General info about shipment and manufacturing

@Philips_Support_N Maybe a stupid question, but can you please confirm that all of the issues surrounding the last shipment to EU have been taken care of. Like missing documentation for batteries etc. that caused the delays last time.

Would also be nice if you could give us an estimate of the delivery time for the forgotten EU backers now. For what I can see it took about a month for the packages to reach the Swedish backers last time but I’m guessing it should be a bit faster this time, right?

1 Like

Fantastic to hear the shipment for the forgotten EU ones will finally commence within the next 48 hours :slight_smile:

Just a quick checklist:

1. Give the package forwarder only excel list with rows of the intended 500, not the the whole list like last time when they skipped IDs for some strange reason
  2. Ship directly via DHL air freight to Germany as AMS had some clear problems
  3. Include all the documentation the customs asked from the previous shipment
  4. Create a sticker post that clearly showcases: Destination warehouse of the freight from China to Europe + Chosen carrier (DHL?) + Chosen carrier for last mile shipment (DHL or local post?)

All the best from Finland with the next round of shipment!

2 Likes

Eagerly waiting for shipping details to India.

After next batch we still follow the backer orders

Backer number order or number of backers order?
I’m 1107. Can I expect in this batch?
Saudi Arabia.

yes that should be the case

You have no clue, do you? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Better to wait when we receive the file from the forwarder

Awesome news! After the above shipments (wed/Thurs) can we be updated how many backers we have actually crossed off post this shipment. (Shipped upto backer Number xyz) That will be great!

So you’ve made some projectors and you are shipping them to the “forgotten few” in the EU, myself included. When should I see tracking details hitting my inbox?

Backer number alone will never dictate the shipping priority. They’ll have to choose countries/regions and then within that country or region they’ll go by the backer order.
If there are let’s say 321 backers in country A, they’ll prepare a shipment of 321 to go to that country. In that list, there might be backers who backed in August but also those who backed up to last week potentially. That could mean that someone with a higher backer number gets theirs before someone else with a low(er) backer number in a different region.

In a world where we had Star Trek - like transporters each backer would receive their perk only following their backing order, but unfortunately we’re not there yet.

2 Likes

Hi @Philips_Support_N, Contributor nº3449 from Switzerland. Among the “forgotten ones”, do you include Swiss contributors?
I know you don’t give expectations based on contribution number but following the issues with prior shipment to Europe, I would like some clarification on this… should I expect to be among the “forgotten” or should I wait till April…?
I know some other contributors from Switzerland are questioning timing of shipment to our country.
Thank you in advance for your help!

Hello Nono ,

Backer 3479 on the road to London ?

Best

H

Quick reply to your long insulting comment!

1. The 700 were ready an was not clear!
  2. My question was quick and straight forward unlike yours which was long and in wrong direction
  3. You probably have no clue about production and businesses! Companies and especially the well established ones have production plans and strategies plus experience in process of design, production, packaging and shipping. Usually they have pre calculated common events (workers illness, faulty materials, errors in actual production etc) and they know how to efficiently address them and keep their lead times within the plan! So your IKEA example and that workers need 2-3 weeks to establish workflow are inaccurate.
  4. Coronavirus outbreak was indeed an unforeseen event that changed the plans, therefore production could and probably is affected after that. So Philips probably has revised the plans accordingly and they should inform us if they can produce 500-1000 per day as initially planned or not!

So please do not insult others with such replies!

Mr. Armandos, my deepest apologies if you felt that way, I had no intention to insult you.

Your third remark would make sense if this wasn’t a crowdfunded campaign. You’re right about well established companies such as Philips; they have years of experience designing, producing, packaging and shipping products from 1 country to another.

BUT, this whole procedure for the Picopix Max is managed by Screeneo not Philips; they are learning and improving their procedures through trial and error. For Europe, they first had to test shipping regarding customs/import fees and such (e.g. they sent units to 10 backers in France back in Dec/early Jan). This was followed by a large batch to a German warehouse to avoid aforementioned customs fees and distributed further locally. Unfortunately, a mistake in the Excel sheet happened in the exchange, allowing European backers with a higher ID to receive theirs much earlier than a few unfortunate ones (including me). After that, Chinese New Year and COVID-19 happened, causing another 3-4 weeks delay. And now here we are, in March, when I will hopefully receive my PicoPix Max in a week or 2.

I indeed don’t know much about production and businesses, but I sure can tell the difference between a well established business as you have described in your post and a crowdfunded campaign. No need to explain the details to me, as my simple IKEA example was just to give you an idea. Just make sure to lower your expectations a bit and you’ll be much happier! Been there, done that :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I do understand about the difference between Philips and Screeneo but I believed Philips is guiding through the process. Anyway, I am not in a hurry as I know that any new production might face several issues that need to be handled. Crowdfunding always have delays due to implementation challenges.

However, the question is if they have the full capacity at production (due to the Coronavirus outbreak) and what is their daily production ratio now.

And just to be clear I am not trying to find out an exact date of receiving my perk as I am a backer and not a shopper as we all are in this project. I just try to figure out how and when the project will be completed!

I wish you to get your PPM soon. Enjoy your day !

3 Likes

NEWS:
1: still 100 pieces to pack, we should be able to ship tomorrow 1,480 pieces!
2: Factory 1: around 500 pieces + Factory 2: 1000 pieces news pieces will be ready this Sunday for inspection

WechatIMG165

19 Likes

Way to go Philips! :smiley:
Hopefully the production goes well and the health issue as well. :innocent:

Just to be clear, the 1480 pieces are for EU/replacement and AU/NZ backers right?

2 Likes

this batch and next batch can anyone calculate acutal highest backer number per region ?