INFO: How to do offline software update?

The first post was updated ~14 hours ago to use a different server. At the same time, it was changed to avoid version numbers in the URL. The filename in the URL looks like this at the moment (but can of course be updated later): PicoPixMax-latest.zip

2 Likes

Guys…you need to beef up the server - or maybe turn it into a torrent - the download speeds are so insanely slow.

Hi @Sandgroper it’s being served from Amazon S3 (Frankfurt region). It will easily saturate most connections up to 0.5 gigabit.

That wasn’t my experience. i have 44mbps on a good day an my download took 7 hours. (The update itself is great btw!)

check your internet connection.

i managed to grab the update in under 20 seconds. gigabit connection here but the download speed never exceed 25Mb/s (1/4 out of my gigabit connection).
it should be more than enough for anyone.

Hi @Philips_Support_P or someone else :slight_smile:

Received PPM today,

Problem with update
Tried twice to install the update 1.1.04 via WiFi downloading : download successful but when I want to install it :
“ERROR : not a valid update package”

Also tried 3times with an USB stick and the file “update.zip” recognized the files but same error

Any answers please ? :slight_smile:

Got my device also today and tried online update with that exact same error. Was able to successfully do the offline update after a reboot using SD card though. 1.1.02 -> 1.1.04.

Please try again, the problem was found and corrected.

I have now 1.1.03 and no problem with it. If I try to update to 1.1.04, and if i got problems with it. Is 1.1.03 still available for download ? And can i downgrade ?

The upgrades are differential, so 1.1.04 will upgrade any version, but trying to downgrade to 1.1.03 will not remove what 1.1.04 changed. So downgrades are only possible by doing an image restore procedure via an USB cable with a factory image of the FW version you want to downgrade to.

But Is 1.1.03 still available for download ?

And USB cable with a factory image of the FW version? How I do that ? You have a guide for it ?`

Hi @Jonaageoppedal, if you encounter any problems with v1.1.04 which require downgrade to v1.1.03, let us or our Support team know. They’ll provide you instructions to downgrade. This should not be required in 99.99% of the cases, a factory reset should solve the issue without downgrading.

Now I have 1.1.03 but I would like to try the new update 1.1.04. But If I’m not happy and want to go back to 1.1.03 what do I do then?

A friend of me say:

Downgrade is possible using a USB male to male, a windows PC and a little bit of technical know how. I tried going back from 1.1.0.3 to 1.0.28 and it worked but you need Philips to share the firmware image with you

How can i Get a guide for this And the firmaware image for 1.1.0.3?

I was the friend that said that. :slight_smile:

Keep in mind though that doing a downgrade in this way will mean you’ll lose all settings and modifications that you had made earlier and will of course need to reinstall and log back into any apps you installed.

@Philips_Support_P @IvoGrijt please make a topic that has all past and future firmware images necessary for cable restores available in one place. Also does this release do anything to improve focus?

Thanks a lot Philips. I can just leave it on 0.3 for a while and wait to see if anyone has issues before updating. if something doesn’t work I’m sure they will in a software patch. Thanks to all for the information

Auto focus is not working on ver 1.1.05, so I want to downgrade to ver 1.1.04, please inform me how to downgrade ?

Request the firmware restore procedure by sending an email to support@screeneo.com

Philips support inform me to use procedure INFO: How to do offline software update?.
I try this procedure, but downgrade can not done.
As the result, v1.1.05 to v1.1.05 same.
Please inform me the procedure of downgrade v1.1.05 to v1.1.04 .

Any New Software Update ?

Ivo mentioned the dev team have moved onto new products, he was checking to see if anything was still happening on the PPM.

1 Like