Shipping to Europe

1 Like

Not to bad!

Some limitations of apps on this projector might force users to remove DRM protection from movies they bought on Google Play Store / Youtube or Apple store to make them playable on the projector.

Same DRM issue exists when streaming over Airplay2/Chromecast.
Non DRM content plays without any problems!

Guess external HDMI device is the only solution there, Netflix works fine (Unsure if you should update or not update it, might break login or Full HD support.)

1 Like

did they even bother to reply you?
Backer number 3989 UK

@R347ITY
For the DRM on youtube and Google Play: yes as we are not Google Certified (explained already), you canot play Google movies bought on the store.
For DRM on Airplay: this is normal, Netflix and others are blocking it

1 Like

@Jon_Hjartarson yes we use 2 factories for around 500 to 700 units a day

2 Likes

Guys, please be patient. We are almost there, but China is on lockdown and we are all in the hands of fate of the virus.

The last update is that the factory is not active until 24th Feb. We will of course have an update after this date, nothing will change before.

2 Likes

Hi @Philips_Support_N,

after almost one month of silently waiting for my device (shipment was 2020/01/21) I finally checked the Backerkit page for the tracking number which is obviously wrong for me because it shows a totally different city where the parcel was picked up by someone else at the post office. I sent a mail to support, could you please take care? Many thanks :slight_smile:

Hi @Philips_Support_N

How is the situation in China as of today? can you confirm if the factories will stay closed, at least, until the 24th?

Thx.

For the moment yes

Hello @Philips_Support_N,
Thanks for the updates. It helps south the nerves while waiting to receive the projector.
I have though an issue with this long delay.
I will probably change appartement before the projector is shipped.
My shipping address is already locked on backer kit and I would like to know if I could update it (same country, same city) before you ship my order?
Thanks in advance for the answer

Hurricane is a bit too strong name. It was a pretty good storm. :wink:

@Philips_Support_N Just to make it more clear, this is no complaint about the slow shipping or whatsoever, it’s a hint that my parcel is probably lost. There is a wrong tracking ID in Backerkit. After receiving a standard text about closed factories (which is somehow not a fitting answer to my problem as my parcel is already sent according to the support) I try it here again.

1 Like

It said in no uncertain terms that it would also ship to Europe in November. We are now in February.

I don’t mind problems and delays. But I DO mind lying, saying that it will ship in mere weeks when the product wasn’t even completed. The dishonesty is what I find unacceptable.

2 Likes

Officials say the closing will last to February 24th. We’ll have to wait for their decision. Nevertheless, my contacts already stated that factories in some regions won’t open (attention!!!) Before end of April. This is for sure more in the hardest hitted regions, e.g. Hubei. But it shows it won’t be solved in only some days or less weeks. And we must remember: all staff coming from these regions also won’t come to Shenzhen due to travel restrictions.

1 Like

What about shipping in Italy?

I’m so despite to see a huge copany as Philipps trying ti justify themselves by showing email sent to their partners. I really Don’t care about your logistics problems. They were no obstacles when it comes to processing payments….I’ve sent tons of email to get some useless info ….“some perks will be send after Chinese new Year”… My Contibution ID Is : 19675 : when will i get my order ?
Thanks

Guys, there are several things at play here:

• This is a crowdfunded project, even if Philips is involved. It allows them to try to be groundbreaking and agile, plus offering the product for a better price in exchange but, in turn, delays are to be expected as they are normal in any product development. The main difference is that you can see how they happen as the development is underway.
  • The coronavirus is a black swan that is affecting the entire world, is not just Philips but every single company fabricating in China. Apple released a statement saying they are going to be unable to meet their forecast because of this, the factories are also closed for them, and Nintendo is already warning of shortages in the supply of the Switch.

We have been unlucky enough to have been fully hit by this situation and best we can do right now is to hope that the virus gets under control and the factories open up again.

4 Likes

Oh man, with 19k it means you basically just ordered it. You are months away from getting it even without delays.

i ordered it in early december……so if three months later i’m still months away from having it, i’ll never never order on Indiegogo again.

If that’s your criteria and patience level, then perhaps you shouldn’t order on Indiegogo ever again indeed.

If you can’t understand that it’s a crowdfunded project you’re backing where the product hasn’t even been finalized when the campaign starts, or that it may hit snags in development, production, or shipping stages, like this and many other projects have, and if you’re expecting retail level turnaround times, then no, shop elsewhere.

3 Likes