Service Update v1.1.05 is now available

Yes indeed, we already sent it to Beta testers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ok so where is the update? 14 days passed

3 Likes

blank screen after online update
The beamer was on 1.1.04.
I just ruined the evening by just running the online update.
Boot prosess shows rocketchip screen then white Philips screen and ends with a black blank screen.
In the first few minutes, you can move a circle with a dot in the middle with the touchpad.
One time I could see the volume bar for a second as i used the remoteā€™s volume buttons.
To power off you have to hold the power button for longer time.
what can I do to fix this and what can i do to prevent this failure?

Hi @Khaos sorry to hear that. You can revert it by following the Cable restore procedure. Beware this will wipe your settings and apps.

@Philips_Support_P

I was afraid about to get this answer :frowning:

What alternative I have?

• I donā€™t have this USB cable that is needed for cable restore and to be honest I donā€™t really want to buy one
  • I also have no Windows PC
  • My Macbook only have a usb-c port.
  • The bug is still there
  • I still need to know what can I do to fix this and what can i do to prevent this failure?

@Philips_Support_P

It is even not sure after cable reset v 1.1.04 it wonā€™t happen again when updating to v1.1.05

Is there any chance to copy my settings before factory reset?

How can I do a full backup before installing an update?
How can I restore full backup when update failed (without cable factory reset?)

Can I send you helpful information to investigate this bug?
Could you please add a full backup for the update function that is running automatically before the update.
Automatically fallback to the previous firmware when something went wrong or triggered manually somehow?

I think you can factory reset by going to recovery mode. Not sure though how to to get there.Honestly, Iā€™m still hesitant to upgrade to the latest because I read a couple of cases where a factory reset was needed which sucks because I have many apps and stuffs which I donā€™t mind losing but a hassle to bring back.

:man_shrugging:

It seems not??? yet :frowning: go for a vote PPM configuration backup / restore / transfer

for you all other victims here is how I got this little shit back alive.
boot to recovery mode do fucktory reset
you do not need windows pc or usb cable
philips & android is shit I love the beamer but it is wasting my little free time i have for fixing their bugs

1 Like

I wonder if applying offline update from recovery mode would also work. This way you wonā€™t lose everything.

I didnā€™t work. I tried with sd card. Error was something with ā€œfailed to unmount ā€¦sdā€

Can someone answer this question?

I just updates to the latest version 2 weeks ago and it all runs great. I had no issues while updating or after that and I think some apps are also a bit more responsiveā€¦ Kodi has much quicker UI and the new picture adjustment in the settings is awesomeā€¦ so far a very good update, a no brainerā€¦ go for it and upgrade!