Shipping to Europe

I’m sorry for not being as professional as I could be, it’s just that these kind of entitled, foul language remarks get to me, especially when the summary which I specifically created to keep folks who don’t have the time like me to spend rummaging through all these forum posts is what is being attacked.

I understand that frustrations run high, especially with a lot of countries in lockdown, and yes, in an ideal world and time, this long a wait is unbecoming of any company, let alone Philips. But this is a backer supported product, meaning it was developed and specified along with our inputs and giving us insights into exactly what has been happening. If it were a “regular” product you could just buy off-the-shelf taking this long I’d be displeased as well, but it’s not.
Any other product you would just get a press release saying it’s coming to stores near you for a certain full retail price and you’d have no option to buy it at half price or less nor have any say so in the feature set.

You chose to back a product at half price on a crowdfunding platform, which follows different timelines than normal sales channels do, so now you have to wait, check the forum for info, and if you must, by all means complain. But do so in accordance to the forum rules and guidelines and refrain from personal attacks and foul language please.

12 Likes

Hi @IvoGrijt. Just quick note to thank you for all the time and effort you have put in this forum to help us find relevant informations. Have a nice day.

5 Likes

Your comment(s) and all the likes I’ve been getting certainly make it worth it for me, thanks to you and others I do feel determined to keep doing the work.
:blush:

9 Likes

Wow… privileged people? It’s called early backer, and it’s the result of the same backer order that you say isn’t at work at all. I backed this project as the 456th person to do so, so yes, when they sent 3K units to the EU in January (which may indeed feel like last year by now but wasn’t) I was in that batch.

Also: playing good cop? When a cop has an issue with someone it’s usually because they are misbehaving. At other times they’re there to help people in need, guide traffic and uphold the rules and guidelines. So what you define as being a good cop is just me trying to help everybody on the forum, whether they got their devices yet or not. I have been critical and supporting with regards to Philips / Screeneo and their team but always in a fair and polite manner, without losing respect or decency towards the people doing their job as best as they can, without making it personal despite the many personal attacks like yours above.

The other points you made I’m not even going to get into for I’m not sure there’s anything to be gained from doing that dance, so I’ll keep my thoughts on them to myself.

1 Like

Come on, this was completely uncalled for. IvoG has helped all of us a lot with his work on this forum. If anything we should encourage him and not spew our discontent on him for no reason.

4 Likes

Hi @IvoGrijt,
What is your actual contribution ID for your 456th position as a backer? My ID is 184
and I am from EU and yet I know another contributor with ID 55XX also from EU has received his unit (It’s now a happy news for him, since his unit was dead on arrival and you had advised not to return the unit just yet), so I forced to agree with @tsouvil that this whole shipping list seems random. I was not in the last list of shipment to EU either.

1 Like

My Indiegogo contribution ID for my first PPM is 456, yes. If your number is 184 then you should’ve been in my batch but as you know there was a mixup there which lead to many EU backers being skipped.

The shipments are happening by region yes, but within those individual regions backer numbers are followed. The fact that Australian and New Zealand backers got theirs all in one shipment is just logistics. Some early backers were unlucky in their waiting and others which backed very late were lucky in that shipment.

But what I said was not a lie. Let’s say you are waiting in line at the bakery to buy just bread and you’re the 10th person, that’s where you are. The baker then says “I have the last donuts for the day, who needs some?”
You see three people behind you in line raise their hands as well as two in front of you. You might get upset that those behind you get helped first, but once they’re helped, you can’t start complaining to the baker that because you’ve seen others get their order first, nor can you demand to be helped before others remaining in the queue.
What you can ask is to get information about when the bread might be ready. The baker is busy in the back, popping his head out every now and then telling the costumers how many he’s baked and when he expects them to be carried out to the shop. Now you can be upset and start cursing him off and all the other people in the queue trying to tell you to be patient, who are relaying the baker’s info back to those outside the shop in the queue. But that would be rude and get you nowhere nearer to your bread, as the baker has to come out and keep telling you to wait patiently instead of focusing on the bread in the oven.

So best you can do is wait till your number gets called and you get your bread.

1 Like

So @Philips_Support_N, 9 days ago you told me my 3rd time forgotten delive is going to be posted in few days, so where is this delivery notification or delivery number?

You guys either have no shame to lie non stop or capacity to finish this task, either why don’t you hand this campaign back to Philips so that they clear your mess and we finally receive the unicorn you promised which sounds more like a donkey with a plastic bottle horn with every update and feedback coming from the fortunate unfortunate people that received it. Every few days I have to come here and write to you so that I get another false update about an item which you keep telling me today, tomorrow after 6 months of delay!!!

backer number #3898 UK

3 Likes

Finally got it

7 Likes

My contributer ID 184. He said similar things to me when my order was returned to sender back in Feburary,

PhilipsNono 59 days ago
Hello,
We will check with DHL as we are not in charge of the shipping. We will keep you posted.

PhilipsNono 55 days ago
We are on it as our forwarder in China is now going back to work

PhilipsNono 51 days ago
Hello, We are on it and we will keep you posted

PhilipsNono 40 days ago
Hello,
You product came back from DHL with a defective packaging and we need to change it. We will send you a new one

PhilipsNono 35 days ago
Hello, your product has been sent back to HK, this is not our fault but DHL.
Your product is shipping back again tomorrow.
Thanks,

PhilipsNono 34 days ago
Will keep you posted tomorrow

PhilipsNono 33 days ago
still waiting for DHL. we are pushing them

And then stopped altogether. So its been two months since my February delivery date in the over all seven month since I contributed to this product.

2 Likes

Hi @IvoGrijt,
If there was a mix up, they should have reached out, apologised and prioritised those who were affected. How ever nice your analogy may be, the thing is,

1. A baker wouldn’t take your money before hand and say he wouldn’t refund, when he is not able to deliver on time.
  2. In this case all of us are waiting for the bread and no one is asking for the doughnut. It is the same product all of us are waiting for and so the order in which it should be delivered should be in the order people joined the queue.
  3. And if the baker is either not giving you any believable answers or no answer at all as in my case, people will get angry.
  4. At this point it is not just a few shouting at the baker. It most of us in the queue, who have lost patience.
  5. Now people who have got the bread are also starting to complain and we are being told, if it is actually good that we are still waiting in the queue, because the baker is now going to address those problems as well.
  6. In fact, if Philips were indeed like your local baker, they would keep your trust by coming clean the first time and allocate additional staff to keep their customers well informed, instead of relying on others in the queue to make up stories.

I am not sure if Philips can recover from this, because, those who are affected by Philips have lost their trust already and get it at this point is not going to change their mind. For those who have got it by now, seeing this forum will know that they were just lucky and wouldn’t bet on Philips again. I dare you to do a satisfaction survey at this point with people who have got their unit, not to prove anything to me, just for your own sake. Would you like to join such a company?

4 Likes

@Philips_Support_N this is what your company looks like

7 Likes

Yeah… Ever thought of the possibility that a distributer might actually have an earlier (and probably heavier) backing than you? An might actually be delivered earlier than you because of that? Dude. Stop being that toxic. Everyone is waiting in line and they are doing their best to get through with all the difficulties they are facing in this crazy time!

What’s wrong with people… Everyone acting like spoiled six year olds too impatient to wait till they can have their candy bar.

5 Likes

I’m not toxic at all just pointing out the fact that their communication and resolve is exactly what that video showed. Deliveries are still happening from this very point but for some inexplicable reason their forwarder is either incompetent or cant be bothered.

4 Likes

What number of contribution?

@svswamy you made very good points and completely took down my analogy, well done :sunglasses:.
I guess I’m out of ways to explain to people why and that they should be patient despite the lack of progress or communication as frequent as would be preferable.

@mmeidl that was actually funny, however it’s not what’s happening here, even though it feels that way.

I got an update today on another Indiegogo project I was merely following but haven’t backed. They also talked about their products being delayed and in their carrier’s warehouse. They even posted internal emails on the subject between their carrier and themselves.

So it’s not just Philips who’s affected by the lockdowns and service suspensions by DHL and other carriers, which means they aren’t lying about that.

Yes they said October shipping, or even in our homes by Christmas. But the product needed development still, as was proven by the very early batches having some issues. So when they finally got to the point where they were ready to scale up, the Covid-19 outbreak happened and made Murphy smile again. Ever since they’ve been playing catch-up without really getting the support and understanding from some backers. And I agree that part of that lies in their communication frequency and volume. But to call this a scam, to call them liars and hostage takers, that’s going to far IMHO.

4 Likes

Excellent video! This is exactly what is happening here.

2 Likes

I need help. DHL managed to try delivery at my office when it was closed on a Friday evening and subsequently tried delivery at a pickup point of their choosing which was closed. Now my PPM is being sent back to sender. Where can I reach someone from Philips to get this sorted??

1 Like

Most likely noone can stop this now. It is the way DHL operates. I have been in such situations a couple of times (not related to this campaign). You can send a message to philips support and nono. Good luck! Please keep us updated.