PPM Power requirement

20V, 3.25A is the recommended specs though I can see in your picture that it does support that as well. Sadly, compatibility has been a hit and miss on the PPM.

Thats unfortunate then. How about this spec? It can supply 15v at 5amps? Would this work with ppm? @Philips_Support_P @IvoGrijt @kugiigi

Your Max doesn’t do anything with 20V. Unfortunately I bought yet another powersupply that’s mweh. I now own two travel PD chargers, one is capable of 65W the other 100W. The first goes up to 20V3.25A and the latter 20V5A. But both do a merely 15V3A. And that’s the whole problem, the Max only wants 15V. I should have looked on the device instead of depending on the “engineer” posts here :frowning: . Check any electrical device you own, it will state the input (and output when applicable). The Max has one statement… input 15V!
I have a laptop PD charger 20V5A, doesn’t work on the Max. I’ve tried 20V Dell, HP and an industrial testing power supplies. Max only accepts 15V. When I’m watching the tv via an app over WiFi at full brigthness, the stock power supply 15V4A charges with about 5% per hour :confused: . When I do the same with a 15V3A it drains about 10% per hour.

If someone has been able to charge with 20V I would sure like to know under which conditions and what brand/type charger you used. Again, the Max clearly states it only accepts 15V input. So no use in buying 20V5A.

Never used the supplied charger since I think it’s crap. Since the first day I’ve used this one and never had a problem plus I can charge another 3 devices at the same time as charging the PPMAX
Zendure SuperPort 4 Dual USB-C Desktop Charger (Crush-Proofed, 100W Power Delivery for iPhone, MacBook, iPad, Android, Nintendo Swith and many more, Intelligent Safety Protection, USB, USB-C) Black
More information: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XHK43N9/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_6Z7FJCNQ2E5QSFAEH78T

Here is a link to their site

I found a replacement charger that works for ppm here in Australia. This one is capable of supplying upto 5amps at 15v. I see the red led coming up on the ppm now and also I can see the charging indicator on the screen once I turn on the ppm.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/112w-usb-type-c-laptop-charger/p/MP3344?pos=2&queryId=a6608bd331d7f3b7440989b1bec155b3&sort=relevance#

2 Likes

15V 4A 60W PowerBank? Can use?!
https://podercamino.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=74&product_id=154

Does anyone have tried to connect a Macbook Air on the PPM via USB-C ?

First, it doesn’t work properly, need to diconnect/reconnect several times.

And the second issue is that the Macbook Air is charging on the PPM so I need to also plug the USB C AC adapter on the PPM…

All was working good for me at first.
I had this problem as soon as I have changed my broken Philips charger with another one.
No problem with an HDMI connection.
Don’t know how to change that (it’s a problem from the MacBook).

Quite surprising there has been no update in this thread since Sep’21.

My experience so far with charging and ports:

In general, I’ve been wondering why was there so little difference between normal and presentation mode. Pretty much since I got PPX (around September '21 from a large electronics retailer in Poland) I’ve been using my Asus laptop 65W charger. The reason being was that a usb-c cable provided was only 1m long, so not long enough to reach a socket.

Another thing that was bothering me - why can’t I power and/or charge my PPX using ASUS’ Thunderbolt 4 usb-c port, which has 100W output. It even fast charges Samsung/Huawei phones even though normally you need to have a branded brick to do so (i.e. 40W Huawei charger will charge Samsung phone with only around 15W etc).

In regards to the ports, there is also one strange thing - when trying to extend a screen from Asus Laptop:

• when using thunderbolt 4 usb-c to PPX usb-c video, it’s not working. Instead, it’s trying to charge my laptop/tablet/phone
  • when using TB4 usb-c to ppx HDMI port using a regular usb-c to hdmi cable, it’s not working (but it does when connecting to a monitor, so the cable is fine)
  • when using TB4 usb-c to ppx HDMI port using Samsung’s DEX ubsc to HDMI: https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/dex-cable-ee-i3100fbegww/ , it’s working
  • when using HDMI-to HDMI it’s not working

So if usb-c to usb-c ppx video port is not working, so what the hell is this port for?

In regards to charging I’ve started going through this thread and:

• somehow in never realized that when connecting my ASUS 65W charger, it never charged my PPX when using it :smiley:
  • so, after checking my ASUS charger, it’s 15v/3a. So when double checking it seems to power ppx or charge it when turned off, but not power and charge at the same time when turned on
  • but it’s not all. No i found why Presentation mode was not that much brighter than a normal mode. In presentation mode, the brightness didn’t differ whether it was on battery or connected to ASUS 65W. Yet, when I powered PPX with its original 15V/4A brick, the brightness went up in presentation mode! :slight_smile: Assuming that in normal mode the brightness is at around 550-600 lumens, then I was getting around 700 in presentation mode, and now i’m getting full 800 lumens. I’ve had issues with too low brightness in the office, will check it on Tuesday.

So now I know, I need to get a 2m usb-c 100W compatible cable. Yet, still two questions:

• if Thunerbolt’s 4 output is 100W (it can even power external GPU which has way higher energy consumption than PPX) why is not even charging it when turned off?
  • why usb-c video port is not working? I mean why is it not accepting video, instead - it’s trying to charge my device?

Also, it’s been some time since September. Has anyone got hands on fully compatible powerbank with ppx, available in Europe?

Thanks!

I’m considering getting Flash Pro - with higher capacity.

It’s quite interesting, their customer support wasn’t even aware of the 15v/4a support. I asked them to check with the hardware guys.

There is one thing I want to confirm. Did you check if ppx620 provides full 800 lumen brightness when connected to Flash 2.0?

When using ppx620 with my Asus 65w charger, not only it doesn’t charge ppx620 when using it, but the max brightness in the presentation mode is lowered. Since the max one is at around 800, then I guess it is lowered to around 700.

There is one thing I am not 100% sure when reading your feedbck. When using 100W 15v/4a can you watch and charge ppx620 at the same time?

Thanks

Hallo Dominik,

Yes, connected to the Flash 2.0 while using the PPM, the brightness jumps up and it’s brighter than without. It seems to me to be the maximum. If it’s 800 I can’t tell, don’t have a lumimeter to measure.

But there is also the battery sign in the right top corner switching to flash sign, like while being plugged into the wall socket. So I suppose it’s the same brightness.

In my observation it seems also to charge while watching with Flash 2 like being in plugged-in-modus.

We also crowdfunded the new flash pro and are using it. It works the same with the ppm.

What is the most intriguing to me, is that the flash powerbanks are real fast charged! In one hour from empty to 100% – that is really something! And so useful!

Hi!

Thanks for the info!

In order to charge with the full speed, you then need their or any other wall-charger than can charge with 100W. Are you using it? I’m considering, but one thing that is pushing me away is lack of EU version - they force you to use their adapter, which makes the charger way bulkier.

I’m just using a normal 65W Charger for Notebooks. Works fine! Maybe it needs 10 minutes longer than it would with 100W. But still full charged like in one hour. If you have an apple notebook you could take their charger, I suppose, as they are 200W