General info about shipment and manufacturing

To be honest I’m personally at the point that I’d almost stop with the whole lists at all and start deleting all complaints about why someone else first etc.

We’re swamped with legitimate requests for address changes, which is the only valid reason for still continuing with published lists. We are also chasing our forwarder to find out what’s happening with the packages and the tracking in some cases. There are so many things that really need our time and focus to deal with, that are not being helped by all the “Are we there yet?”, “Why’s Timmy getting an ice cream when I’m not?”, “You’re a liar cause this trip is taking forever and you still didn’t get me the ice cream” or “I’m gonna tell Dad on you Mom!”

You’ll get what you paid for. The more we can focus on the tasks at hand the sooner that will be.

This was not directed at anyone in particular, but if the shoe fits, please try to be patient.

Sorry if I came over a tad irritated, I literally slept 2 hours over the last 36, with a lot of it simply working on getting this list by Indiegogo contribution ID that was so requested and still not good enough for some.

15 Likes

Hi I’d like to change my shipping address but can’t work out how to send you a personal message. How do I do that? Thanks

Click on his profile picture and in the top right hand corner it says message.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to come up as an option for me! Probably just being stupid, but still can’t fine this personal message feature!

As far as I remember you need a higher rank to be able to send private messages. You acquire it by being active for a bit.

2 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for the list by indiegogo contribution ID, but to be honest this still doesn’t give us an idea of how far away we might be. It would still be good to have a list of indiegogo contribution IDs with status of sent or not sent.

The purpose of this list would not be to get angry about why later contribution IDs have been sent sooner than mine (i understand region grouping shipping to save costs etc.) but the purpose would be to at least be able to see how many not sent contributions IDs there still are ahead of my contribution. That way i know more or less if its in the next few shipments or miles away.

For example, I have indiegogo contribution ID 14675, and in the latest list (where my number is not listed) there are indiegogo IDs that are in the 100s and also all the way past 20000, which then tells me absolutely nothing about my possible delivery to EU (poland). whereas if we had a “sent/not sent” status list, I could see how many not sent contributions are still ahead of mine and be able to gauge some kind of timeline of when i could expect to get mine (taking into account a tolerance for region sending etc.)

Im sure such a list already exists internally. It would need to exist for phillips/screeneo to track fulfillment of orders. So why not simply make this available to the community. Its surprising that it stubbornly hasnt been made available all this time.

1 Like

I completely understand your frustration, and really hope you do not remove the list. The list has been a tremendous improvement over zero visibility, even when we had to dig up our BackerKit number from HTML sourcecode. Now that we’re using Indiegogo Contribution numbers it’s much easier to track. If it’s not too much trouble, please add a column with the country or region, or even a seperate sheet with the highest ID per country/region. I’m sure most backers would love this visibility. Then again, there will always be some backers that do not bother the read the previous couple of messages, and ask why someone from Australia/NZ with a higher contribution number already got their perk.

6 Likes

ok thanks, seems like a strange feature though…

Thanks @Piotrek_Okonski that worked!

3 Likes

Dont work this hard man. We can wait a bit more for our PPMs. Obviously the IGG IDs are easier and better, but we can live with the Backerkit number too.

4 Likes

There’s nothing stubbornly about it. I worked for 5 hours straight on producing just this list*, and I’m very well versed in relational databases and Excel sheets. But we’re tied to the only things that matter: the output from Indiegogo, the output from Backerkit, and the format the resulting sheets need to be in to be even handled properly by the forwarder.

If you thought looking for Backerkit ID in HTML source code is bad enough, if you were to see the back ends we’re working with and how many different ways there are to call the same thing we all know by a different name… and let me not even get into stuff like code pages, Unicode characters in spelling, people changing their data in Backerkit themselves, or responding to the survey with a different mail address than their Indiegogo account…
Last thing we want is someone getting 5 PPM’s and 4 others get none.

So frankly I finally understood this morning at 5:20 why it was such a big deal. PhilipsNono had warned me that it would be a gargantuan task, and even my wife woke up and came down looking for me as I hadn’t been to bed all night.

*being the scripter / Automator I am professionally, I wouldn’t have spent so much time for just one file. I did it in such a way that the next files would also be combinable with just a few clicks, with automatic information match checking and such. I could’ve done it all quicker, but I invested in now having something that’s reusable.

Nothing will give a sense of how long you have to wait. Any sense you or we have can go out the window the moment a flight is cancelled, a shipment is delayed at the customs, or are temporarily lost in a warehouse.

12 Likes

It’s called “Hitting the ground running”. There’s a lot of pressure on the whole staff to do all sorts of stuff, and this was the one thing I could do to really help them on the logistics side. People had been complaining (rightly so) that it was a pain in the ass to find the Backerkit ID. The Backerkit ID is the SSN of the whole shipping side, so it’s what is used to handle all things shipping, like an airplane ticket. But it says nothing about who’s first and who’s next. That’s decided by your seat number, and whether you’re traveling with kids or not for instance. And sometimes they’ll let higher seat numbers on first as logistically that works out the best. The Indiegogo ID is you seat number so to speak, Easily found on your boarding pass. But when deciding who goes and who stays on a flight, or luggage collection stuff, it’s the ticket number that is looked at and dealt with.

4 Likes

:heart: this approach… spend more time once and relax forever! Let us know if u need help on anything that isn’t confidential.

3 Likes

It’s all very difficult due to European privacy laws GDPR and such. Philips Projection couldn’t even consider having me have a peek without the proper NDA’s and confidentiality contracts. Now I’m not just another member of the public looking at your private data, but a hired consultant on this campaign. This covers them, you, and me under the laws. And while logically yes, it could be anonymized so anyone could help, such anonymized lists wouldn’t help us to ship the perks faster or better but only make things worse.

3 Likes

Thanks Ivo for sharing some insights to the work that goes in behind the curtains!

1 Like

Update:

Note that 10,528 out of 14,469 are done as of last week. 180 were added on Monday and 1384 devices passed QC yesterday and will be added to this week’s shipment.

Only 2,377 units remain for Manufacturing. And by the looks of things that should be done in next 2-3 weeks.

We have been patient for several months, i would request to give them a couple more weeks and hopefully it will be easier to cater for such requests. @Bobinat @Olivier_Huet @Aaron @Tommi @blagerweij

7 Likes

Any update on the new list @Philips_Support_N/ @IvoGrijt? :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Individual status update requests

Thank you @imdevu for this information, and thank you @IvoGrijt far all your work and all the help you provide to all :slight_smile:

When I was asking for a country column, it was only to avoid some claims that you would later have to answer.
On my side, I have absolutely no problem waiting :slight_smile:

I work as a developer (and sysadmin) and do a lot of SQL on SQL Sever, HANA, MySQL, Access… So if you need help, just ask ^^

2 Likes

They never did find solution for the (supposedly) “blocked” countries after all.

1 Like