Shipping to Europe

Hello Philips, With 2 factories working parallel, what is your optimal production rate per day forecasts for the day 8th of February?

All I’m reading is Excel, CSV and manual work in such a complex process and I’m thinking how this Startup Nation industry (Indegogo, Backerkit, Stripe…) is overselling everything… Do they also need faxes or even better: Carrier pigeons? That would be really “disruptive”…

So, in my case (Contribution ID 3097 | France), DHL website is greeting me with a “Not Found” for more than 2 days now. When should I be expecting something?

I just want to take time to thank you for the transparency, communication improved substantially since update #18.

we will see that after we start to be sure about the quality

@BigFares the default DHL site is a uk site. Idk why… but since it is the german DHL carrier you need to try your code on the german site: https://www.logistics.dhl/de-en/home/tracking/tracking-parcel.html

This worked for me

2 Likes

We cannot know. Even if we call DHL, they will say: you need to wait.
Concerning the process, yes this is a fact. There is no only 1 company making everything. You have different companies, Indiegogo, Backerkit, Stripe, SimpleVAT, DHL…

so let me get this straight (Maybe i missunderstood something here… hopefully):

there are People who backed early/mid August. And These People will get the projector after some people who backed mid/late November?

can someone confirm this?

Thank you Joey, indeed the tracking is available on the German site :slight_smile:
Thanks again!

1 Like

Yes thats correct. The first priority in shipment is based on countries. This due to batch shipping. Within the country batches its on id. This all due to differences in the delivery process per country.
Its sad its not completely on id but its very understandable.

Why only send 1 product to america if you can send 1000s at once…

I never said that one company should handle everything, I’m more concerned by the manuel Excel/CSV file generation and exchange. These guys should provide a more integrated/automated services.

yes they should provide API for integration with forwarder. But in fact they won’t do it because they have a internal solution for shipping so for sure they are pushing their solution

Have received my shipping ID and although it didn’t work on the UK DHL website, it did on the German one and I can see they are awaiting the package.

Will update once received…

Hey @Philips_Support_N seem like you may have to file a complaint after the campaign is over. It is strange that IGG and backerkit can mess up something trivial like this. Have a list with users with different filters and statuses with the ability to export in different formats for shipping companies.

Otherwise keep up the good work! I’m very pleased with the communication in the forum so far.

Cheers,

1 Like

I sent them an email this weekend about it.
Let’s see what they answer.

1 Like

As allways - unrealistic. When I backed in 19/9/1 it was october.
Every question was answered with yes, we will do it in time.
And postponed and postponed and postponed.
If the factory reopens in 20/2/8 then it will last some weeks longer untilil delivery.
Become honest.
I’m used to crowdfundung but this “hey we are Philips not a startup” turned out as wrong.

Martin, we changed the factory now. It will be faster than before.

I don’t think so. New facotries new problems. And you still forget transportation time.
As said I can live with delays so stay honest.

Martin, we already produced 500 pieces with them, so no issues

1 Like

But the issue is this…

You said you sent the EU shipment 5 days ago - yet DHL isn’t showing as having received them - they haven’t been scanned in yet.

From my experience as soon as couriers have the parcels they scan them - that updates on the backend.

The backerkit bit is bad - they charge a large percentage, and from what we can see - do very little. No one has had an email. Unless… The email will be sent when the tracking number shows as received by the couriers.

Can you confirm when the EU shipment was sent…

5 days ago as in the timeline - or Saturday as indiegogo timeline. One is wrong.

If your using a freight forwarder to DHL, then any airline shipping would have been done within the day.

We need clarity.

Hi @Philips_Support_N,
Thanks for the continued feedback now through this forum.

Your phrasing when it comes to the new factory has been a bit confusing to me. Sometimes it seems that you will run two factories simultaneously after CNY and sometimes it seems that the new factory replaces the old factory.

Could you tell which of the two it is? Two factories will both produce ppm or only one new factory will produce ppm?

2 Likes

@Tristan Both factories will produce ppm.