Shipping to Europe

The delays have really bummed me out.
I’m aware that you can expect delays for crowdfunding projects such as this, but this time I’m just in a bit of an annoying situation timing-wise.

I’m moving from Denmark to Ethiopia around the 6th of February and most likely I won’t get my unit before leaving. A big part of buying this projector was that I could bring it with me as I don’t want to bring a TV in my luggage. But seeing as I probably won’t get it before leaving I basically have these choices:

1. Change my delivery address to my parents’ or a friend’s and get them to ship it to me (obviously at my expense).
  2. Change the delivery address and then just pick it up next time I’m in Denmark, although that won’t be until the summer most likely.
  3. Cancel my order and ask for a refund.

None of these options are great.
If I knew my address in Ethiopia I might be able to change the address to that, but then I’ve already paid the EU VAT or whatever.

If you are going to work in Ethiopia, you can ask your employer address and if you can use their address for shipment. Otherwise I would ask for a refund.

To begin with it’s just my girlfriend who has a job there, so I’d have to figure out whether I can use her employer’s address, I suppose.

I am not complaining. And sure I rather wait than get a defective or not complete tool. But I am just asking for a little more transparancy regarding towards eu backers and the promised dates. It’s better to have a respond where they say they dont know it yet than a false promise or no answer at all.

I agree - I would rather wait for a better product. But I’d also rather be told “You’ll get it in two months” rather than every day go to the website to be told “Sorry - not today, but tomorrow, we promise”

5 Likes

Lets stick to the facts. I know that is hard sometimes, and that schedules have been extended before. But at least they seem to have fixed some issues, and they are shipping atleast 2-3k units. I agree it would be good for everyone to know if this 2-3K batch will be send to EU, or to other locations. That would provide some clarity. Hope @Philips_Support_N can help us with that answer:) To what regions is this batch going?

Hello guys! we are shipping 1500 pieces to EU tonight! You will receive the tracking numbers from Backerkit

27 Likes

Thank you for this update. Can you please also say how many backers are there in EU to estimate our chances better? :slight_smile:

That says nothing m8. There are verry early backer from Europe that get skipped… I see answers for a lot of countries but for Europe it’s quiet.

@Philips_Support_N That is great news, thanks for the update! I guess you mean they will be shipped from the factory to the EU warehouse tonight? Or are they already in europe and will be shipped from the EU warehouse to backers tonight?

HK to warehouse, then directly to customers

10 Likes

@Philips_Support_N thanks for the updates this was exactly the kind of transparancy i was hoping for

Amsterdam warehouse?

Nice! So most probably they had already addressed the hardware issues for these units but posted the update on IGG just yesterday? Is this correct @Philips_Support_N? Thanks!

I’m from EU so fingers crossed :slight_smile:

How long do you estimate it will take to reach EU homes ? One week from now ?

@Philips_Support_N: I would really appreciate if you would state what backerIDs have been covered… For example: “The highest backer ID that has been covered in EU is XXXXX.”

3 Likes

Great! So they will be shipped to the Amsterdam warehouse tonight. Than i think we can expect them to arrive in amsterdam beginning of next week. Than be send out to backers. Depending on your location, first backers in EU should be able to get them end of next week if you are lucky:)

Backer #3 EU no shipping status change or update

@Velislav_Ivanovyes indeed

Hello, we can try to do this yes. I will give more info tonight when I receive the DHL trackings

11 Likes