Logitech Harmony remote

Hi Nono,

I was able to find the PPX620 / PicoPix Max :+1:t2:

Just missing the Auto-Focus Button :thinking:

Yes we are waiting to test it and also get your feedbacks so we can ask Logitech to add more features

1 Like

I am planning to get one logitech harmony device. I never use this before, can anyone suggest which model should i buy?

there are so many options, all the devices below support ppm?
https://www.logitech.com/en-us/harmony-universal-remotes

I hope to control devices including apple tv, sony soundbar, ppm.

1 Like

Hey @Philips_Support_N, feedback time: integration works well on my Harmony Hub. The mapping it gave me is missing the focus button (already mentioned) and the back button. Impossible to navigate without the latter. Power on works, power off doesn’t so far, but I’m not done playing with that. Could just be a question of finding the right setting.

One request/suggestion: currently, Harmony seems to be communicating via IR. That’s necessary for the power switch, but everything else is bogged down by the delay (and potentially the directionality of IR). Navigating the PPM with it feels like walking through mud. Would it be possible to integrate a pairing as a Harmony keyboard (BT)? Other smart devices do this (AppleTV, ShieldTV, the PS4) and it works brilliantly. Exposes all keyboard commands to Harmony, and is snappy and independent of line of sight.

4 Likes

Hi,

I am trying to pair the PPM and my Harmony but it is not working. After adding the device to my harmony, the switch are not responding. PPM is up to date and so is my harmony remote and hub.

Am I missing something ?

Yes we are working with Logitech to get deeper integration. This is the first step.

3 Likes

Well this explains a lot. I have some diodes coming tomorrow and I have a boatload of ESP8266 modules here, time to make a ir<->wifi repeater…

1 Like

For anybody interested, while I wait for my receivers to arrive I found one that was a “dongle” of some device, I figured out the pinout, hooked up the scope to confirm it works and then used a micro to decode. Note that when the remote is actively connected via bluetooth to the projector, it does not send IR, only bluetooth.

It uses the NEC protocol.

(https://techdocs.altium.com/display/FPGA/NEC+Infrared+Transmission+Protocol)

And the following are the codes that the remote transmits:

Button Full Code Command
Power 40BF48B7 48
Up 40BFF807 F8
Down 40BF827D 82
Left 40BFF00F F0
Right 40BF906F 90
OK 40BF22DD 22
Back 40BF0AF5 0A
Burger 40BFC837 C8
Home 40BF40BF 40
Volume- 40BF609F 60
Volume+ 40BF00FF 00
Focus 40BFC03F C0

The address of the device is 40 and I’ve just separated out the actual command code from the full code, which is in the following format:

AAVVCCNN

AA = Address
VV = Logical NOT of address (i.e bits inverted)
CC = Command
NN = Logical NOT of command

The reason for the inverted copies is for error detection, the following statement must be true for the code to be valid AA XOR VV==0 AND CC XOR NN==0

9 Likes

Very excited to add Philips Picopix Max to my Harmony Hub and sucessfully Power On!

Sadly, it doesn’t seem to be able to Power Off.

Can someone advise me if I need to change delay settings to make it work

OK, think I’ve fixed the Power Off issue. Try this in the Harmony App…

Devices > Edit Devices > Philips Projector > Power Settings > Turn off when not in use > Using single button > Add a step > Power Toggle > Duration 2s - done

2 Likes

Now all I need is a mute function, so the sound isn’t coming out the sound system and projector.

Tried to add a series of 8x volume down at the end of ON sequence but it’s not working

2 Likes

Perhaps you need to build in a delay, I’ve noticed that for a few seconds after startup, the system does not respond to any remote presses at all.

That could be it. I’ve noticed a couple of them take on a few occaisions

Hi, can anyone please tell me if -by now - the Logitec Harmony Companion is fully compatible with the Picopix Max? (also focus, maybe airmote, play/pause ?)

hello ! I’m new to the forum and I look forward to seeing your post. i have a harmony hub and i would like to connect my philips ppx620. Today I have a bluetooth dongle with an air mouse … if I understood your message correctly, you bought a bluetooth dongle and you entered orders? Could you give me the dongle reference? thank you !! see you soon