PicoPix Max dead on arrival

Hi @Neil_Raphael could you please tell me your support ticket # and also where you are located? I will get this looked into immediately.

1 Like

My ticket number is 19221 and I am in the uk.

thnx for pushing, received the form and filed it out now waiting to hear back for a pickup time.

1 Like

It seems to be a better idea to post here then to reach out to support. I contacted support on 7th may the day after I received my PicoPix, it did not boot up, same problems as described above. Support responded the day after with a request for video prove, with I sent: Picopix startup hd on Vimeo
You see that I manage to boot it up with holding it on the side, but it does not always work, I also get purple stripes now and then, with looks like a connector is not connected in the right way.

My support ticket number is #19272. I asked for response 6 days later again (on the 14th), but up till now no response what so ever…I hope this works to get a response.

1 Like

Hello all

I just received my PPM today.

It worked well when I first started it. Then logically I went for the update. Did it then it rebooted but no image etc…I can hear sound etc but no image…anyone has a solution? Or is it a defective one I received…I am kinda pissed…waited that long for not being able to use it. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards

Hello,
I got it yesterday, was working then did the update.
All of sudden it didn’t reboot with image.
When I power on, I hear all noises but no image.
How to perform the reset by cable ?
Thanks

Hello all,

Just received yesterday my PPM. When I started it first time it worked well.
So I decided to do the update. Once the update finished, it didn’t reboot. Now I try to boot it but no image…I can hear the fans etc but no image came up.
I drained the battery unit no charge. Then I recharged the PPM and still same problem. No image.
I shaked a bit the PPM carefully but nothing too. I’m kind disapointed…waited that long for a defective unit. Is there a way to restore it by a cable or so ? Otherwise will need a replacement.
Thanks for the feedback.
Rgds,

Check Power Adapter and USB cable

• Are you pressing and holding the power button (on the projector or the remote) for a few seconds? YES
  • Are you using the supplied power adapter and USB-C cable? YES
  • Do you see red/blue flashing LED on plugging in the charger? This means the power adapter you’ve connected is not supported. Please use the supplied power adapter. NO. Led is constant blue when on, red when charging, and constant blue when full. YES

If you’re using the supplied adapter and cable, continue to the next section.

Check battery charge status

• Make sure the projector is powered Off. OK
  • Connect the power adapter to the projector. Make sure you plug it into the right side USB-C port (charging port), not the left side (video port)! OK
  • Does the LED turn red? If yes, let it charge for 3 hours until the LED turns blue. Then unplug it, and power it on. Does it work? TURNS ON, NO LIGHT EMMITED.
  • If the LED doesn’t light up at all, check that:
    • the adapter is receiving power from the wall socket.
    • do you have another USB-C device? Can the PicoPix adapter charge that device? If not, the adapter may be Faulty. ALREADY CHARGED.
  • If the LED lights up blue, it means the battery is fully charged. Continue to next section. OK

Check display problems

If your projector can turn on but doesn’t display any picture, check this as you power on the projector:

• Do you see the white Philips logo startup screen? NO
    • if yes, but there is no picture afterwards, check that all cables (HDMI / USB-C) are unplugged. UNPLUGGED
    • does pressing the home button on the remote or touchpad causes the home screen to appear? NO LIGHT IS EMITTED
    • does pressing the autofocus button on the remote show the focusing screen? NO LIGHT IS EMMITTED
  • Does the projector power off shortly after showing the home screen? It could be a thermal shutdown. check next section. DOESN’T POWER OFF, FANS ARE SPINNING, NO LIGHT IS EMMITED

Thermal shutdown

If you don’t see the Philips startup screen, or the projector powers off soon after starting up, check the following:

• Do you hear the fan spinning up when you power on the projector? YES
  • Do you have at least 30 cm free space on all sides of the projector to allow free movement of air? YES
  • What is the altitude of your city? (the atmosphere might be thin!) Geneva/Switzerland
  • What is the room temperature where you’re using the projector? 20C
1 Like

Hi @Makabeez do you see the Philips logo at least?

Yes there is a cable restore process. We are preparing a document with instructions and the tools you need. Please contact Support if not done so already, the instructions will be sent to you through them. If you don’t get a timely response, do ping me.

@amole sorry that you had to wait so long, I will escalate your ticket.

Hello Prashant,

No I don’t see the logo.

What I don’t understand is that it worked well before I did the update…pitty…I sent a mail already to support. Let me know what to do please…thanks lot.
Rgds

There was a bug in v1.1.00 and v1.1.01 updates which could cause this problem. Our testing found it happened on 4% of the tested units. The v1.1.02 update solves this, but since now you cannot update it we will send you USB-cable update instructions.

Ok when can I expect it ? I am in Switzerland in case…screeneo can send it to me here or maybe I already have this cable…anyway let me know soonest. Thanks

You just need a USB-A to USB-A cable (the type used for external hard drives).

Ok, send me please the procedure and will start it…can’t wait to use my PPM… thanks

Dear Prashant, do you have the guide ? I’m ready to start tomorrow noon.
thanks

1 Like

Still did not get anything…it’s becoming a disaster…pls send me then guide and book in order I can try to restore. Please…thanks

@Makabeez please check your PM.

Hello, what should I do ? Please reply quicker in order we can easily find solution.
thanks lot.
brgds,

Hello @Philips_Support_3 @Philips_Support_T @PhilipsNono @Philips_Support_3 Guys, need your support please nothing work…cable restore etc…this PPM is just defective…need an urgent replacement. it’s 3 days now with no answer…

And we are escalating again. What is happening?
I am really done with the service.

2019 Ordered in september with expected delivery date of november.
2020 - 01 - Production stopped
2020 - 03 - Production starts, no communication to any customer
2020 - 04 - Excel list realeased with numbers that are extremely difficult to find. Backersid in the back-end of the website
2020 - 05 - week 1 PicoPix delivered to Germany. No track and trace. No update.
2020 - 05 - week 3 - Delivered to Netherlands. No explanation for the delay of 21 days.
2020 - 05 - The opening of the package - No light.
2020 - 05 - week 1 - Message on the forum that the bulb is not working. Request to fill in form. Sent the form to the support email.
2020 - 06 - week 3- No reaction. Zero! Two weeks of nothing. Nothing just nothing. Like literally nothing.
2020 - 06 - week 3 - Create a message that someone is not doing his job of handling tickets. Get a message that I should fill in a form. Filled it in.
2020 - 06 - week 1 - Guess what? I don’t make this message for fun.

Maybe you should explain me the process of handling tickets and give me the excel of making delivery, login information of DHL and I can do it myself. Probably takes me less time than writing this message.

It is incredible how bad Philips is in handling customer service. I am disappointed. Truly disappointed.
Thank you Philips!

Please read my ticket: 19138

“Once you’ve filled in the form, a member of our Logistics team will get in touch with you to organize the pickup. Note that due to current global situation, it may take a few days before your pickup is scheduled! We’re sorry about the wait.”

Don’t feel sorry, do something about your process. I am not dead, the picopix lightbulb is dead. Feel sorry for your product.

Get used to it.