It's here! - First Impressions and Thoughts

Hello
had my max for two days now and am happy with it, any issues I can work around with little effort and compared to other Pico projectors I have owned it stands up well.
The only issue I have so far is the fan noise. I use it cieling mounted pluged into power and even on eco mode it’s audable. I can’t really use on the other settings as it’s to loud.
If this issue could be worked on and improved then this would be a really good piece of kit for my needs.

1 Like

Having a play around with the power settings jumping from Eco, knormal and presentation there is a bit of lag in the system switching and the fan speed changing. If you jump into viewing before it catches up the fan speed doesn’t seem to change. Also I have found inconsistent fan noise on the settings, normal ends up loader than presentation. I have to set it on eco then work up the option list to get the correct noise levle if I jump about it all goes out of sink.

1 Like

Have you updated to the latest version of the firmware? They addressed fan noise.

In case you did, please excuse my basic question :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep I did, I think it’s deffinatly an issue between switching through the options and the system not changing accurately. If you wait for it to catch up and do it in order it sort of gets there. I think it just needs a bit of improving in the programming. It could be a bit slicker for the money.

2 Likes

Further to my previous comment It's here! - First Impressions and Thoughts, I just finished watching a 1h 50min movie on Normal mode via HDMI. When the movie started the battery level was at 95% and when it ended, it was at 34%, WOW… really nice. So most probably I’ll be able to get around 3h on Normal if on full battery.

3 Likes

Hey @Vin …I have experienced the same too. Pretty impressed with the PPM.

Hope you got it before your birthday, as you mentioned earlier.

2 Likes

It’s here! I’ve had my fair share of questions, comments and complaints on this forum in the past months, so I thought that it would only be fair enough to share some positivity in the good times!

The projector arrived yesterday and I’m very happy. The set-up was easy with the guides on this forum. The offline update worked very easily.

The UI works nicely, the image quality is good, the keystone correction is convenient as well as the auto-focus. The remote is actually better than expected after reading what everybody had to say about it here and the tripod won’t be used much but it’s also not worthless as some have said here.

We watched an episode of Suits on Netflix and a movie from a USB-A stick. Both experiences were good. For watching movies from a USB stick, I’d recommend using the VLC app. It was much easier to use than the MX app.

We do have to get a proper screen since the texture on our walls is not nice to project on and not so reflective and it might be a bit to bright in Sweden this time of year.

Overall, very happy and the user experience has been good since arrival.

Thanks Philips Projection / Screeneo, @IvoGrijt and other moderators!

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Image quality subjective review

Happy 4th of July to those who celebrate it. :fireworks:

3 Likes

Been using the PPM for 2 weeks now and I’m really happy with it. Most of the times I’m using my MacBook Pro connected USB-C to PPM. Airplay the sound to my Sonos speakers. And I use Plex to play my movies/series. I aint using the internal OS a lot since I find the UI a bit laggy sometimes. Image quality and everything is really good. Right now I’m gonna look into a projector screen and a other tripod.

Search for “El Fuente” on Netflix. This is a test video that will display the bitrate and resolution so you will know when you are getting full HD.

1 Like

Finally arrived in AUS
Works awesome ; brighter than I expected !

But… HDMI-CEC doesn’t work :sob:

mine arrived today as well.
USB C cable is way too short, IR receiver should be bigger or at least have one on the back and one on the front. otherwise, seems like a good device so far. i use it with an Apple tv so i don’t care about Android os and preinstalled apps/UI

Why do you carry about ir receiver? Just pair it as a Bluetooth device:)

indeed but pairing via BT won’t allow me to turn on the projector via BT, i still have to “reach out” to turn it on :disappointed:

1 Like

Ah. Ok. Not a big deal for me but I understand

1 Like

Use a few small but well placed mirrors behind the PPX. Or an IR repeater.

1 Like

or tell Philips to think about this in the next revision. it’s not customer’s job to improve the product he bought.

We already got this suggestion before, which won’t help you however on your current product. I’m trying to give you an option that could work for you.

Also you’re not just a customer, you’re a backer, and part of this community. The mere fact that you give this suggestion means you care about the product and want to improve it, even if in a next revision. So thanks for that! :+1:t4:

3 Likes

@IvoGrijt

Please check the highlighted area after projection.

Is that normal?
U tried many videos, screen but seems like there this area ( marked in screenshot) is not at bright as rest sides…

Any suggestions? Do i raise a ticket for this?
I cleaned the front many times but dont know what the issue is? Physical or software? No idea.
Please someone help.

Fyi i upgraded software to latest

Update: it happens when digital zoom is 100%

If i lower to to 89-92 % digital zoom then that black strip goes out of focus( i guess) …any idea how to fix this?