Service Update v1.1.05 is now available

What problem does DC bias cause?

I need to know in order to decide whether to update the firmware.

Cause

if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

1 Like

I would also be interesting in that information. Does it harm my PPM when I do not have that update yet?

3 Likes

Hey Holzhausen, did you realise that you can install Surfshark through the Aptoid TV app? Just use the search function to locate it. Came up as “Surfshark VPN for Android”.

1 Like

Where is this update? i can not find the link
thank you!

So you can only update v1.1.05 with the Picopix Max, it’s not possible to do an offline update.

1 Like

I can see on indiegogo that within 10 days a firmware update will be released.
V1.2

Yes indeed, we already sent it to Beta testers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ok so where is the update? 14 days passed

3 Likes

blank screen after online update
The beamer was on 1.1.04.
I just ruined the evening by just running the online update.
Boot prosess shows rocketchip screen then white Philips screen and ends with a black blank screen.
In the first few minutes, you can move a circle with a dot in the middle with the touchpad.
One time I could see the volume bar for a second as i used the remote’s volume buttons.
To power off you have to hold the power button for longer time.
what can I do to fix this and what can i do to prevent this failure?

Hi @Khaos sorry to hear that. You can revert it by following the Cable restore procedure. Beware this will wipe your settings and apps.

@Philips_Support_P

I was afraid about to get this answer :frowning:

What alternative I have?

• I don’t have this USB cable that is needed for cable restore and to be honest I don’t really want to buy one
  • I also have no Windows PC
  • My Macbook only have a usb-c port.
  • The bug is still there
  • I still need to know what can I do to fix this and what can i do to prevent this failure?

@Philips_Support_P

It is even not sure after cable reset v 1.1.04 it won’t happen again when updating to v1.1.05

Is there any chance to copy my settings before factory reset?

How can I do a full backup before installing an update?
How can I restore full backup when update failed (without cable factory reset?)

Can I send you helpful information to investigate this bug?
Could you please add a full backup for the update function that is running automatically before the update.
Automatically fallback to the previous firmware when something went wrong or triggered manually somehow?

I think you can factory reset by going to recovery mode. Not sure though how to to get there.Honestly, I’m still hesitant to upgrade to the latest because I read a couple of cases where a factory reset was needed which sucks because I have many apps and stuffs which I don’t mind losing but a hassle to bring back.

:man_shrugging:

It seems not??? yet :frowning: go for a vote PPM configuration backup / restore / transfer

for you all other victims here is how I got this little shit back alive.
boot to recovery mode do fucktory reset
you do not need windows pc or usb cable
philips & android is shit I love the beamer but it is wasting my little free time i have for fixing their bugs

1 Like

I wonder if applying offline update from recovery mode would also work. This way you won’t lose everything.

I didn’t work. I tried with sd card. Error was something with “failed to unmount …sd”

Can someone answer this question?

I just updates to the latest version 2 weeks ago and it all runs great. I had no issues while updating or after that and I think some apps are also a bit more responsive… Kodi has much quicker UI and the new picture adjustment in the settings is awesome… so far a very good update, a no brainer… go for it and upgrade!