General info about shipment and manufacturing

@Philips_Support_N Exciting stuff! :smiley:

2 Likes

Have there been any shipments to Australia yet? My backer number was in the low 1000s and have received no updates. Conscious it is hard to commit timelines - keen to ensure I am not forgotten and where in the order of things Australia will be all going to planā€¦

1 Like

Not yet, first we have the Replacement backers and forgotten backers for EU (according to @Philips_Support_N there are around 100 people), and then it will be AUZ/NZ turn. they havnt shipped anything out yet. around 500 are going through QC on 6/3 and 1100 on 9/3. after QC then package and ship.

NOW they have the 700 ready and just needed to be packed and shipped. and im not sure about the status of these 700 ppms. they will send a message out as soon as the first shipment is shipped

1 Like

Ha ha think ill do that @Sandgroper :rofl:

being one of that 50 I am just looking forward to receiving the shipping confirmation. Will the update be through backerkit? backerid 3898 - UK

Calm down, snowflake, you are kinda reaching to say that is either aggressive or threatening.

I backed in about August last year - so six months ago, on a two month estimate. Sure, itā€™s a crowdfunder for a toy so itā€™s not exactly the end of the world. I guess my issue is that my order was overlooked due to a mistake so it shouldnā€™t be too hard to pin some dates on when my kit will be shipped. Given the situation out there the lives and the well-being of the factory workers are far more important than my projector so if the estimated date is September 2021 I can totally deal with that so long as I can bank on that date being delivered; itā€™s the lack of clear comms that is irritating me. As for the comments about rushing it given that some crap slipped past QC I would rather they shipped my product right first time than rushed it and I then have to get a replacement down the line.

2 Likes

Hey why donā€™t you keep your opinion to yourself. Like you want him to keep his to himself

2 Likes

Youā€™re right. I zoomed in for a closer look and the tripod thread still isnā€™t flush with the base. Itā€™s gonna need a spacer ring stuck on. Thatā€™s $2 from the supermarket so no big deal.

1 Like

Is that your opinion?

If heā€™s pissed off, why cant he express it? This forum is for feedback as much as anything else.

2 Likes

Iā€™m surprised there isnt an estimated shipping date yet for replacement units, forgotten EU backers etc considering the factories have already produced approx 500 units and 700 from before the Chinese new year.

Surley to avoid all the issues they had with shipping last time, everything should be prepared and ready to go for when the units passed QC, in which case the dates would be known?

Like everyone else, Iā€™m not worried about when it arrives as we want a quality product , but an estimated timeline for these things would brilliant for everyone!

My assumption is It still requires QC which could take a while as factory workers are limited and assembling. They then also need to be packaged, which again may take workers off the assembly line.

Also if they give dates after all the issues and someone god for bid shows signs of being sick (knock on wood) and plans change everyone would be up in arms because of a delay. Itā€™s better not to list shipping details till the devices are on their way.

3 Likes

Wish we could ā€¦

Please everybody.

You can share your opinions and feelings, but stay civil and respectful.

Thanks.

no news today @Philips_Support_N?

3 Likes

Is it just me or the answers we do get from @Philips_Support_N about when to expect our orders, are quite vague, with no real useful info? These were the answers for my query about getting a tracking number for my order that was sent back to sender nearly a month ago, because of defective packagingā€¦

PhilipsNono 29 days ago
Hello,
We will check with DHL as we are not in charge of the shipping. We will keep you posted.

PhilipsNono 25 days ago
We are on it as our forwarder in China is now going back to work

PhilipsNono 21 days ago
Hello, We are on it and we will keep you posted

PhilipsNono 10 days ago
Hello,
You product came back from DHL with a defective packaging and we need to change it. We will send you a new one

PhilipsNono 4 days ago
Hello, your product has been sent back to HK, this is not our fault but DHL.
Your product is shipping back again tomorrow.
Thanks,

PhilipsNono 4 days ago
Will keep you posted tomorrow

PhilipsNono 23 hours ago
still waiting for DHL. we are pushing them

2 Likes

While quite annoying that things happened like this for you, his answers completely make sense to me. They arenā€™t definitive nor what youā€™d prefer to hear, but not vague in my opinion. Heā€™s apparently also dependent on information and work by others, all the while working on getting all the other stuff sorted out.

I do hope you get yours soon, or at least a definitive tracking number indicating your package is on its way! :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Thanks. I know the vagueness is subjective, but you canā€™t be satisfied with that type for answer for nearly a month, without getting any useful info.

As factories are reopened and communication is better since, could it be possible to have a daily report for reduce all the noise on the forum :

• Number of PPM produced
  • Number of PPM packaged
  • Number of PPM Quality check with success / failure
  • Number of PPM send ( with region and higher ID )
  • Number of PPM remained to be done

With this kind of report during 1 week , we will know if the 10th of april deadline is on good way.

What do think about that forumā€™s members ? What do you think about that Philips staff ?
To be honest we deserve it even if not easy to do

6 Likes

I know, it would drive most people nuts. But I think itā€™s driving the Philips team also nuts, as so many things go wrong that are outside of their control, AND they have the constant requests for information to cater to. If they give answers and promises arenā€™t met, they get heat. If they give answers but try to keep some leeway they are called out for being vague. If they donā€™t give answers at all because they really have no clue where the package went or when things will change, they get heat for it.

These answers, while not definitive, are at least understandable.

Oh and please do not spam the forum with the same message in every single shipping thread, it will get you into trouble with the moderators.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a good idea, it would give transparency, perhaps more than they would want to give though, but at this point I feel itā€™s not unwarranted for backers to ask for this.

1 Like