General info about shipment and manufacturing

Guys, listen, what is the point to get a tracking number without having any info?
You will refresh it every sec all day long to see where is your product?
Frankly speaking when I’m buying something on internet, i’m just waiting to get an email to say: yes it’s shipped and then that’s it.

We will upload the tracking as soon as the situation with the customs is cleared.

6 Likes

Because we’re fed up of tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.

We’ve been missed once, we wan’t to make sure we’ve not been missed again.

Yes COVID has made things difficult, yes it’s delayed things, but you guys are being deliberately evasive in telling us who is going to be getting a unit shipped.

Upload a spreadsheet with just the backer numbers of the EU units that have been shipped and let us check that we haven’t been missed.

I’m fed up of hearing tomorrow.

5 Likes

We are doing our best to unlock all situations. We don’t have those tracking for the moment. Our forwarder didn’t give it to us. We will upload it as soon as we have it. Also, we won’t upload any confidential files.

5 Likes

A list of backer numbers is not a confidential file.

So what you’re saying is that you actually have no idea who they’ve been shipped to and therefore have no idea if those who were missing last time have not been missed again?

1 Like

we know but we only send the tracking numbers when we receive it. We won’t upload any list of backers before.

NEWS:

• 1,450 new devices will be ready for inspection on Thursday
  • still around 700 products on customs side for inspection and blocked in HK. Will be released tomorrow
  • a second production line will open next week in our second factory
  • We are working to release a new software around next week with a lot of updates. We will give you the list asap
4 Likes

Have you checked the list of missing backers (there’s a post on here) against what you’ve shipped to ensure that those of us who were missed last time are going to get their units?

I think as a group of backers, who should have received their units a couple of months back, we’ve been very patient and understanding, but it’s starting to wear thin now because you refuse to fully answer questions.

LOL and there’s the infamous “tomorrow” again.

Do you get why those of us who were missing in shipping are getting so frustrated with this process?

3 Likes

yes for sure we took the list and added it. That’s why we have a banner on the top of the conversation explaining it:
" All forgotten backers below 4000"

Also, we are giving you all information as soon as we have it. YES TOMORROW because this is what the customs is saying. Then if they change their mind, what can we say? That’s why we don’t give long term plans: there are always unexpected things during a campaign. Something you don’t usually see with Big Companies because you only see the product in stores. But you don’t know what happened to the product BEFORE you see it in stores. Maybe this product took 2 years to make, maybe they even thought to cancel it, maybe they even changed suppliers several times, or maybe this product has been first to US, then to EU because of logistics issue. Now you really see how a product is made and what are the REALITY of making a product.
Apple is the same: issues with software, with batteries, with butterfly keyboard, burning phones… Making a product is not like going to Disneyland. You have people working day and night to make whatever you buy in stores.

12 Likes

Yeah. And it’s happened once…

This is why you could clear this whole thing up by telling us which backer numbers are included, no other information, it doesn’t disclose anything about anybody.

This is the first time I’ve seen you acknowledge that you looked at the list (apologies if you’ve said it before), i’ve seen it asked multiple times but without a response.

Knowing that you’ve checked against that list fills me with a bit more hope, but until I know for definite it’s still firmly in the “I’ll believe it when I see it” category.

1 Like

I actually work in embedded device design, so I’m fully aware of manufacturing, design, test, rework, shipping, procurement, lead times and so on. I’ve spent more time in EMC test houses running CE/FCC EMC tests than I care to mention. I’ve worked on projects where we were manufacturing and shipping hundreds of thousands of PCB’s per month, but I digress.

Your handling of this shipping process has been abysmal up to now

2 Likes

this is the reality. Everyone thinks they can always do better :slight_smile: That could be nice to work in a company without any issues. In fact… that would be boring!
Anyway, now at least we restarted everything and restarted shipping. This is the positive point!
Have a great night everyone and see you tomorrow for more info!

8 Likes

Yeah, you guys just need to be clearer and more transparent. Honestly, stop saying tomorrow, if you can’t say it’s definitely going to be tomorrow then don’t say it!

As frustrating as it is for us as backers/customers, I know how frustrating it is for you guys trying to get the stuff out of the door and into the customers hands, I’m not expecting miracles, the world is currently experiencing something absolutely extraordinary.

If you ignore all other groups of customers and just consider those of us who were missed, try to see if from our point of view. Being told that all missed units under 4100 have been included is one thing, but the trust is already broken, you (or your frieght company) messed it up once, we’re in the position of until we have hard proof that we are getting a unit from this batch then we are erring on the side of “we don’t believe it”.

I said earlier in this thread, it’s better to say what you’ve done than what you think you’ve done or where you think you will be tomorrow (I absolutely hate that word now!). An acknowledgement in that missing EU thread that you’ve doubled checked the list of people who posted against the list that has been shipped would go someway to easing peoples concerns.

The longer tomorrow turns into tomorrow the more irate people are going to get.

1 Like

Disgraceful comments here. Really shocking. I thought this was supposed to be a community? Certainly not one I would like to live in. I’ve kept quiet until now, but this is taking it too far.

You all know the situation in your own countries and how lives, work etc have been disrupted and effected by the current situation. China has been going through this for 3 months and much worse than we have.

Yet you think it’s ok to insult and basically harass these folks who are turning up and working as hard as possible in unprecedented and worrying times, all for you to get a little bit of plastic and glass?!

Get a grip. It will come when it comes, they have issues out of their control and are in the hands of others with the customs/shipping etc.

In light of the current situation, maybe you should try being kind and patient and your little toy will arrive soon enough. I’ve not received mine yet either, but that doesn’t give me the right to be rude and insulting. Request a refund and go to shops if you’re not happy and maybe leave the distasteful remarks for another forum…

Wishing everyone peace and health. Stay safe. x

16 Likes

That’s what they were doing before, but were called out for not sharing anything. Now they share based on what has happened and what they predict will happen based on what they get back from their sources and partners, and yet that’s not enough for some.

4 Likes

It’s been tomorrow for a week, if you or your supply chain can’t guarantee that it will be when you say it will then just don’t say it.

We’ve submitted the list to the shipping agent and are waiting.

We’re still waiting for an update from the shipping agent, it’s in process.

Is better than.

You’ll know tomorrow.

You’ll know tomorrow.

You’ll know tomorrow.

Managing peoples expectations is part of dealing with a supply chain. If you give timescales and can’t keep to them then you can’t moan when people call you out on it.

5 Likes

Thank you for your post!
I think that the moderation team will start to also be less and less tolerant of such language in posts.

By the way, everybody can flag a post they deem inappropriate or insulting, upon which the moderation team will look into the post. This is not meant to be used to harass or try to silence someone who(‘s post) you don’t like, but to report actual issues.

6 Likes

Can you imagine how frustrating it must be for them? You’re waiting on just 1 projector and are frustrated, they’re waiting on hundreds, while fielding questions from so many backers.

Realize that the world is not business as usual, everything is affected at the moment, so many people and companies are scrambling to still try to deliver some sort of service.

Please try to understand that.

Which posts out of interest have fallen foul of this? I’ve just scrolled up quite a few pages and can’t see anything other than people asking questions, i didn’t see anything containing inappropriate content or language during my skim, but I could have missed stuff of course.

Censoring posts or posters is a slippery slope, while there are situations where it may and is necessary, people have the right to ask questions and hold accountability.

If I hadn’t been one of the ones who was missed, I wouldn’t be posting, but it’s very hard to feel assured that the same thing isn’t going to happen to us again, and when you’ve heard tomorrow touted as “the day” for a week or so you get understandably frustrated. This group of backers are a unique situation and once we have satisfied ourselves that our units have shipped then we’ll all breathe a sigh of relief, but until then I’d imagine more than just me is thinking “we’ve been missed once, what’s going to stop it happening again”.

You should also take things that people write with a pinch of salt, you cannot convey emotion easily with words (and most of us aren’t shakesphere) and you have no control over how the other party interprets it, an innocent question may be incorrectly interpreted as an aggressive statement.

5 Likes

I’ve already said the same, multiple times. But as I keep saying, these EU backers are somewhat of a special group in that they’ve been forgotten once. It’s not like they’re just sitting there waiting patiently in line, hundreds of people just barged in front of them and all they can see is another group of people walking towards them.

I’ve said that COVID has caused issues for them and the supply chain and I think we’ve been very understanding and very patient, it was unforseen and nothing could be done about it. Such is life. But understand that people want to ensure the same mistake doesn’t happen again, especially to the same group of people.

Until proof of shipment of these units happens, then the same questions will continue to be asked, unless you’re one of these backers you won’t fully appreciate how frustrating this has been, given that our units should have been shipped to us before the chinese new year and before the covid pandemic.

I’m sure the backers and @Philips_Support_N in particular wants to see the back of these particular units as soon as possible.

3 Likes

Hello just a quick question (sorry if this has been clarified before).

In total you have shipped 6000 units (including the ones in customs). How many will be in the next batch and when will be ready to be shipped according to current info?