Random Returning to Home Screen

Something happened to me and might be related.
First time I tried the Netflix app, I went straight ahead and play a Test Pattern video. After a few seconds, the projector seemed to have crashed and rebooted (Philips splash screen then home screen displayed).
This happened 3 times in a row. After that I gave up and tried a real video and it never happened again so far. Haven’t tried the test pattern video again though.

I have emailed bugreport with the clip of the issue. Please advise.

Thanks.

Hello, did you upgrade the Netflix app ? We are testing now Netflix since 1h and no issues. We will check and get back to you

Well i did not unless that’s the not the instructions given as part of the patch 25 rollout. Like i said i got no issue in the previous firmware and factory reset didnt help either. A couple of folks here already mentioned that they had the same observations etc.

Thanks

After software upgrade the trackpad when scrolling left and right is not working anymore

Please help to fix the issue

What a coincidence, same exact thing for me…

Hi, just received my Pico Pix. Opened Netflix and it says the deive is not supported by the app. Tried updating it, uninstalling and reinstalling it.Nothing seems to be working! Can’t even open the app!

2 Likes

Received my PPM today too but don’t have such issue… First thing I did before even try Netflix was to upgrade PPM firmware to latest version v1.0.25

Did you apply that FW upgrade too?

Can you please advise what’s the best way forward? Thanks

Yes I did!

Hi I have a similar issue. After upgrading to .25 Netflix was perfect.
Played a movie via usb on the weekend and ran some tests with iPad Pro and USB C which worked fine.
When I tried Netflix last night it just constantly closes the app before getting to the start screen.
Deleted Netflix and reinstalled from installer on home page
Reset to factory settings
Logged in to Netflix
Same issue
Amazon prime works
Other apps work.
Please advise

@Bgerd after you installed the kill app did your Netflix issues cease?

@Mikeyh issue remains unresolved. I installed the kill app for testing (i.e. to make sure I was starting in the same state) … been relying on a chromecast since.

My current suspicion is that after mistakenly upgrading Netflix, the patched Netflix version cannot be restored by uninstalling / reinstalling, or a hard reset …

It’s been asked before, but what is the base version of the patched Netflix app @Philips_Support_P ? With respect to versions listed in Aptoide, what version of Netflix was shipped originally.

Hi @Bgerd, the preloaded netflix version should be 4.16.3 build 15172. You can check it by going to the netflix icon and pressing the Menu key on the remote.

Do you have this netflix version?

Service center is asking me approval for your replacement, but I want to do some additional debugging with you to make sure whether it’s defective hardware (replacement needed) or defective software (can be fixed by update). Are you willing to cooperate in debugging?

Hi @Philips_Support_P, I see that version 4.16.3 build 15172 dates back to May 2017.

What are you plans going forward? I assume you will not patch every version Netflix releases but how frequent will you release a new version of the Netflix app? And perhaps a bit early, but how long do you intend on supporting this? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

In my case it’s confirmed the netflix version is what you mentioned. I have also sent a chaser to your bugreport email for the next steps. I hope to hear from you guys soon as to me this projector is just not serving my primary purpose at all! Thanks

Hi, @Philips_Support_P

I don’t get any info on what version of the app I have when going to the netflix icon and pressing the Menu key on the remote.

Plus: every time I turn my PicoPix on, it says I don’t have an internet connexion, even though all my other devices connected to my wifi work well. Netflix still doesn’t work, Youtube always tells me I don’t have internet, almost every app I install tell me I can’t use them because a newer version of the app is available and as of today I can’t make mirroring work. So basically I can use the Ted app… please do something?

1 Like

@Philips_Support_P Ok. I was mistakenly taking the version of Netlfix from inside Aptoide, and not via the Home-Screen-App-Icon -> Menu-Button. It displays 4.16.3 build 15172

Just to chime in, same problem here, with 1.0.25, firmware reset, and batteries taken out of the remote. I see this randomly jumping home also with other apps, like Plex, and even the built in Configuration app.

Hello anyone from Philips can advise what’s next? thanks