Rii i4 Mini Bluetooth Keyboard with Touchpad and Scroll Wheel

Thanks for the report. I looked for similar products and found a couple of interesting ones, much like the one you have. I ended up ordering the Rii i4 anyway precisely because of its BT support. Seems like it was a good choice.

2 Likes

Thanks for the review. It’s so cool how the keypad lights up on whichever side is facing up. As for powering the PPMax off, I navigate to Projector Settings > Power > Shutdown instead of using the AirMote.

1 Like

I actually have a full sized logitech backlighted Bluetooth keyboard (ultra thin) that I could used with ppm. But I am so lazy to pull it out from my bag every time I wanted to type something you know. A tiny mini remote keyboard with backlight is so convenient.

Here’s a picture of my full size keyboard:

2 Likes

I have the i4 and it works well. I find the touch pad is really helpful with trying to select things versus the airmote.

2 Likes

I find the scroll wheel really useful for scrolling through hundreds of files quickly. :blush:

2 Likes

I am going to buy the Rii i25A remote with keyboard. Will test it out and let you all know…

Look sick…

With tons of features including IR remote learning…

2 Likes

That was one of the remotes/keyboards I looked at. Doesn’t seem to support bluetooth though…

1 Like

Yeah. I don’t use the USB port anyways so don’t mind using this kind of remote. The one I have at the moment is not working out (see previous post). It interfered with shutdown and no IR learning.

Yeah I wish they would make the quick access for shutdown, auto-focus, input source selection and brightness mode… be available sooner. I heard it’s in the works…

EDIT: and do away with asking whether really need to shutdown confirmation… Waste of time and clicks… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

William… Did you plug the 2.4G USB receiver into the USB port to use your keyboard??? Seems your keyboard is also a Bluetooth-enabled keyboard. You can do without the USB receiver and connect via Bluetooth.

2 Likes

Can you put up a link for this thanks.

Here, for instance. There’s probably other places as well where these are sold.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s $20 cheaper than eBay locally

1 Like

Please note there are two versions of the remote… One with an ‘A’ is the enhanced version with mic and audio capabilities.

Also… This is still untested with ppm. It could be unusable like my last test with a different remote.

3 Likes

So need to toss this up with the Rii i4?

I will buy one to test and see if usable with ppm. William tested with the i4 - usable but without InfraRed learning.

1 Like

Nope. I’m using Bluetooth only.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth:
The auto-focus on the Philips Airmote seems to be bound to the code for the ‘help’ key.
Any remote having a ‘help’ key might be able to do auto-focus.

Alternatively, maybe Philips could include an additional key-code for auto-focus?

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I will try.

Yeah, I had suggested allowing us to map a function key combo to activate auto-focus in this post. Please help to up vote.

1 Like

I just tested F1 to F12. Also combinations of those with Ctrl and Shift and Alt keys. None activated the auto-focus :frowning: