• Wrong tracking number
  • Sent to wrong address
  • Your country does not allow packages with batteries
  • <insert here>
12 Likes

You forgot Switzerland holiday lol :rofl:

2 Likes
  • Your country is in DHL blocked list
  • Some of the backers in your country didn’t provide enough information for custom clearances, thus the whole batch is still sitting in the warehouse
  • Actually we figured out that your PPM sits in wrong warehouse and is not in Hong Kong yet
  • Wait 2 weeks more before your tracking go live (albeit you don’t have one tracking number yet)
  • < insert here >
4 Likes

Alien invasion :alien:

1 Like

I have a few for you:

• some backers keep spamming the forum taking time from the staff
  • some backers call the company liars and cheats, and the staff has to take time to respond
  • some backers involve Philips board members and even the CEO, meaning the Philips Projection staff has to take time to address them instead of getting the shipments (communication) underway
  • some backers keep pressing for lists announcing when their units will ship instead of waiting for their tracking label
  • some backers get the lists but now demand inclusion of countries, Indiegogo IDs, etc.

Shall I go on? If you’re going to keep score, then by all means be complete.

3 Likes

Sorry IvoG, but you probably did not understand the rigor that the role of moderator imposes on you.

You take responsibility for Philips in your communications when you accuse customers.

If you did not have the necessary retort for this topic you had to close it instead of attacking those who made this project an economic reality. Without the clients (of which you are a part) you would not have been able to have this role.

As a client and even if I do not feel concerned by the criticisms that you make, I ask you kindly to measure your comments in the future.

Thank you.
All lives matter.

1 Like

The points I raised are just as true as the ones raised by the same customers.

So is it okay for them to mock the campaign and hardworking staff but not okay for me to post the same level of truths?

I appreciate your comments and demand that I hold myself to a higher standard. That’s indeed what’s required of me. But like you said, all lives matter, and I’m also human.

1 Like

If a topic like this is made and left up, all’s fair. Don’t expect to insult another human being and get no response, hiding behind your status as a customer. I loved that type working retail! If you want respect you need to give it, no matter who you are, where your are or what the terms of engagement are. If you don’t give it, that’s fair, just don’t expect it given.

2 Likes

You are most likely right, these facts may be accompanied by evidence that you hold, I am sure.

What bothers me is the reserve right that you have to exercise.

Your position allows you to moderate a topic or even banish a user who breaks the rules.

I expect more than a puerile pugilat between dissatisfied customer and moderator who responds, in public.

I’m sure in a few months time we’ll have a great laugh about it. In the meantime:

Like @Liersi said, I could’ve also removed the comments altogether. But when we do that people complain about censorship, so I moved them out of the other thread where they were off-topic.

It’s just that there’s so much going on with this campaign, half of which you will never even know about. And yet we persevere to deliver to you all, then this list just feels like a stab in my back personally.

So if you are keeping score, keep all the score.

For what it’s worth @William, I’ve edited my reply to clarify that I did not mean or refer to ALL backers doing the things I said, but some backers did.

1 Like

I know that this campaign was full of pitfalls, it is the lot of all projects.

There will always be some to stab you in the back, your strength is to stand up, headwind like a flag bearer proud of its colors!

Good luck with the next angry messages you will face.

Cheers

2 Likes

Where were you when the dissatisfied customers attacked the campaign in the manner they did, in public? How come you only take issue with me listing, in the same manner as they did in this thread, some other actions that have caused delays in the whole process?

I guess even my reply to you now will be seen by you as something I should not do, as a moderator I’m not supposed to engage at all according to you?

I often don’t, and keep being my helpful and serving self. But like I said, these comments just feel like a stab in my own back. And I just happened to say Ouch.

We don’t stop lightning, we contain it and it’s your role to contain it.

I consider myself to be an honest customer and I also took the time to share my impressions of this community (My PicoPix Max review)

This thread is now invisible, we can speak freely.
I’m glad to see that you take my message to heart, it means that you are doing your job well.

Have a good day

1 Like

Hey guys
It’s totally unacceptable to call philips names and abuse them.
Healthy complaints are normal and expected and should be made but there should be a line which we should not cross.

Mistakes have been made like changing specs and FAQs and we have had to pay for it so lets not get into all this now .

@IvoGrijt my request is not to keep saying that it’s a crowdfunding and we should not have any expectations …we are all here not for charity but for getting hopefully a great product from a big n reputed company like philips .
Also about customers constantly writing …I assure you people have work to do too but they are all excited and can hardly wait for their products so allow them this.
It was philips first crowdfunding(correct me if I’m wrong ) and many of us here are first time backers and it’s a tough time for all.

Customers never know what all you guys have to go through and how you achieve results but sadly they don’t need to.
It’s a job that has to be done so take the criticism (Do not take abuse ! I stand with philips and you on that )

This wasn’t spamming and you don’t have to respond to it at all.
I’m thanking you and Steve in advance for all the hard work done and you are doing.
Customer service is a tough job !
Now cheer up and smile !

2 Likes

When you want to complain, we listen.
When you want to criticize, we listen.
When you ask questions that have been answered many times before, we repeat our answers.

All good.

But when you mock the information that we give you, that I personally took my time to spell out for you all, by starting

why should I stand by and say nothing? Why should the customer get to mock and attack, just because he paid some money?
All I did was add to his list. If my post is deemed offensive and not worthy, then why is nothing said of the opening post?

We have to stop thinking that because it’s internet and because the Customer is king, said customer is entitled to bash and ridicule. Decency and decorum are things that have to be given and adhered to by all parties, not just by me as a moderator and the rigor that role imposes. And I’ve been decent, not naming names nor calling out anyone specific, just stating facts, just like the other posters have.

At a certain point even the lighting rod has to discharge.

To anyone without a link to it, yes. That keeps webcrawlers and such out, and makes it a discussion only between those involved / interested.
The next step would be to completely hide it, but I personally stand by how I replied, high standard and all.

Guys, I’m always up for productive discussions, but this thread is to say the least - counter-productive, and to be honest, inappropriate and insulting to people working behind the Philips brand on this campaign.

2 Likes

Agreed, it was never my intention to insult anyone, it was intended as a fun comment. Please treat it as such, and let’s move on. Thanks. (perhaps it was a bit too soon / sensitive to make these kind of jokes, for which I’m sorry)

3 Likes