If you’re having trouble updating the software online, you can try to update it via the offline method. You’ll need a USB stick or SD Card and a computer to download the update file. Here’s how:
- Make sure your USB stick or SD Card has at least 1 GB free space, and is formatted as FAT32.
- Download the update v1.2.1. Latest as of 2020-11-20T00:00:00Z
- Unzip it, you will find a file named update.zip inside a folder. (do not unzip this file!)
- Copy it to the root folder of a USB stick or SD card, and plug it into the PicoPix Max.
- Go to Settings > Software Update > Offline update to start the update.
Remember: do not power off the projector during update. It’s recommended to keep the projector plugged into power during this time.
Reverting to older version
You can download the update v1.1.04. Latest as of 2020-08-10T00:00:00Z. Follow the instructions above but use the older file for step 1, but instead of unzipping the file, simply rename it to update.zip.