Shipping to Europe

Hey guys, we’re all frustrated here, so let’s focus on solutions, not problems. I’ve also backed the project back in October, and yes, I hoped to get it before Christmas. Also, please understand I’m not protecting anyone here.

Could the communication from Philips have been better? YES! For example, instead of answering like you are sure, you can say “Yes, we should be on time, unless we hit …” …and you just point out some of the risks you might have along the way - this way, we’ll be prepared and you would have your a**es covered. :slight_smile: Cause yes, there are a lot of dependencies and you don’t have full control over the process.

Could we be more understanding about the situation? YES! The whole consumer culture has hit an extreme level - we want everything and we want it now! We as consumers don’t care about all the hurdle behind bringing a new product on the market. But it matters!.

I backed the project because I wanted to upgrade to something portable and better than my old BenQ XVGA projector, so I don’t mind waiting a few months and get a quality product, instead of rushing things and get a crappy projector. Otherwise if I had a firm deadline when I absolutely had to have the projector (for example a business trip, etc.), I’d consider buying something else. For example, I wanted to get it before Christmas because I planned a trip and wanted to watch movies with my friend. Well, I just borrowed a projector from a friend and watched movies anyways.

Remember that Philips also want to get this over with and get their money! :slight_smile: Basically every day they are delaying this reduces their profit margins from this specific product.

Just think this through - It’s much easier to predict the past than anticipate the future.

Cheers,

14 Likes

The issue here is that the people who backed early/mid August will get the projector after some people who backed mid/late November in the same country.

2 Likes

If the goods are shipped in bulk, customs will be done in bulk, and after that DHL stickers will go onto each individual box (if not already on the box). Only after customer can DHL get to individual packages and scan them in. So I imagine the boxed are in transit to the warehouse.

I’m completely with you on this one. It’s not fair at all and although we are being told we will be in the next shipment. Who’s to say that will actually happen? I don’t see how exporting a list can be so difficult, contribution ID list should have been checked tok make sure it was fair before sending to DHL.

I’m pretty salty that despite being in the UK and below the magic 4188 number I am still at the back of the queue. Pretty sketchy systems in action, I hope the product is considerably better than the backer experience.

3 Likes

As @Philips_Support_N already mentioned earlier, for as long as you have a tracking number and the package was picked-up, Screeneo cannot do anything anymore. It’s DHL’s responsability and/or fault if the tracking is not showing up or the package is delayed.

Im checking with our forwarder why the some DHL tracking appear and some not on their website

Mine does appear, since today has now a weight and dimensions. But the country of destination is wrong.

can you send me a PM with your email address ? i will check. Or give me your tracking number

Hi everyone
Can someone help me, where can I find my backerkit ID and where to check the shipping status???
I also didn’t get anything from Philips yet.
Thanks in advance

How do you know that the destination country is wrong ?
My tracking number doesn’t give me the destination country, and when I try to enter my zipcode (in five digits in France) as asked, it replies “Your input was incorrect”…

Mine gives a country of origin (DE) and destination (France). I am not in France.

give me you email address please
or at list the first 3 letters

That I understand, thats due to some conflict in IDs between indigogo excel backerkit etc… however thats was only a change for around 1600 more than shouldve been. The heigher numbers where everyone is complaining about 10xxx etc are from different countries.

@Philips_Support_N I’m irritated because still no info about delivery. Neither in BackerKit nor Indiegogo. Contribution ID 59xx Contribution Date September 3, 2019. Deliver address Germany. :pleading_face::man_shrugging:t3:

Mine is supposed to be shipped to holland, but it says that it will be shipped to France. So you aren’t the only one.

If you fill in the postal you can see the owner. If it sais its wrong well i guess it not your code. I noticed the postal does not accept a space when looking it up on the dhl site.

Indeed doesn’t take my postal code.

All these people with wrong tracking numbers… Maybe they are for the users not listed as shipped?

Seems like Backerkit has really screwed this up… I hope they don’t charge you for all this.

Well im not in the original list either… but still my tracking code is working and so is my postal as well, it even shows me as the owner. However it is very accurate on what it accepts like my postal needed to be capitalized aswell