It's here! - First Impressions and Thoughts

Regarding audio lag for Bluetooth audio devices, could you test again but this time, remove a battery from the AirMote once you have started the movie. Wait a few minutes and see if the audio eventually sync up.

Thanks.

4 Likes

I’m using this Bluetooth keyboard with trackpad. It works great! I don’t even use the AirMote anymore.

2 Likes

Brief update from Spain… I just got mine!!! So excited to update it and start using it. @Philips_Support_N packaging is stunning!!! Congratulations to the team!

imagen
Will share further pictures later in the week

7 Likes

Thanks!

Finland! Finally got it! Thank you @Philips_Support_N, time for unboxing!

5 Likes

Here’s a different kind of unboxing pic from a fellow Finn!

Don’t worry, I didn’t forget to check for the remote!

8 Likes

Nice one! Unboxing by brute force, the Finnish way :wink:

My tracking number shows up as registered in the LostNord app at least, and also the annoying status “recipient at residential address”. That’s partially true even though this is addressed to my company (at the same address). LostNord is one of those companies that isn’t very keen on actually delivering to residential addresses, they just want to drop the parcels off at a pickup point. We’ll see, it still says “deliver to: door”. Whos door is currently not known :slight_smile:

3 Likes

got it yesterday!!!

9 Likes

Nice shot! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yay no. 3!
Got it faster than expected (Poland)! :partying_face:

Just received mine and noticed this on it. Anyone else had this issue?

1 Like

this is a transportation issue. Can you check if the touchpad works? We will need to open a case with DHL. Can you send us an email with pictures of the product and the packaging ? Also, please check if the product is fully functioning.

1 Like

Packing looked in good condition but I’ll email photos.

1 Like

Hi! Would you be so kind to tell me the exact dimensions of the shipping box? In my case, it seems DHL has refused to send the package to a packstation because of the size, so it would be of great help to have this information. Thank you in advance!!!

Sure
22cm x 18cm x 12cm
Weight 2.04kg as written on the box

2 Likes

Hi, maybe they said the reason is size because it’s the only reason their system allows to inform. But from my experience they often refuse to use packstation due to battery. And they won’t put there anything that has more than four AA batteries capacity (I’m not sure but it looks like it)

1 Like

Hi @Philips_Support_N, I emailed pictures as requested and got this reply wishing me a great experience when I have received a product that has a major visual flaw to the product?

sorry about this ahah, I just sent it back to the chief of Support

3 Likes

Today I finally got my device - I got the tracking number on April 10, so it took a bit over 3 weeks for it to arrive after that.

Initial thoughts:

• lost a bit of time trying to do online software update before I read on the forum that the update server is down
  • had to copy the update.zip twice because first time around I had formatted the USB drive to ExFAT instead of the required FAT(32). This would have been useful information to have in the offline update instructions
  • after the update was installed (progress bar had completed), the projector picture went away but the projector fan was still running on low speed. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to turn it on, if it was stuck or the update was just taking a very long time. I gave it some 10-15 minutes before I have up and pressed the power button and it turned on and everything seems fine
  • I’ve just taken it for a test drive with my 4-year-old watching some cartoons I’m quite impressed by the auto-focus and the corner correction
  • The AirMote operation feels a bit clunky, it doesn’t feel that well-integrated into the operating system - scrolling is unintuitive and it’s sometimes a bit hard to understand whether you need to double-click somewhere. But it works well enough and certainly on par with many smart TV remotes out there
  • So far the overall quality feels nice - the software after the update) is quite polished but Aptoide and the scary permissions warning you get when you want to install apps is a bit off-putting.
  • The hardware certainly looks and feel very nice but is much heavier than I expected.

Anyway, great product so far and thanks to the entire team that I’m sure have worked very hard to get this product into the hands of backers and customers!

(

4 Likes

Got mine today, UK, Backerkit no 77xx.
Well put together package, but bit deflated really, after so many months wait.
Projector very noisy, not very bright, video playback not smooth, dull colours.
Software update not making a difference. Will give another try but likely sending back.
Might be the high expectations, but definitely not worth the money and the agony of so many months waiting.

2 Likes