General info about shipment and manufacturing

The interesting thing for me is that it was only at this time that their communications actually started to be honest, timely and realistic.
So I’m much more relaxed because I know things are tremendously difficult now, but I’m getting good feedback on progress.
I don’t want them bankrupting themselves to deliver quickly - I’d rather wait until prices come down.

3 Likes

But Martin, isn’t that (unexpected delays) par for course when it comes to crowdfunded campaigns by a company that’s new to crowdfunded campaigns? They had to figure out how to communicate and collect pledges (Indiegogo), keep track of everybody’s addresses and collect VAT and so on (Backerkit), find ways to ship to minimize costs to them and the backers (eg. tax and import wise), even having to do some trial runs to figure out this part. Their support personnel had to be trained for this device and dealing with crowdfunding issues (like refunds due to change of heart).
Not to mention that probably like many other products this one also had childhood problems in the first production runs, just as we’ve recently seen after they started up a second factory to solve the backlog that had been created. Only difference being that you wouldn’t have known about any of these issues if it hadn’t been a crowdfunded product.

So yes, the campaign did not meet its intended start of deliveries date, nor subsequent dates. Perhaps even their prediction methods were not up to par with a crowdfunding campaign, or were marred by other internal issues with suppliers, laws, and God knows what else they’re not even telling us. And they may be withholding information, but that’s probably as they’re internal affairs where even our pledges don’t grant us the right to be in the loop of. Information that could cost them their position, jobs, contracts, or future if it were to come out. Why do you think companies like Philips don’t usually do crowdfunding? It’s so their dirty laundry doesn’t have to be aired, we usually get to see the washed and dried results only.

And being completely honest with you, because I backed this campaign knowing full well that delays are par for course with crowdfunded campaigns, I didn’t even follow all the Facebook groups or even campaign updates until January this year. So to be honest I do not know which mayor screwup you’re referring to or whether there was an apology or excuse given. If you can enlighten me on that, publicly or privately, I’ll be very interested to hear about it.

Like I said elsewhere, I’m merely a backer, not working for a company with boards, bosses, laws and lawyers, and company policies to hold me back from speaking my mind. Elon Musk for instance says something on Twitter and Tesla stock takes a dive, or he gets sued over his words.

Screeneo / PhilipsNono would gladly share with us what’s really going on a lot of the time I think, if it wouldn’t have repercussions on themselves or their company, their income. But even when they do, they get attacked, either because they seem to be lying, or because the answer given is not to some’s satisfaction, or sometimes simply because of their lack of eloquence in wording their replies. So being humans also, I can understand that at a certain point, faced with adversity from all sides, including taking heat from the very people who called themselves your “backers”, a person would just say “You know what? I’m gonna just shut up and do what needs to be done to get this over with”.

Which is then called carelessness.

3 Likes

I hope your retailers dont get the units faster than your indiegogo backers.
Huge bummer for the people to wait even longer if part of the production is reserved for the retailers.

3 Likes

A week ago Philips sent me a tracking number but it’s invalid. What do I do ?

@Philips_Support_T @Philips_Support_N

Can i get reply on my inquiries i send Emails but never get reply

You can start by having a look in this very thread, a few posts up:

So please be patient just a bit longer.

1 Like

Again I really appreciate your reply Ivo. But going by the premise why most of us pledged towards this project it is rather disappointing that a company which didn’t start up just last year has such an awful communication problem. Nor have had any infrastructure set up to speak off.
I think that is why a lot of the backers including me are upset.
Attached are some screenshots from 2016.

5 Likes

Takes a few days to a week

1 Like

The DHL website just gave me some information. And it’s amazing - Phillips sent the projector to the wrong address, TWICE! I don’t live in Wilmington since December when I changed my address on backerkit. It must be some kind of a joke…

1 Like

let us check. this is weird. WE just checked: we are your new address. We are going to check with DHL why.

1 Like

It’s only when they needed to speak to end-costumers that they started doing so. So whereas they’ve been around for a while making good or great products, they had not yet ventured into the realm of one-to-one communication that a crowdfunding campaign brings with it, which is why they still struggle in that area in my opinion.

Look, I’m not saying this to justify this aspect that upset you and possibly many other backers, but to explain why this is the case at the moment as I see it. It’s something that once you accept it and process it, you can change or adapt your own perspective and expectations to deal with the reality accordingly.

2 Likes

Hi screeneo community, I want to share with you this email message from support delivered after 2 weeks of silence and after 60 days from the beginning of return process and still no replacement delivered. They are continuing to provide false information

4 Likes

This is my reply I hope it will be useful to unmask this situation

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing Armando!

I understand your frustration and tone, it would seem to me that you wrote your reply with a lot of restraint.
If I may give just one little piece of advice: don’t say things like “I’m sure this is a planned strategy to…” because you can’t be sure of that. Making this point shows your anger and frustration but gives the other party leverage to dismiss your arguments based on this little part that you can’t actually prove.

Other than that: well written! :+1:t4:

4 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Individual status update requests

News:
We are working now on the FAN speed in order to decreased the fan noise. We found a pretty good way that will make the fan noise far more silent!

16 Likes

You should find a way to fulfil your delivery promises or provide immediate refunds to all who want it.

3 Likes

No point to say that.
I’m giving you an information about what we are doing in manufacturing.
And I just checked, your replacement product is ready for this batch. Waiting for QC tomorrow

4 Likes

Screeneo.

After being sent to multiple courier companies I shipped it back to you. You then proceeded to ignore me.
You emailed a reply on 19 March that the replacement unit would be shipped “next week”
You ignored me again.
You emailed me on 27 March that the product would be sent “next week”
It is now the 24th of April and the product has failed to be delivered.

Since this was a topic that was delisted by you or your moderators, am sharing this for all on this forum here.

https://community.philipsprojection.com/t/for-those-waiting-for-replacement-units/

2 Likes

yes, your Max is ready for this shipment.