Loving my PPM (share your stories & pics)

Have you tried installing the Zwift app directly on the PPM?

Cool uses there BTW :smiley:

I haven’t tried it as PPM is not listed as compatible device for Zwift. :grin:

I started loving the PPM, now i almost hate it :frowning:
i was waiting a wonderfull object and after a while it arrived at home, so excited! I was using it every day, but after 6 months of, software problems, useless or almost useless firmware update, i’m tired.
the OS look like a chinese tablet software, a lot of apps simply doesn’work; some really important apps with quality issues or compatibility problems (i mean, netflix, amazon, kodi, youtube, arte and much, much others) lack of image quality always from OS, no color ajustement from day one we are still waiting for…I means backing is ended from a while but you cannot buy it on retail or on internet, i don’think we will see this projector in stores or on amazon, what this mean in your opinion?
Is true usually on the net you see a lot of negative comments and much less positives but I was positive, i tryed with all myself to be positive, but i lost.

I’ve been using it in the garden with my children watching some short animation movies from either internal storage or our local tv streaming app. As a projector, I’m really happy with it, apart from the geeky App Store, and some poor apps.
Will be watching some more this weekend with our neighbours and their children now that the social gathering restrictions have been eased slightly.

3 Likes

This is the best tech purchase I’ve made in a long time. For some people this will have a short term appeal, gimmicky nice to show off kind of use case. Hey neighbour, look at me, I’ve moved my TV outside on the side of my house.

For me, I am a farmer on 100Ha, in a climatic zone where is only rains 2 months of the year. We will be using this thing ALL the time for Movie night on the farm in mini Drive Ins.

On the flip side, I also travel extensively presenting all over the world and I am so so sick of unreliable AV equipment taking up the first 15mins of every meeting troubleshooting bloody laptops and projectors.

So for me, this is awesome. All the hate for this projector is from people expecting a 4K device with 6000lumens, the power of a NVIDIA shield and the battery power equivalent to a tractor battery… All in your pocket.

Each to their own, but for me. I Love it!

15 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: I’m unhappy and I know it and now you know it too

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: After 6 months, sadly negative impressions

Got my PPM today in London, UK ! Compared it to my housemate’s Optoma Pico Projector priced at around £450 and PPM is so much better. Really happy with the quality and convenience it offers. Set it up with NordVPN and Popcorn time :wink: , and it’s time movie time !!!

8 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: It’s here! - First Impressions and Thoughts

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Working Apps List discussion, feeds the Working Apps List

6 Likes

Is this a book on top of the PPM to protect it from the rain?! :rofl:

6 Likes

Brilliant idea for the next ppm, at least IP65 protection dust rain and shock proof what’s needed for an on the go pico projector

3 Likes

Was a dvd case worked perfectly lol

2 Likes

We had a lan party instead of a housewarming party at a friend of mine. Even though the wall has a darker greyish paint, it was a pretty fun night. And there was no screen lag at all💪 so ppm did a great job.

5 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

this still working for you? Just started using Zwift.

The PPM is my first projector, and now having had it over the summer, I must admit that I really love my little portable cinema! :slight_smile: Was worried how the picture quality would be, since I don’t have any screens/backgrounds for the specific purpose, but turns out I didn’t have to worry much when just the walls

I don’t have a lot of space, so one thing I was quick to try, was to get a picture on the ceiling to view while chilling in bed. This is from 55-65 degree angle. Being able to use 4 corner correction, zoom, etc. is really great. Although I do notice sometimes the light showing from the original full frame from the projection of the device (cant be seen in the pictures below). While it doesn’t affect the image itself of the movie, it can be a distraction around the image

I also went on holiday, and stayed at hotel. Turned out that the PPM became useful for watching movies before bed on several occasions :smiley: (see pictures below) Surely beat the 20" or so TV available in the room :wink: Also connected a Nintendo Switch at one point and projected it onto the ceiling for a ridicously chilled gaming session :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve had a string of movie nights after getting home while my relative have beeen around, where we would project the image onto a living room wall (no picture sorry), which also just worked perfectly for a cinema like experience. In general my movie/show watching have increased quite a bit since getting the PPM

While I have a few wishes for improvements, I generally am extremely satisfied with the PPM so far. I still find myself amazed at how such a big and beautiful picture have been packaged into such a small and mobile device

6 Likes