General info about shipment and manufacturing

Hi Philips, could you please let me know why I am not on the shipping list? My contribution id is 4477. I am concerned that there may be a problem as I have not entered a zip code. Dubai does not use zip codes.

1 Like

Iā€™ve gone with this for now - I was saying before that the delivery stage is probably too prone to change to adequately map and I think that applies well enough to BackerKit upload too. With the current 1,480 some were meant to go to UK but had to be re-routed as they just couldnā€™t get anything forwarded too UK with Corona ongoing.

Given the next batch is due to 6+ countries it seems, chances are that shipping to some regions will finish faster than others and theyā€™ll be able to get forwarded to country and then final mile delivery faster too. So some backerkits may be updated before others - without knowing how granular the information from Philips is going to be that could make a right mess of the chart - once this batch is out we could review how it was communicated. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s an awesome consolidated post.

Sad to read Screeneo are a country mile away from their 500 per day production target, but at least QC is picking up what would be a huge returns headache.

One thing this has certainly taught me, just wait until you can buy a product on the shelf next time! The crowdfunding platform is BS.

2 Likes

Unfortunately yes, itā€™s not for everyone or for everything. If you like having input into the features and donā€™t mind waiting indefinitely then crowd backing brings the benefits of a lower price and earliest adoption possible.

If you canā€™t wait indefinitely or have specific timing issues, and donā€™t mind getting what the designers came up with without your input and at a higher final price, then by all means skip crowdfunding campaigns.

I myself buy off the shelf 99,99% of the time. Only when I want the benefits mentioned above do I back these kind of campaigns.

2 Likes

This looks great! There was a custom holdup b/w china and HK also. Iā€™d put that there instead of post labeling. There will be another customs post shipment, but that is outside any control so we can skip that on the Flowchart.

1 Like

And done, thanks :slight_smile:

Good to get a second pair of eyes on it.

5 Likes

That was quickā€¦ seems perfect for the info we have for the time being. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just happened to check in at the right time :slightly_smiling_face:

Next week we will have 2 production lines! Hopefully we will have a bigger QC passed numbers soon enough :exclamation:

1 Like

As long as you are staying inside the house and not going out. #StaySafe

@IvoGrijt Medical professional here: The virus survives on cardboard around 24 hours, on plastic/acrylic or stainless steel around 72 hours if humidity an temperature is stable. Which should not be the case for a package changing countries.

So you should be safe handling it with gloves and a piece of cloth in front of your mouth. I open my packages on the balcony, get out whatever is in it with a piece of paper, place it inside on the floor, get rid of the gloves and the paper (bin it kill it) and step back inside, open the box of whatever I ordered and then go for washing my hands. This is absolutely enough to be safe! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks Gizem, Iā€™m not (that) paranoid myself, I just went along with the poster @macsan0123 to show him he has nothing to worry about even if he felt there was a risk.

But always good to get good information from a well informed source! :sunglasses::+1:t4:

1 Like

@IvoG You helped me alot in this forum with many many informations! Iā€™m happy I can return the favour SOMEHOW. :yum:

3 Likes

He he.not a medical professionalā€¦just read it somewhereā€¦thx

1 Like

Hi !

I know my contribution ID is high (#13140), but it seems you go by country rather than #ID! Is there any news on the next Canada shipment ?
Have you thought of a small gift for long wait ? A carrying pouch for instance, itā€™s just an idea !
More transparency form your part could ease up the process for everyone! People donā€™t look mad at not receiving it rather than being kept in the dark.

Canā€™t wait to watch movies on this beauty thought!

Thanks for answering

Kevin
If it helps hereā€™s my backerkit ID 11582840, contribution ID 13140.

4 Likes

Now thatā€™s a brilliant idea something philips should have offered for the delay without your asking.maybe discount like free shipping but I guess they wonā€™t
I would be happy if I get a trouble free piece and a new one .

1 Like

Ild also like to know about the next shipment to Canada please

Hello @Philips_Support_N,

Can you please let me know if I am included in the next shipment list?
backerkit id 15589389, contribution id 8537

Thanks for answering

So apparently there is a new Update in the ā€œPinned Postā€ asking backers to send an email with additional information.

What is unclear to me: who is this update directed to? All backers? Backers that already have a shipping info?

@Philips_Support_N can you please clarify?

Best Regards Tobias

When will this batch be shipped? My number is in the list, but status in backerkit has not changed.