General info about shipment and manufacturing

Guys from screeneo already say that anything sent to Philips (including CEO) regarding PicoPic Max is forwarded to them, so this just wastes time of more people.

2 Likes
2 Likes

That might be true. But the guys from Screeneo did also say that they shipped my replacement unit “next week” on the 19th of March and it’s still not here.

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_N Still no update on the EU batch tracking since 10th April. Its now been 17 days since shipped…I have literally had an item from China delivered yesterday which was shipped 4 days after the Picopix. I know you said it should be cleared by tomorrow but can you please chase the forwarder again today as it doesn’t quite add up and I dont have faith the forwarder will have it moving tomorrow. Thank you.

2 Likes

I don’t think a branding-relationship between two companies goes like this:
Screeneo: “Hey Philips, can we use your Brand?”
Philips: “k.”
Screeneo: “Great, talk to you in 20 years!”

I’m 100% sure that Screeneo reports regularly to Philips and Philips is aware of the problems Screeneo is facing. Also 100% sure that Screeneo reports about solutions they are working on and if Philips doesn’t like that, they will tell them. There’s no way a backer knows more about problems a company is facing than the company itself.
I also just don’t believe Screeneo is delaying the shipments on purpose because they are evil and don’t want you to enjoy your life. There’s no reason they should that. They are doing the best they can and they certainly do mistakes sometimes like everybody does. But being dramatic about getting a crowdfunded product late is something I don’t understand. And a negative article by tech-journalists will maybe deal damage to the sales of the product later on, but it won’t make shipping faster. But that’s just my opinion.

3 Likes

Hi @sim7. Welcome to the forum. Interesting views for sure. Thought I would add an actual quote from to confirm at least part of what you have opined on at least as far as the arrangement with the Indian licensee goes.

"How do you ensure that your partners abide by the principles and guidelines set in the brand licensing agreement. There are numerous instances with other companies where licensor and licensee do not see eye to eye on a number of issues. Your views.

It all boils down to how you execute the agreement. At PE, for instance, there is something called the brand committee, where I represent Philips and Neeraj (Sethi, CEO of PE Electronics) represents the local partner. It is at the brand committee that the architecture, design, marketing of products are decided and it is then the responsibility of the local team to execute it. Of course, we help them with inputs at every stage and make sure that product development, design and marketing are aligned with our global philosophy. We meet four times a year and have monthly review meetings with our partners. "

5 Likes

Thanks for the link, @Georgeleecc! That’s interesting to read. I think there’s really no way to avoid an intense monitoring by Philips when their brand’s image is at risk.

2 Likes

Indiegogo Contribution ID: 11333
BackerKit: 15587760

Hello

It seems there is a problem with shipping. I received a tracking number the 10th of april, saying “The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically” but since then, nothing moved and the shipment status is still the same… So it seems that you never really sent the parcel.

Can you tell me what is the problem and when can I really expect that you send the package?
Thanks

@IvoGrijt - I think we advise @Philips_Support_N to send an update email advising the reason why it takes so long for the DHL page to get an update - too many people are asking why there is no change in the status of their shipment…

2 Likes

The shipment is in Germany at the moment and “should” be cleared tomorrow.

5 Likes

I can confirm… Backer ID 15585796 and IGG 14060 from ItalY
I’m in the list…

2 Likes

let’s not over-estimate here… Screeneo are not producing that many a day

144*5 = 720 units/week

While I’m slightly irked by the situation and what I have gotten myself into, I have been a more-or-less silent observer. Let’s not spread false information.
Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Olivier and welcome to the forum!

My projector is in the same shipment, so I’ve been following it fairly closely as well. The tracking code we got sent is for the individual projector package that will be shipped from the warehouse in Germany to the backers in Europe. All of these individual packages have been shipped to Europe together in another container, which we don’t have the tracking number for.

We should have some progress soon.

1 Like

I can’t get anybody to do anything Pete. I can’t even get people to read something posted at least 10 times by now in this thread and in the summary thread that appears as a banner on entry to the forum BEFORE they ask the same question again. :pensive:

Philips did their diligence, they shipped, they chased the shipper, they informed us, we keep sharing that info.
Now everyone should in my opinion just wait till end of business tomorrow at least before even thinking of asking Philips to chase after the forwarder or DHL again.

6 Likes

Man this is a really long list of funny excuses !
Since November I read about new stories every week why the beamer can’t be send.

This company should write books, movies or games with such creative minds developing all these stories , but not producing goods!

Seems like all other companies manage to get tons and tons of goods from Asia to Europe, at least the stores are full of electronics here. But a tiny package ( sorry, 1-2k beamers from time to time is a small amount) you don’t find any space to ship them?

If this is really Philips behind this. It is a joke!
If not, I wonder why Philips is not sueing them for using their name.

I must say, slowly in am really angry about how this is all turning out :rage: really really disappointing…

Everyone I know is already laughing about this “beamer order”…

7 Likes

You mean this is a small amount?

These are electronic devices with big batteries, so shipping them in these quantities might not be as easy as ordering 6KG of goods from Shenzhen to Singapore.

5 Likes

What I read here every day is the other way around. An influx of posters finding ever new otherworldly reasons why Screeneo is screwing us over, lying to us, cheating us, all while holding projectors hostage in Germany and selling us fairytales about forwarders in HK who supposedly shipped packages that don’t exist. None of this makes a lick of sense from our or their perspective, but no one stops to ask why, it’s all about the how. Great soap opera in here.

3 Likes

Thank you Tom for your explanations, but it’s been 17 days, and still nothing so far…

Cheers.

Unfortunately, the process seems to be slower this time around.

With any luck we should see some progress soon.

1 Like