General info about shipment and manufacturing

The problem is everywhere but I guess better to b safe…I think for cardboard it’s 24hrs and 72 hrs for metal items.
just wish philips or dhl would put an outer cover and then on delivering remove it and deliver with untouched inner cover…guess we are all paranoid but no harm in taking precautions .

The PPM itself is wrapped in plastic, packed in a green box from Philips that’s within another green box from Philips, that’s inside a cardboard box from Philips, that depending on the handler might be within another box or plastic bag. By the time you get the projector the outer box or bag is the only threat you should be paranoid about, as it takes more than 72 hour to reach your door after it’s been packed by Philips’ workers in China.

1 Like

This is great news!

@Philips_Support_N: Does this mean we are winding up factory #1?

@Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_1 @Philips_Support_P

Actually i do Believe now that philips or Screeneo made this forum to oversight our comments and keep all backers under control by giving hope to every one by a commitment never come true. always news of production quantities and dates then ops!! you have been missed. if it was a new company it should have plan, at least you should know what is your production capacity, you already finalized the product and no more hardware upgrade so why no proper plan of delivery ? why don’t check how many backers balance and what is the average capacity and with easy math you can give estimated date for each backer !! and save your time and ours
I can not imagine that i stuck with philips it was easy to believe if it was unknown company but philips or Screeneo should do something

Finally i don’t have any issue with any one here i just want my Projector and i got bored watching all people comments to get update for each individual issue

I hope to get response from any responsible person

3 Likes

Thanks for making and updating this flowchart. Simple and effective.
Suggestion: Can you add another box for forwarding to HK (approx 2 days) – before Courier labeling
It seems it takes time from the factory in china to HK.

@Brizee Additional comment: Add the below if possible.

1. Shipper to make the logistic file (b/w With courier and delivering)
  2. Philips to convert the above file to CSV and upload in Backerkit (Tangent to the above box)
  3. Backers recieve email from Backerkit / Check BackerKit website for tracking details
2 Likes

For those people who are looking for a summary:

3018 - Shipped by Jan 2020 (before Shutdown)
1480 - Shipped second week of Mar 2020
1570 - Shipped out End March (1170 backers + 400 pre-orders)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Less than 5668 backers have been dispatched to as on 29-Mar-2020 (due to replacements).

Only 2350 (3050 - 700 ready before shutdown) pieces were manufactured and shipped in March 2020. This means effectively current output is only around 590 pieces per week with shipping every 2 weeks.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
2nd production line is up and running from 28-Mar-2020.

Disclaimer: These calculations are based on updates shared by @Philips_Support_N

14 Likes

Same for me my BackerKit No. is 11,060 and indiegogo Contribution ID
9612 in Saudi Arabia … the list showing something weird

what is this list !?
how can i get my numbers neither backerkit nor indiegogo matched these numbers please need answer for this unacceptable situation while you mentioned five days ago that you shipped to Saudi Arabia and in backerkit account the item still not shipped yet!!!
indiegogo Contribution ID: 9612
backerkit 11,060

i found this number from the web page source (15588977) even this number not exist in the list sent by Phillips !?
what i should do with this disappointing case …

@AHMEDMONSEF not only you i guess all saudi arabia backers did not receive any thing and not included in the list he only mentioned saudi arabia in his post to keep the backers from KSA silent and wait more and more this is the strategy they are using

Only 25 backers from saudi arabia if we have access to them i am sure no one will receive or his number will be included
I hope if you can communicate here till we get it

Sure we need to be fully communicate as we must receive proper action from this people…

@Philips_Support_N I am just wondering if you are going to fulfill al the perks by 11th of April as promised.

Also why you do not disclose the total numbers?

It would be nice to let us know the following in one post:

1. Total PPM ordered
  2. Total PPM produced till today
  3. Total PPM shipped
  4. Total backers
  5. Total backers that their perks have been shipped

Also please let us know what is the daily production and shipping rate as of today.

I know that calculations can be derived from all your posts but it would be great if you could do it as you already have all the data ready!

And a notice to all backers: please stop asking when you are going to receive your PPM giving your perk ID. It is pointless, we all waiting the same here!

4 Likes

@Philips_Support_N

Last week you have confirmed to me that my item has been shipped from Hong Kong warehouse and its on its way to sydney and that i will receive a tracking number.
However the tracking number shows that DH Hong Kong has yet to collect from your third party forwarder and it is still in Hong Kong after all. Could you confirm? i have contacted the DHL personnel and they have advised me to contact you as this is considered unusual.

1 Like

Looks like you’re not in this batch then :slightly_frowning_face:
Your contribution ID is on the higher side though I wouldn’t think it’d take too long, normally when @Philips_Support_N is saying someone’s ID is too high for this order they are in the 11k’s.

Hi Philips, could you please let me know why I am not on the shipping list? My contribution id is 4477. I am concerned that there may be a problem as I have not entered a zip code. Dubai does not use zip codes.

1 Like

I’ve gone with this for now - I was saying before that the delivery stage is probably too prone to change to adequately map and I think that applies well enough to BackerKit upload too. With the current 1,480 some were meant to go to UK but had to be re-routed as they just couldn’t get anything forwarded too UK with Corona ongoing.

Given the next batch is due to 6+ countries it seems, chances are that shipping to some regions will finish faster than others and they’ll be able to get forwarded to country and then final mile delivery faster too. So some backerkits may be updated before others - without knowing how granular the information from Philips is going to be that could make a right mess of the chart - once this batch is out we could review how it was communicated. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

That’s an awesome consolidated post.

Sad to read Screeneo are a country mile away from their 500 per day production target, but at least QC is picking up what would be a huge returns headache.

One thing this has certainly taught me, just wait until you can buy a product on the shelf next time! The crowdfunding platform is BS.

2 Likes

Unfortunately yes, it’s not for everyone or for everything. If you like having input into the features and don’t mind waiting indefinitely then crowd backing brings the benefits of a lower price and earliest adoption possible.

If you can’t wait indefinitely or have specific timing issues, and don’t mind getting what the designers came up with without your input and at a higher final price, then by all means skip crowdfunding campaigns.

I myself buy off the shelf 99,99% of the time. Only when I want the benefits mentioned above do I back these kind of campaigns.

2 Likes

This looks great! There was a custom holdup b/w china and HK also. I’d put that there instead of post labeling. There will be another customs post shipment, but that is outside any control so we can skip that on the Flowchart.

1 Like

And done, thanks :slight_smile:

Good to get a second pair of eyes on it.

5 Likes