General info about shipment and manufacturing

seems nothing as been really shipped the 18th as of today as they just generated electronic shipping numbers … @Sts79 that’s what DHL told me on the phone when I’ve called them to ask what’s going on why my shipment …

Any news about the shipping status of the third batch from list 3

To all Moderators, please don’t hide Xinity’s posts, as long as there is no obscene language or hate, racist or sexist comments.

As I already wrote, I understand your frustration and mistrust. We have made our fair share of mistakes, and we are doing our best now to get product to all of you and resolve any issues that pop up.

If you look back to older posts, you will see that Ivo has already explained the shipping process a few times in the past. So it isn’t really anything new.

4 Likes

Vin, we are not only waiting on confirmation for the Russian and Brazilian shipments, but pretty much everything. We have had zero response from our forwarder in the last 5 days.

2 Likes

Yet you simply hand them a container with devices worth of $ 500,000 without any way to track either the container nor the individual packages. Interesting…

7 Likes

Thanks Steve, waiting for an update then. But I don’t like your forwarder now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Steve!

Could you guys please also check the status for Mexico?

My package has been in “shipment on hold” status for the past 2 weeks in Hong Kong.

Thank you!

1 Like

@IvoGrijt how come in Indiegogo the status went from «locked » back to « contribution placed »
I am now able to change my address (I don’t want or need to) whereas for months it was locked… seems odd now that I am in this batch (IG# 18952)

1 Like

Hello,

How can you be so unprofessional? This is getting ridiculous, you haven’t replied ANY of my emails. You have sent the wrong delivery address to DHL, you NEED TO CORRECT IT as I told you back in MARCH that I DO NOT LIVE THERE ANYMORE!

What are you going to do about it?

1 Like

Yes, normally Mexico is OK, but we will check up.

indiegogo nr 17638, I haven’t heard from DHL or any other shipment company yet, UK?
I am on list 3.
M

1 Like

Steve et all, we never hide posts when there’s no obscene language or hate, racist or sexist comments. Even the most critical backers are sometimes flagged by other users and we still allow the posts to stand as long as they don’t break forum rules and guidelines.

I flagged the posts because of foul language, and this was ratified by another moderator. The user is notified of this and has the option to edit his post so that it will be allowed to be seen again. If they choose to not edit their post then it will stay hidden.

@Arthur_Belair: I’ll look into this for you. If you need to change your address let us know, as Backerkit is not the only place it needs to be updated unfortunately.

3 Likes

foul language ? I’ve just said what most of us thinks quietly nothing else.

I’ve used as explanation what have been said by admins / moderator way long ago and nothing else.

There’s no foul language when you ask for real informations.

Anyway you did what you though was right and obviously seems it wasn’t :slight_smile:

I won’t change my mind, I’m feeling misguided and misused like to many of us do whatever you want , you won’t change the facts and reality of this crowdfunded project.

It’s a huge success looking at the money funded, It’s an abysal loose looking at what this project became.

for a brand of that name , that big, well you know what I and many of us thinks.

4 Likes

Sorry, but please don’t use WE unless you are asked to by the majority (or everyone) here. I’m not part of these “WE” so please correct your post with some other sort of sentence…thanks :blush:

3 Likes

We are giving you real information but you’re not accepting it.

If you want to read my stance on this all, just search for posts by me with the word skills in it.

my bad :slight_smile: will fix :slight_smile:

2 Likes

you said previously to a post I’ve send:

Blockquote
as soon as the flight has left and Philipsnono has had the time to upload the tracking labels into Backerkit, yes. Tomorrow is a weekend so it may take longer.

I got my tracking number the 18th instead of the 13th initially announced, IF the flight has left (because I’ve received the tracking number), how come DHL a week later still haven’t received the shipment ?

I’m buying like a s load of product from china and all over the world and it’s the first I’m having a tracking number without any new informations week after i got it (even a computer company i won’t spoke about does a better job).

end of discussion,
i will one day received the outdated product i was so freaking happy to crowdfund close to a year ago and will feel like a idiot because by that time other company will mostly offer a better product with close to the same price :frowning: trust me , i know what I’m talking about

2 Likes

You’re having some individual items shipped, not a few pallets full of individually packed and labeled boxes with devices with large batteries in them.
When these pallets arrive in EU, depending on where the flight was to (last few times it was to Belgium), they have to be cleared by customs, either where it landed or in Germany before being released to DHL. This can take some time due to prioritization of medical supplies over other goods. Prior or after this they’ll have to be transported to Germany to DHL, who have to unpack the pallets and start scanning. This can also take a while to even start as DHL is also prioritizing the same way. When they finally scan your package it will show up on the tracking.

1 Like

You’re having some individual items shipped, not a few pallets full of individually packed and labeled boxes with devices with large batteries in them.

—> you really think a product company will ship only for me ? it’s even worth as my product most of the times lives during the shipment in the Same boxes of thousands of others all specifically packed and labeled , come on please …

When these pallets arrive in EU, depending on where the flight was to (last few times it was to Belgium), they have to be cleared by customs, either where it landed or in Germany before being released to DHL. This can take some time due to prioritization of medical supplies over other goods. Prior or after this they’ll have to be transported to Germany to DHL, who have to unpack the pallets and start scanning. This can also take a while to even start as DHL is also prioritizing the same way. When they finally scan your package it will show up on the tracking.

—> prioritizing doesn’t allow them to leave those boxes at the arrival without scanning and as someone said earlier in our case for each boxes philips/screeneo/… HAVE a master tracking number which allows them to know exactly where the boxes are.

working for decades with DHL and UPS when they say :”we haven’t received your shipment” , I know that the truth…

How could i know ? because i bought a mac just before the pandemic, and Apple not to mention Told me exactly my shipment was stuck exactly where and why and gave me a clear overview of the delay … and I’ve Never asked them about, they just send me the information …

I think that’s exactly what a lot of people are asking here, and if no clear answer is given then this might tells us that there is something fishy and this is clearly not because of the pandemic no way !

1 Like

Both Steve and I did explain exactly that: DHL does NOT have the packages until they are delivered to them by the forwarder or their EU counterpart! We’ve been clear about this for a long time.

How much clearer than this do you want us to be:

Here Steve is even opening up on something that’s internal to our processes, to be open and honest about this to you all. You talk about master tracking number and such: WE do not have those! The forwarder probably does (or at least should), but we don’t know until they tell us. And believe me, we’ve been asking plenty!

And to claim that the pandemic has nothing to do with it is not correct at all: there is less cargo capacity but more demand due to medical supplies being shipped, and where do most of our stuff come from these days: the same places our forwarder ships from. So they’re not just handling our projectors, but probably many other shipments as well. The added time between start of the campaign and finally shipping and the various lock downs all over the world means that they are extra busy with people who need addresses changed due to being locked down, or offices that aren’t open, or complete country changes. Not just for us, but for other clients as well. So that also slows down such a company, who perhaps in a former time would’ve been stellar in their shipping and communication but now are just swamped and working overtime. I often see mails and communications from and to them at times when I know it’s not office hours in Hong Kong.

(in fact, I’ve even had to work through the night or wake up at 2AM a few times myself already just to be able to productively get in touch with them to sort out all sorts of things for you guys)

These guys are probably also working their behinds off trying to keep up with stuff that wouldn’t even be an issue outside of this Covid pandemic.

Apple was able to tell you where your item was at all times because they shipped from a local(ish) warehouse, using one shipper. Our use of a forwarder added extra steps that as we explained before, make part of the journey untraceable to us and you. If we don’t have anything to tell or share, how can we?

In conclusion: I understand that the long wait, incomplete and sometimes vague communication, and other non-campaign related stuff like being locked down makes frustrations run high. We are doing all we can to get the units to you guys as soon and as safe as possible (one of the reasons some countries were shunned by our forwarder during these times), and we ARE sharing all the information we have with you all, perhaps even more than any other company would. So I would like to ask you to please try to find it in you to believe that what we share is what we know to be the truth at any given moment, and that there’s no malice or willful deception or misuse going on here.

And to be patient just a little bit longer.

6 Likes