General info about shipment and manufacturing

:heart: this approach… spend more time once and relax forever! Let us know if u need help on anything that isn’t confidential.

3 Likes

It’s all very difficult due to European privacy laws GDPR and such. Philips Projection couldn’t even consider having me have a peek without the proper NDA’s and confidentiality contracts. Now I’m not just another member of the public looking at your private data, but a hired consultant on this campaign. This covers them, you, and me under the laws. And while logically yes, it could be anonymized so anyone could help, such anonymized lists wouldn’t help us to ship the perks faster or better but only make things worse.

3 Likes

Thanks Ivo for sharing some insights to the work that goes in behind the curtains!

1 Like

Update:

Note that 10,528 out of 14,469 are done as of last week. 180 were added on Monday and 1384 devices passed QC yesterday and will be added to this week’s shipment.

Only 2,377 units remain for Manufacturing. And by the looks of things that should be done in next 2-3 weeks.

We have been patient for several months, i would request to give them a couple more weeks and hopefully it will be easier to cater for such requests. @Bobinat @Olivier_Huet @Aaron @Tommi @blagerweij

7 Likes

Any update on the new list @Philips_Support_N/ @IvoGrijt? :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Individual status update requests

Thank you @imdevu for this information, and thank you @IvoGrijt far all your work and all the help you provide to all :slight_smile:

When I was asking for a country column, it was only to avoid some claims that you would later have to answer.
On my side, I have absolutely no problem waiting :slight_smile:

I work as a developer (and sysadmin) and do a lot of SQL on SQL Sever, HANA, MySQL, Access… So if you need help, just ask ^^

2 Likes

They never did find solution for the (supposedly) “blocked” countries after all.

1 Like

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N
I’m Indiegogo nr 12289
Backerkit number 15587037

I’m not on the last list again. I’m loosing patience… 21xxx contributions are there and I’m not! What’s your problem to send to Latvia? I receive a lot of things by DHL and it is working without any problems here…

1 Like

My contribution ID is 20886.
The list skipped many numbers. Is it normal? Thanks.
註解 2020-05-14 090959

Same goes to me, contribution ID 11830 (Singapore) is still missed, could you help to check please @Philips_Support_N
Capture

1 Like

I think mine is the same as it is 20896 but let see once they update the new list which going to be today later on. Hopefully it appear back in to the in to the list.

Fingers crossed

I wonder how DHL will manage to fulfill their promise to deliver by the end of today while the shipment is still on hold in HK…
@Philips_Support_N or @IvoGrijt, have you accidentially heard anything from DHL?

1 Like

I thought this would happen with the IGG IDs. :slight_smile:

I haven’t received mine, I’m 16*** and there are other 21*** before me, but let me explain the situation one by one.

Yes, this is normal. They are shipping first by region and then contribution ID. It’s just want makes sense financially. This was pointed out from the start, so we should not be surprised here.

Same as above.

Same situation as above. Now if 21*** is in Latvia and is before you, then it is a problem. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Vin

I note your reply. My contribution ID#11894 (from Singapore). I noted that Contribution ID# 16710 and 13619 (both also from Singapore) are already in List 3. Is this considered a problem based on your explanation above? I have approached @Philips_Support_N for explanation, but no reply. Maybe you can help to explain and determine if I will be in List 4. I dare say I am not alone that our patience is running thin, and add to that the non-logical manner in which the ppm is distributed, even within the same country.

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Thanks for the further info. Haven’t understood that before. Yes, if this is the case, it seems like a problem. Now that @IvoGrijt has more authority, he can maybe check that for you.

1 Like

@Vin if a moderator replies with sweeping statements without checking the background, then that is a problem. Someone was complaining about pollution earlier and to me this is pollution on the forum.

@Long_NT 's contribution id is 11830, @Alexbird_Chong 's contribution id is 11894, mine is 16629. All from Singapore but none on the list. However there are later ids from Singapore on the list. What do you want us to do? Keep mum about it?

As moderators you should be encouraging backers to write on the forum and if the traffic is too much for you to handle then remember this is what YOU volunteered for.

Please don’t discourage backers from posting here. It is their only source of communication.

4 Likes

Hi Meghal, sorry if you’ve understood it this way. Please note, that I am not part of Philips Projection and I don’t have access to any back-office data. I don’t know each person’s IDs, nor I can check where their ID is from unless it is clearly stated in the comment. Which means that by just looking at the list, I don’t know which is which.

So please bear with me. I have the same information you do, it’s just that as a moderator I have to keep more track of the forum’s communication IF I want to stay a more up-to-date.

As I mentioned in my comments here:

…and here…

Ivo will be able to help you now that he is part of the Philips Projection team. \

Now this is the job of the moderator - to monitor, control, explain and to point out to a solution. I’m not the solution ;).

2 Likes

@Vin please, you don’t have to apologise at all…I fully understand you are trying to help with very limited resources. And i am very cognizant of the immense challenges you and the other moderators face with the daily barrage of comments. I am very appreciative of your effort.

but this is very normal and should have been preempted when a large corporation with limited to zero B2C experience opens up a platform to communicate with thousands of anxious customers across the globe.

Anyway, it was never my intention to single you out. All I am asking is for moderators to exercise patience with the backers.

thank you for all your help !

1 Like

Thanks for the sentiment, but I mostly have more access to information and the people acting on it.

I put together the information in the list to be able to show the contribution ID, which was one of the most often heard complaints since we started listing the entries. But because of the delays in shipping we sort of like have to pre-share the shipping information, so people know we are about to ship to them and can check / change their shipping address with us.

But in a normal situation, no shipping delays or Covid19 cargo transportation shifts, you wouldn’t know who gets fulfilled when. You could be among the last to get your order despite having ordered first. When you order by any online retailer, others who ordered late in the day may even get their order before you who woke up and ordered first thing in the morning. And that normally wouldn’t even bother you, as long as you got your items within a reasonable window of time.

With the list based on contribution ID, everyone can see which numbers are next. But the most important thing to realize is that despite your number being lower or higher, everyone will be getting theirs. If you’re not in this list you’ll be on the next. The constant asking “are we there yet?”, “why does he get to go and not me?” “I want my toys NOW” only slows ALL shipments down, as every moment spent reading, finding out about, and answering these questions is detracting from actually getting every backer fulfilled by leading suppliers, forwarders, shippers, etc.

Everyone will get theirs. And we will try to fill in the gaps, and reshuffle the allocations if needed to do so in keeping with the backing order as much as we can.