General info about shipment and manufacturing

Love it :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

What chance is there to get a rough shipping estimate for backer 16XXX in the US?

So they are versed in all the aspects thereof, from the individual shipments to the tracking to the customs to the support and aftersales to the returns.

Screeneo is not versed in these aspects. Even for Philips this was a first, has anyone ever seen another Philips campaign on any crowdfunding platform? Or anything from companies like Sony, Apple, Samsung, just to name a few?

I personally find it a bold attempt to try to reach those in the public who would be interested in helping define such a product, to get their input and feedback. All the other tech giants would just make the stuff and sell it a full cost to the consumers. No input whatsoever, no discounts until months to years later.

hi!
let me explain
1: You can purchase Philips Health devices ONLY on our official Philips Website. Delivered by Philips warehouses
2: there is a link for each other devices (sound, monitors, projectors, TV) to purchase BUT, those links are automatic and goes to find where you can buy it around you. This is just a link

3 Likes

Well
guess I will come to know
simultaneously have backed nebula cosmos max too.they are a little late but will b despatching soon.lets c

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_T

As you cancel my contribution 14091 on 15 april and till now refunded amount did not appear in my card

So i did not get the projector or my money

Could you update status please

Ok so what now ? Im from israel and i bought the secret perk with the free shipping. Do you have a solution for this ? What are you gonna do ? Please give us some information!

Clarifying question: When it will be out of pipeline? When solution for US will be found?

No one can give you that answer yet. They’re making the units. They’re looking for solutions to cover the extremely sky-rocketed costs involved in shipping to some countries at the moment. But until they actually do make the unit that’s gonna come your way, and have found a financially viable way to ship it to you, even they can’t tell you when you’ll get it. Not exactly, not ballpark.

When they used to give estimates that were subsequently not met due to all sorts of reasons, they were called liars and cheats.
So they stopped giving estimates but rather just telling us what they’ve actually achieved. Yet many backers continue to badger them into giving them estimates, just so that if and when they’re not exactly met again, they can then call them cheaters and liars yet again.

It’s the same thing with tracking numbers: they give them as soon as they get them, and people complain about the tracking not working, even though they’re told both by Philips and DHL that tracking can take a while before it starts working. Yet others complain that if it’s not gonna work right away, why give it so early at all?

Yes you set expectations based on the advertising and how the campaign was ran. I believe they did also, based on the world situation at the time. They probably calculated to have finished the whole production run by end of February, or March tops. Then the Covid19 outbreak happened, and our world changed forever. They have to deal with that new reality as best as they can, and have had to change their expectations, as we all have had to. But apparently some people seem to be struggling with adapting to these new realities, and to changing their expectations accordingly.

3 Likes

To be honest Ivo they’ve advertised that we will get the unit before December. There was a major fuckup and they have not apologised or rectified it. What the backers get is some halfarsed none described excuse. Granted that Covid19 happened but that was well after the promised shipping date. So as much as I hate seeing the continuous comments I about when the backers get their product, Screeneo literally couldn’t care less, otherwise they would reply like you do. But as I said they don’t care.

3 Likes
  1. They are looking for solutions. One would be to just wait for the prices to drop again. Or to find a different carrier that’s less expensive.
  2. Keep looking until they find a solution that doesn’t end up costing them almost as much as they got from the sale of the unit to you.
  3. They did, many times, informing you that there were issues, what the issues were, giving screenshots even, and telling you they’re on it. Once they’ve figured it out, they’ll let you know, with a post here or by sending you a tracking number.

The interesting thing for me is that it was only at this time that their communications actually started to be honest, timely and realistic.
So I’m much more relaxed because I know things are tremendously difficult now, but I’m getting good feedback on progress.
I don’t want them bankrupting themselves to deliver quickly - I’d rather wait until prices come down.

3 Likes

But Martin, isn’t that (unexpected delays) par for course when it comes to crowdfunded campaigns by a company that’s new to crowdfunded campaigns? They had to figure out how to communicate and collect pledges (Indiegogo), keep track of everybody’s addresses and collect VAT and so on (Backerkit), find ways to ship to minimize costs to them and the backers (eg. tax and import wise), even having to do some trial runs to figure out this part. Their support personnel had to be trained for this device and dealing with crowdfunding issues (like refunds due to change of heart).
Not to mention that probably like many other products this one also had childhood problems in the first production runs, just as we’ve recently seen after they started up a second factory to solve the backlog that had been created. Only difference being that you wouldn’t have known about any of these issues if it hadn’t been a crowdfunded product.

So yes, the campaign did not meet its intended start of deliveries date, nor subsequent dates. Perhaps even their prediction methods were not up to par with a crowdfunding campaign, or were marred by other internal issues with suppliers, laws, and God knows what else they’re not even telling us. And they may be withholding information, but that’s probably as they’re internal affairs where even our pledges don’t grant us the right to be in the loop of. Information that could cost them their position, jobs, contracts, or future if it were to come out. Why do you think companies like Philips don’t usually do crowdfunding? It’s so their dirty laundry doesn’t have to be aired, we usually get to see the washed and dried results only.

And being completely honest with you, because I backed this campaign knowing full well that delays are par for course with crowdfunded campaigns, I didn’t even follow all the Facebook groups or even campaign updates until January this year. So to be honest I do not know which mayor screwup you’re referring to or whether there was an apology or excuse given. If you can enlighten me on that, publicly or privately, I’ll be very interested to hear about it.

Like I said elsewhere, I’m merely a backer, not working for a company with boards, bosses, laws and lawyers, and company policies to hold me back from speaking my mind. Elon Musk for instance says something on Twitter and Tesla stock takes a dive, or he gets sued over his words.

Screeneo / PhilipsNono would gladly share with us what’s really going on a lot of the time I think, if it wouldn’t have repercussions on themselves or their company, their income. But even when they do, they get attacked, either because they seem to be lying, or because the answer given is not to some’s satisfaction, or sometimes simply because of their lack of eloquence in wording their replies. So being humans also, I can understand that at a certain point, faced with adversity from all sides, including taking heat from the very people who called themselves your “backers”, a person would just say “You know what? I’m gonna just shut up and do what needs to be done to get this over with”.

Which is then called carelessness.

3 Likes

I hope your retailers dont get the units faster than your indiegogo backers.
Huge bummer for the people to wait even longer if part of the production is reserved for the retailers.

3 Likes

A week ago Philips sent me a tracking number but it’s invalid. What do I do ?

@Philips_Support_T @Philips_Support_N

Can i get reply on my inquiries i send Emails but never get reply

You can start by having a look in this very thread, a few posts up:

So please be patient just a bit longer.

1 Like

Again I really appreciate your reply Ivo. But going by the premise why most of us pledged towards this project it is rather disappointing that a company which didn’t start up just last year has such an awful communication problem. Nor have had any infrastructure set up to speak off.
I think that is why a lot of the backers including me are upset.
Attached are some screenshots from 2016.

5 Likes

Takes a few days to a week

1 Like

The DHL website just gave me some information. And it’s amazing - Phillips sent the projector to the wrong address, TWICE! I don’t live in Wilmington since December when I changed my address on backerkit. It must be some kind of a joke

1 Like