Random Returning to Home Screen

Yeah I’m not sure what to do! Every other app plays fine. Seems to be Netflix that is causing problems for everyone.

hi guys so this Netflix bombing issues is persisting even after updating to 1.0.0.26. What i have noticed which i thought I had solved is that it appears related to the system date and time. For some reason when i start up, while the PPM interface and the core interface show they are connected to my network, no network services work. If i go and check date and time it is January 2016 even though the system is set to update from network.
If i leave it for 15 minutes + then it seems to update the time and date and voila my Netflix, you tube etc work

Pretty annoying and even if i toggle the settings on and off it doesn’t make a difference but seems to update after an age. Anyone know if there are any additional settings in the core OS where one can remedy this?

Cheers

You haven’t experienced that? I can always replicate this issue on the Test Pattern videos. Luckily, I haven’t experienced this on any of the shows/movies I watched.

That’s what I have to search for in Netflix, Test pattern ?

Edit: found them, will try them out
Edit 2: which one specifically crashes yours @kugiigi, which season/episode?

What about Netflix and offline download of movies? They seems to only be downloaded in SD quality when played back!

I think all them causes a crash after some time playing.

Have you checked the settings if you set the download to get the highest possible quality?

1 Like

Didn’t know you could change that in the Netflix app! Will check What settings it have tonight…

Yeah, it defaults to SD quality, very annoying that it doesn’t ask you the first time you download a movie for online viewing.

Confirmed, HD needs to be selwcted!

Also noticed that the Micro SD memory card was needed to be added as additional storage or as an removable SD card from the hidden menue to become available after formatting it.

Think that hidden menu would benefit to be available from the setup menu, whats the reason to hide it, when you probably need to access it for some functions (mounting and formatting memory card, switch to 24 hr format)

It’s hidden because it’s “off-brand” i.e. not conforming to Philips guidelines. We are re-implementing one by one all the features into the Settings app. Actually re-thinking the UX now.

Yes, I think their goal is for the users never needing that hidden menu unless for advanced things. Although, I think it’ll be fine putting a dedicated button to launch it instead of really hiding it with cheat codes button combinations :smiley:

@Philips_Support_P I think the best way is to make the settings app like the hidden menu which comes out from the side and overlayed to the current content.

1 Like

Any updates on this? I still can’t watch Netflix without it crashing. This is crazy

v1.0.27 solves this issue.

1 Like

Hi, @Philips_Support_P
I want to thank you for the hard work your team has done.
After installing 1.0.27, the returning to home screen bug is no longer there. I tested this by streaming YouTube and Netflix both for 3 hours, both went smoothly without any interruption, whereas before every 5 minutes or less it would go back to the home screen.

Thanks to this update fix, now I could finally use the PPX’s native OS instead of plugging in an external HDMI source.

In the midst of a global pandemic, it’s really impressive that your team was able to continue bug-fixing user issues diligently. Thank you.

7 Likes

Makes me really happy to mark this elusive bug as ‘solved’!

1 Like

@Philips_Support_P Thanks for the work. I just contacted the support for the return / refund before seeing this post. I’ll update the firmware and try myself too before moving further down that road and let you know the result of the tests.

Thanks again and (valid for all those on these reading this) take care!

1 Like

Hey all, received yesterday! Great quality.
But It keeps stopping and going back to home screen, I need to press play every 2 minutes if I want to watch anything. Anyone knows why?
Thanks

This bug was address with software version 1.0.29.