Shipping to Europe

Looks like those of us in the UK have been deliberately skipped this time because of Brexit. Despite the transition period someone has decided to not ship the UK ones along with the EU.

But as I predicted above, now you have an answer and still arent happy and still complain using cursewords in your post also.

3 Likes

Oh, I am happy that I have an answer but frustrated that it has taken this long for you to give the answer. Sorry if I have missed the post where you said you were excluding the UK from this batch. And yes I am also frustrated that during this transition period we are being treated differently because of the votes of an unrepresentative minority.

6 Likes

I’ve had a cup of tea and thought I would say that I am not annoyed at @IvoGrijt or @Philips_Support_N - you guys are just the messengers and it is nice to actually know that I can forget about getting my projector any time soon. It was the suspense of constant excuses and constant delays and no confirmation of if my projector was actually coming in this batch.

I still think your communication sucks, and I get that’s not @IvoGrijt’s fault - you’re just collecting the sporadic updates that are dripped out by @Philips_Support_N - but let’s face it how hard would it be to give an eta when you know it on batches of backer numbers - as I have said elsewhere there is no personally identifiable information there so no issues with GDPR etc.

Anyway, peace out.

7 Likes

@Philips_Support_N I find you remarks quite insensitive. Being on the side that did not want this division and now being treated as second rate by you is very distasteful.

So there were no deliveries before January 31 while the UK was still part of the EU? Also, there are no law changes during the withdrawal agreement between the UK and the EU. Are you saying Philips is treating a state still fully covered by EU laws, rules and regulations as well as all trade agreements (that still fully apply to the UK) as NOT being part of the EU?? This could find you in hot legal water.

4 Likes

I have reached out to Philips on twitter to ask them if this is a policy they are standing by.

5 Likes

You are joking right? We are still part of the EU customs union, you’ve been MISLEADING U.K customers for weeks now telling us our units are on the way and we’ll get tracking, and now you just casually say “oh, you won’t be getting it”.

I’m astounded. This beggars belief. And you wonder why some of us have ZERO trust in you.

8 Likes

A quick one to the community, has the chance to get a refund past? This whole “you’re no longer in the EU” attitude has tipped me over the edge. I’d rather have the money back in my account now.

Is there a way guys? Or has that ship sailed?

2 Likes

Do you have a link I can retweet? The verbal middle finger to the UK is the final straw.

3 Likes

Seeing those posts filled with anger, rudeness and ignorance makes me sad. I thought these days people understand that there are so many uncertainties that you can’t predict everything for sure. You guys have backed a crowdfunding platform and the team from Philips is doing everything they can, why wouldn’t day? And yes there might have been some misunderstandings, but the transparency they provide is more than enough.
Is this beamer really the only thing that matters right now? Even if there wouldn’t exist a pandemic around the world. You becoming your PicoPix does not matter. All of us are eager to get started, watch a movie on a big screen, play some playstation or whatever, but it is not a matter of urgency.
We are way to used to amazon prime delivery times. Complaining and even threatening with twitter or whatever won’t get you the product faster. They won’t prioritise you because you threatened to complain or even did so. Just save your energy, no need to check this thread every day if you want to find something to become mad.
Sit back, relax and look forward to receiving the PicoPix, but please let them do their work. Let them be transparent and be thankful for that. Be thankful that they do everything they can to help you and all of us in getting our product.

8 Likes

Let’s be completely honest:

The UK not being included in this EU shipment was not decided by Philips but by their forwarder, and at the base by the British people and government when they voted for and kept upholding the Brexit.

The forwarder gets charged / charges for the flights, perhaps those to the UK are already on a different rate despite the UK still officially being in the EU. Lots of companies have already left the UK and relocated elsewhere, so that could also be of influence on the rates.

Whatever the case, logistically it didn’t work out on this shipment unfortunately, next time it will cause in the end it all has to be delivered.

Unfortunately yes, as per the ending of the campaign on March 9th, they stopped accepting refund requests per the 11th of March.

Their logistic and sourcing team have already purchased all the components to manufacture the right number of products for their backers, and they have restarted production after the Coronavirus lockdown.

If after all this time someone still hadn’t made up their mind and cancelled, about the only thing left to do is wait for it to be delivered and then sell it yourself.

3 Likes

Let’s not debate the stupidity of others - the point is that we are functionally no different until the end of the transition agreement.

1 Like

It absolutely is not, we’ve for the past 2 weeks been told “tomorrow” “tomorrow” “tomorrow” and they’ve refused to let us know who’s units have shipped, we should have already had our units months ago but due to a shipping error other people got our units.

Now that they’ve arrived in Germany we’re now told that we won’t be getting the units we were told we would.

This isn’t an issue of crowd funding, I’ve backed many projects, waited years for some, some that I’ve paid a lot for have faded and dissapeared, such is life.

That’s lot transparent, it’s bare faced lies. We’re still in the EU, our units will ship to exactly the same place from China and follow exactly the same route, this is why we’re frustrated.

Part of being a moderator is calling them out when they’re in the wrong. And lets be honest, they’re in the wrong.

We’ve spent 2 weeks trying to get assurance that our units haven’t been missed, been told they haven’t and that they’re on the way to Germany and once they get there we will get tracking numbers.

Now all of a sudden, we are not getting them despite multiple assurances that we were.

It was a shipping mess up that we didn’t receive them months ago, it wasn’t our fault, they should be honouring our original shipping and sending the units to us.

4 Likes

I agree with you that the UK is still EU politically and legally.

But logistically it may no longer be in the eyes of the only people that matter for this discussion: the forwarding company in Hong Kong.
Perhaps they used to ship everything via the UK before, making it cheaper even to get stuff to the UK. But perhaps they relocated their EU offices to another country in mainland Europe, like Germany for instance, a move that may now cause shipments to the UK to be more expensive than before.
Then it might make more sense to send a bigger, complete batch to the UK in one go the next round than to fulfill only half the UK orders now for instance and still have to fulfill another half next time around.

I think what’s really bothering or rather concerning that UK not been receiving any units in order of backing on Indiegogo as Philips had pledge would happen, it turn’s out the reassuring from the Philips team has been meaningless and can NOT be trusted, to treat UK customers, some 1470+ backers! Have yet we still to see there’s units! Unless anyone from the UK says differently?

@Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_1 Can this be raised with senior management UK backers are Dissatisfied! We would like meaningful action to restore trust with UK backers!

2 Likes

No, all I have to do from a moderator standpoint is make sure the rules are followed by the users, that people aren’t being abusive or rude, that flagged posts get reviewed, that mistakes in posts that I catch are fixed (like your post had with the quote coding), etc. In theory if they curse or are rude I could call them on that and remove their posts too, but I doubt that they would do that in the first place. At the end of the day we all have a say so by their grace as it’s their forum.

As a fellow backer I don’t always agree with how information is given, or expectations managed. But even I am surprised how transparent and honest they have been with this stuff. If it had been me and my company I would not have said anything about the UK shipment and just kept those backers in the dark or found some other excuse for things that quite frankly were out of my control.
I can only imagine how the news that you guys would not be included in this batch must’ve landed on the Philips team, but they still opted to tell it like it is anyways.

You think the past 2 weeks have been anywhere near open, transparent and honest, serious question?

1 Like

Rubbish, Philips give the forwarder the projectors and the addresses.

1 Like