Shipping to Europe

To be honest, the Screeneo team hasn’t had much luck with the timelines. Many different aspects contributed to delays and the current situation. They have communicated many of them but also have the actual business side of things to run, and possibly can’t spare all the time needed to answer yet another request by backer xxxxx about the product delivery timelines, often asking information that’s already been provided in these forum threads, sometimes even a few posts above the asker’s.

Normally you go to a store (in person or online) and buy a finished product that has had the whole logistical path already worked out in its entirety and is already in high stock volume in the warehouses. Then the time from order to your door is known and has little surprises in store.

This campaign is not that. The product wasn’t / isn’t fully finished or foolproof (focus wheel issue sorted after first batches made), bugs and other issues and features are still being found and worked on through firmware and other measures, the feedback from the first recipients being processed, support personnel trained, logistic routes and partners evaluated and changed, procedures established or tweaked, all the while dealing with a (global) epidemic around the holidays originating in the country where the product is made.

If it were me, I would’ve announced that the PPMs will be delivered to all in June, and then just surprise people by delivering in March or April.

Also with regards to the price: you obviously could afford the price point that you paid for. If when the product hits the stores it costs less than you paid, learn the lesson and wait patiently next time till any product campaigned is available in the stores and through regular channels and buy it at whatever price it comes at. Or wait even longer to get it discounted on Black Friday or some other sale.

I’ve backed another campaign on IG (HUB by Discord Sound) that’s not even giving updates anymore, where I pledged for two earbuds plus extras paying about $250 in total which I don’t expect to ever get back or even receive the product after reading how many people are complaining about not getting the product, updates, replies, or refunds.
Compared to that the Screeneo team have been doing a wonderful job as best as they can and have actually delivered their product to some backers already and are doing all in their power to fulfill all orders. Please give them a break and have patience, or cancel your order.

I for one commend and thank the Screeneo team for their product, time, and effort. Keep up the good work!

Just my opinion, but it needed to be said I feel.

5 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree. Screeneo will learn a lot from this that can be used if they decide to do more of these kind of product launches. Hopefully the backers will also learn a lot… Yes, I’m particularly looking at you guys who screams out demanding their PPM right this instance :wink:

I also have a horror story of a campaign experience on another product (automated cat litter box of all things). That product was supposed to ship in june 2019, $350 plus shipping. Now about 8 months later, we get an update every 2 months if we are lucky. But the updates have been quite suspicious, stating that shipping is happening, but I only recall 1 chinese backer writing in the comments about receiving it. And apparently it falls short on quality/features claimed in the campaign. Now I just checked, and it seems the company is selling an extremely similar product in retail on chinese site, even though most backers didn’t receive anything.

So yeah! If you think the PPM experience is bad, then just know that this is nothing lol. Screeneo are actually amazing with communication.

2 Likes

:sweden:Received an update from UPS that the package will be delivered tomorrow.:sweden:

1 Like

ID 235, Sweden
Just noticed my stuff is shipped two days ago.
Looks like an attempt was made to ship in december but think it got stuck in the postnord battery drama.
New tracking is UPS, can’t seem to click the tracking to get updates tho. entering the number manually doesn’t work either.

Hope there will be some kind of email notification for shipping update, so it dsn’t bounce back again :smile:

As someone mentioned before, the tracking number from UPS is a bit tricky. If it starts with something like “IZ” then the first character is actually a “1”. Try it like that and it should work.

1 Like

That worked. Someone needs to do a sticky post on this :rofl:
Due delivery today

2 Likes

I wonder if Excel did some if its “Excel magic”, as the PDFs obviously contained ones and not the letter I (also in the Maxicode in the screenshot). Not the first time Excel mangles important data.

Sounds great that the initial Swedish shipment is underway, I still wait for the next one.

1 Like

Oh boy, looks like I’m getting mine in May with so many delays (I’m in 13XXX range) :sweat_smile:

Hello guys, this is weird about the 1 or I because on our excel file, this is an I not 1.

I can confirm. Changing the I as in India to the number one (1) works. I will receive my package on Thursday.

EDIT my package is still in Germany.

Hi, I havent received my backer yet. Waiting for lot of months. When will my pico sent?

I need urgent information.

Thanks

Hey Raul, can you open this link BackerKit Pledge Manager for Philips PicoPix Max - 1080p Full HD Pico Projector and type in the e-mail you’ve registered with on IGG. Then they should send you a link to access your backerkit. Let me know what you see there - you can PM me with screenshots.

Hello @Philips_Support_N,

Please answer our enquires in AU/NZ again. You have stated that the shipment is ready and that it was only DHL that said it is too late to ship before Chinese New Year. Is there any update regarding our shipment? Thank you

1 Like

Au/Nz have own thread, please post in appropriate threads and do not make a mess

1 Like

Hey mate,

I am not here to argue with you or in anyway disrespect our fellow European backers. I know we have our own thread. But @Philips_Support_N hardly answers our enquiries for update yet he is always here. I am just posting here to get his attention as most of it is in the Eu thread. As you can see from how much times he has replied here from any other country/continents thread. Here is to hoping you would understand our side as we do understand every other countries/continents problem. May you have a good day

@FuzzedI answered there this morning :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, thank you @Philips_Support_N. I am just replying to our dear Eu backer. We appreciate your response @Philips_Support_N, hopefully it’ll be more frequent in the next coming days.

Difficult time for the moment especially with the Coronavirus. We sent 100 masks to our team there and try to help them to reopen the factory.
Bad timing. But we are dong our best!

6 Likes

i would send some masks to and alcogel for hands if i could get my projector faster
but masks are out of store here and we dont even have an outbreake sweden

The decision is on the end of the Chinese Government now.