How long are they going to keep supporting this device?

Hi @Craig_Cr most of our work over the past 6 months has been based on user feedback. What we can improve, we do. Some are limited by technical or business policies. At some point we will reach that limit where not much else can be improved due to situation out of our control. Until then the improvements keep coming. Thanks for your input and please keep it coming. Also Join the beta testers list if you haven’t already.

PS: I have hidden some off topic posts on this thread. Please stay on topic. This also applies to mods. Thanks.

5 Likes

Bloody hell no thanks :rofl:, beta testing software at this early stage is surely for masochists? I’m also probably not technically minded enough other than being able to say that something doesn’t work beyond basic troubleshooting.

I will keep posting though as a basic consumer and stating what I expect. I was and am 100% behind this projector, from when it was 1st shown on indigogo, as it looked like a great solution to having lots of different dongles and cables. I mainly want to use it outdoors when I take the family camping and just having the one little box really appealed. I believe one of the images showed this very scenario. As it is I think it produces a lovely image, but when I can’t even get it to work at home, when I have been at it for 3+hours struggling with it’s software, messing with settings, and looking through this forum, just to try and get it to do the basics of what it’s supposed to do, before giving up and finding a Roku stick, then being told by mods that’s what I should expect of it… no, I expect a lot more. I expect the interface to be effortless, I expect things to just work and if they don’t currently work I expect them to be fixed. It’s supposed to be portable and stand alone, I shouldn’t have to side load, I shouldn’t have to troubleshoot for hours on end. I want some reassurance that this is what Philips are aiming for with this device.

2 Likes

Hi received mine today and set up Netflix and prime etc pretty quickly and works fine!

1 Like