General info about shipment and manufacturing

@IvoGrijt

We are happy to say that we have just received our projector … and even though at times we were particularly upset due to the lack of feedback following the loss of our DHL shipment 4 months ago … today we can say that we are very happy to finally have the projector in our hands and that it is a piece of art!

We are already using it in presentations and our executives are particularly happy with the quality of the product.

For everybody else who is also in the pipeline to receive a projector, we can finally say that, this projector is worth it, and that Ivo’s promises that he will get those delayed projectors finally to all of us, is indeed a true promise, as proven in our case.

As we read from Ivo’s quote below, they are indeed making progress, and with some patience we hope that soon everybody else here will enjoy this great projector too, as we do.

Thank you @IvoGrijt and from our side this may be the last time we visit this forum - and if we do again, it would not be to complain :wink:

Warmest Regards

4 Likes

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_T:

This feedback that you have that “Indian customs will not permit Chinese products to enter the country” is wrong. There is no such Government instruction and Airports/Ports across the country are clearing goods made in China on a daily basis. There is only a recent restriction imposed on import of colour television sets (not only from China but from any country). This restriction does not apply to projectors.
There was a hiatus in clearance for a while from the end of June till middle of July when there were tensions between the two countries, but after mid-July, Customs clearances have been done and I know of instances of the same Philips projectors being cleared from Delhi and Kolkata from July 11th onwards. So please do start shipping to Indian backers and tell the forwarders or whoever is giving you this feedback to get their facts straight.
Btw my ticket number is 24573 and I have sent nine polite reminders to support@screeneo.com but have not received any feedback so far. Please give me an update on this.
Thank you.

Thanks Ivo for your effort, can we have the list of ID, at least to check that we’re there and no-one is forgotten ?

1 Like

India- China issue started mid of June. Before that most of the Indian backers received their projectors or was on the way. Why was I left out then? Did I make a mistake?
I have responded for all the emails from screenio with in fews hours. Submitted all the documents and information on time. Even though I was left out.

You are claiming that a product which was already manufactured and was with the forwarder, cannot send to UAE in one month of time?

So regarding the refund. My money was with your company for almost an year. Even if the amount is refunded, I have to bear the bank charges, convertion rate difference, altogether might reach 50—70$ loss. Any solution for that?

As you have said above, if I can arrange someone from UAE, will you be able send with in a month of time? I don’t think it will be a problem for your company as ‘one for road’ backers are also starting to get theirs.

1 Like

Appreciate the effort you are putting in. Can’t help but think that Philips the company not Ivo the individual should be doing more.

It is an absolute mess and not one for you to unpick it is for someone senior in Philips to resolve. There are projectors in the UK for sale they should be redirected to customers. Likewise in other countries.

The forwarding company in China should not be used anymore and a competent alternative found.

What due diligence did Philips complete prior to picking the forwarding company. Was it what’s your price? Oh your cheap let’s go.

Anyway it is getting a bit boring the lack of results from Philips. Not having a go at you Ivo. Just fed up with the lack of professionalism from Philips. It is worse than some of the bad one man band indiegogo campaigns.

2 Likes

Oh no, you won’t get to leave us so quickly now! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
At least post some pics in Loving my PPM (share your stories & pics)

According to the latest info I have, the forwarder is working on shipments to Macau.

A list of which kind of ID’s do you mean?

I honestly do not know, and no, you did not make a mistake.

What I’m saying is that given the current record of this forwarder, I could not guarantee anything. I’ve seen them ship to the other side of the world within 4 days, and also take months to ship to their own backyard in Asia.
So I still can not guarantee that. If there’s a time window to a shipping address I prefer to not even commit to trying as I can’t guarantee anything in this regard.

And other shipments including “one for the road” are not the hindrance of any already booked shipments like yours, the unit we allocated for your shipment is waiting at the forwarder for a solution to be found.

Refund questions I can not answer, perhaps @Philips_Support_N can.

1 Like

Thanks Ellis!

We are doing as much as we can, all of us. We got extra people in to work on some tasks so that I can focus on the tasks that are difficult to resolve, and to find the actual solutions. We even have senior staff working on these cases, like our CEO Steve (known on the forum as PhilipsSteve) who is actively helping out on a daily basis including the weekends.
The projectors that you may see online at retailers are not ours, they are units bought by these retailers via the same campaign. We told them to hold off sales until we we’re done with the campaign, but we didn’t expect nor plan to still be busy on this campaign to this date. So we can’t very well go and collect the units back from them and tell them to ship these to our backers instead, it just doesn’t work that way.

We have and still are looking into divorcing from this forwarder. This is not easy however, as we not only need them to finish the campaign with the stock they’re still holding on to, but also to finish resolving the issues with shipments already carried out by them, like returned to sender, claims, and still in transit items.
When we were selecting forwarders we looked at more than just price on our side, but also to the added costs for the backers. We had at least 2 other forwarders we tried with before settling on this one. And they have delivered over 14000 units just fine in the end, with about 1500 issues (not yet shipped, still in transit, returned to sender) still to be resolved. And some of these were not even their fault but were due to people moving and the addresses not being changed in time or in the right place, some people refused to pay the import taxes upon arrival to their country, others were not at the address specified due to corona, the packages were sometimes lost, damaged, or stolen before the backer got it, etc.

The biggest problem we have with them is the communication. I sometimes ask them something, and either get no response at all or get a reply that I cannot understand or use at all.
Checkout this exchange I had with them on the subject of shipments returned to the German warehouse.

These shipments would’ve been in the backers’ homes by now if they had done as I asked on the 10th.

It’s the forwarder who’s causing us to look bad unfortunately, and we can’t get rid of them just yet unfortunately. Their faults in these cases caused us such an overload in tickets that we also succumbed to them and are slowly crawling back up from that also. If they had handled the list I sent them for instance, that would’ve been another 54 cases I could’ve solved and closed the tickets of.

2 Likes

The tracking number still not working.
There is no response from support@screeneo.com😕

Sorry for moaning

1 Like

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N in case you guys have missed it or just ignoring our posts in “Shipment to Qatar” thread, please provide update as you have promised us for a workable solution 1 MONTH ago, and yet nothing being conveyed to us!

1 Like

This information is now a month old with no solution for Kuwait shipping despite cargo shipments being open (the whole pandemic period). Seems nobody from Philips care anymore.

1 Like

Don’t be sorry Ellis, we are sorry you even have to bring these up!
I try to be open and honest with you all, and while some may say “we don’t care about your internal issues, just deliver!”, when you comment on the process and basically indicate wanting to discuss this, I will tell you what I know and what’s going on.

As for Qatar and Kuwait, I unfortunately do not have the solution and therefore an answer to give that would satisfy the backers there. Every single day we talk about this but we do not get further really on this. I don’t know what else to say at this moment, it’s not out of our sights nor are we ignoring you deliberately.

Are you really processing the ticket from Zendesk? There isn’t any reply for nine days. Is there a company’s customer service reply so slow like Philips?

*Ivo has replyed today. Thanks!

1 Like

Which shipper shipping right now to india ?

I had nothing to reply, no status update to give, and thousands of ticket to handle.

The latest update from the forwarder is that they will finish arranging the shipment for HK & Taiwan backers today Friday the 21st and provide the tracking numbers to us.

3 Likes

Very grateful for your update. I hope the forwarder will do well this time. Thank you again.

Just wanted to tell u a good job done despite the many issues n hurdles.keep it up !

1 Like

There is no point talking about this every single day from your side in your meetings whatsoever - must be waste of time. If no solution then I would suggest refund to all affected backers. Nothing can happen anyway!

1 Like

@IvoGrijt what are you talking about? You dont have solution for shipment to Qatar? Captainolives has received his projector in Qatar, that is so called test run.

Now we have proven way to get the projectors into Qatar why dont utilise the same for remaining 7 of us?

@Philips_Support_N where is your promised?

In case you guys missed it.

1 Like

Hi @IvoGrijt

Sorry to be pedantic… but there ARE solutions.

A shipment to Qatar took place. A shipment to South Africa took place. Both seem to have occurred through the forwarder.

Surely something has to give?

1 Like