General info about shipment and manufacturing

Same here @Tom123

1 Like

Please use the German DHL tracking website:
https://www.logistics.dhl/de-en/home/tracking/tracking-parcel.html

I think we should keep this thread more organized; only respond if you have something unusual and like all the posts you agree with (or applies to you as well). It makes no sense to have all ~1500 backers constantly replying and updating their status about this upcoming shipment.

Here’s a typical procedure of what will happen once they arrive in HK:

1. HK forwarder will ship directly to European warehouse. Philips will receive tracking IDs and update them in our BackerKit. Example DHL status: The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically.
  2. The shipment will travel to the European warehouse (in Germany I believe). This can take up to 10 days.
  3. The shipment arrives at the German customs; might take a day, if not more (like last time). Example DHL status: The shipment has arrived in the destination country/destination area.
  4. The shipment arrives at the warehouse and will be distributed by local DHL couriers. Example DHL status: The shipment is being prepared for delivery in the delivery depot.
  5. The local couriers will head your way. This can take another 2-3 days depending on where you live. Example DHL status: The shipment has been loaded onto the delivery vehicle.

Mind you, this is just an indication and I’ve based this on what happened 2 months ago when they shipped the first batch to Europe. The average time between postage and delivery varies between 13 and 18 days depending on the country of delivery. I really hope people start thinking twice before posting, I advise you to relax for a week and then check what others have reported already, it’ll arrive eventually.

5 Likes

Can we move the EU updates to the EU shipping thread now please?

1 Like

You posted that the rest of us with broken units would receive a pdf today. Nothing showed up today. I see here that others will be receiving tracking numbers tomorrow. I thought those with broken units would be getting theirs first. We have repeatedly heard that our broken units have to be sent back before you will send a replacement. It is really frustrating when what you say and what happens doesn’t match.

2 Likes

The narrative has always been that units will be reserved for replacements from this batch and will only be dispatched to the people who have had their units picked up. It has been confirmed that they will not ship to you until your unit has been picked up.

If you look at the top of the page, it says: * All backers with issues (broken AF…) will have their replacement PicoPix Max shipped first. I reported my broken AF 72 days ago. They keep saying that they will send the pdf to us and have missed the promised days. They have stated that the pickup has started and it hasn’t.

2 Likes

I understand what you are saying still I backed the project before the summer paid al my dues (btw in Holland) early November for a project I should have gotten to put under the Christmas tree and still I am waiting and my adres is locked. I understand that with new product like these there may be delays but come on. I think for Phillips to ease their customers they should directly inform every one of them the status of their waiting list. This general impersonal thread is like throwing the dogs some bones to keep them quiet while you guys enjoy the spills and spoils of our crowdfunding.

1 Like

@imdevu yes they’ve been clear (unreasonably in my opinion) that they won’t deliver replacements until the faulty devices have been collected.
Problem is that they seem unable to schedule a collection. They just keep saying “Details will be sent tomorrow by email”

We have a saying “Tomorrow never comes” and it seems like that’s Philips motto!

tomorrow never comes - Wiktionary

And as always Europe left out. There was already such situation before all over the world backers number 16k are getting their picopix and europe is getting middle finger. Woo hoo!

4 Likes

@kubasienki At least you get the middle finger. Switzerland isn’t even getting that! :smiley:

3 Likes

Fully agree. I have full understanding that they can’t tell specific delivery dates, be it for individual backers or for countries/regions. But why can’t they give us an idea of the planned order? Just to know whether our location (also Switzerland in my case) is planned rather early or late.
I just feel a bit ignored…

3 Likes

@Gizem_Goezmen There are so many jokes there, but I’m not gonna make them! :rofl:

It would be nice to have a planning indeed, so that even if your country or group is dead last, at least you can get a sense of when to check back.

3 Likes

I would completely agree. If they had the reverse logistics sorted, they could have insisted on the dispatch after pickup clause. But with the issues backers are facing extending some goodwill would not have mattered.
But I do also understand that once you know your replacement is already shipped, sending back the faulty product will become the last priority for most.They are being cautious but they should streamline the process soon.

2 Likes

Why? They haven’t been shipped yet.

hi there. Are the tracking numbers ready yet? Can’t see any change at backerkit accounts about a shipment which meant to be done yesterday? backer id #3898 UK - Caner Turkel

They were sent to HKK delivery center yesterday. Tracking numbers should come in soon.

Would you please read what has been said previously here on the forum? They have already said that they won’t answer individual requests for shipping dates, and that they will keep us all posted as new shipments are made. I think this is entirely understandable and reasonable. I would much rather see that they direct their energy to actually getting the products manufactured and shipped instead of trying to give individual estimates that will probably be wrong anyway as the current situation makes it incredibly hard to foresee how long things will take.

3 Likes

Max at the airport!'They are being sticked with the DHL stickers

12 Likes

How many per box/pallet are those?

@Philips_Support_N does this mean we get the tracking codes in Backerkit today? Thanks for the update

1 Like