Shipping to Switzerland

Hi Andy thank you for the insight. Maybe there was another name on my package aswell and therefore it landed somewhere else in the house… let’s see …

This is why I always reroute DHL to a service point. Those are reliable. DHL has become terrible with residential addresses.

So again just talked to DHL. The declared value on the package was 200$ and of course no insurance any comment on that @Philips_Support_N? I’m not willing to pay 419 Euros and 35 Euros in VAT and now sit on all the cost!

I got mine also today after the same story.
Finally :slightly_smiling_face:

Was the name and address on the “Commercial Invoice” correct in your case?

If you mean in my case Andy, i have no idea according to DHL yes but i xan’t verify it since i’m not in possesion of the package

I was referring to schaefmi who said he got his PPM today.

1 Like

Got mine too. Its charging, but have to leave before I can try it out.

No it wasn t. There was an other name on it, but ond the DHL-ShippingReferencs was my name…

was there a name on it that at least was on your adress?

On the top side of the package was a “Commercial Invoice” with a sender and a receiver address. That’s what you see first when looking at the package. This name and address was someone else’s, somewhere else in Switzerland.
Then there was, on the side of the package, a DHL sticker with all their bar-codes, including my real name and address.
Hence I assume that Philips or their forwarder put the “Commercial Invoices” with one name and address on the packages and then DHL, based on the submitted list of recipients, put their sticker on it, without making sure, that the addresses are the same.

Thank you Andy, as a conclusion we can say the whole thing is somehow corrupted and if your unlucky you won’t see your PPM. Well done. Can we get a statement from @Philips_Support_N about that?

Hello, I’ve been following from far the discussions since the more I read about it the less I was hopeful to get it… But luckily it yielded to a positive outcome as today I’ve received the tracking number - relief! From what I read here, it took almost 1 month since some people received the tracking ID until finally receiving the shipment, is that more or less the same or has someone had a faster delivery time? In any case, what is 1 month if I already waited 8 months :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Hard to say, Gabi. One month has been the norm for corona-affected shipments, but ours (list 2) were apparently just stuck (forgotten, misplaced, no one knows) in a warehouse for a month, and not with DHL. Now that DHL has them, the shipping is pretty quick. It’s down to finding a free seat on a plane, which takes less than a month. Good luck!

I would still hope that the lists that Philips/forwarder and DHL used are the same. This would mean that for each address on the invoice, there is also a corresponding address on the DHL sticker. And given that the DHL guys only look at the DHL sticker, all intended recipients should get their PPM.
The only risk I see is if the package is not delivered directly to the recipient (social distancing?) but put somewhere, e.g. in front of a multi family house. In that case, anybody looking at the address on the invoice might be mislead.

is the dream about to come true!!??:grin:

1 Like

ha ha ha, now this is getting interesting :rofl:
EVENT CATEGORY
21 May 20 11:29 AM - Customs status updated - BASEL,SWITZERLAND
Further Details - Entry is rejected by Customs Authorities
Next Steps - Entry will be corrected and resubmitted. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer or shipper if further information is required.

1 Like

updating like a rocket now!
have faith beholders, for the stuff may come your way… at some point in the future :joy:
Further Detail

Shipment has been given a release by Customs.

Next Step

Unless there is an adhoc exam or a stop by another regulatory authority the shipment will proceed to delivery

1 Like

Double Tax.

Hi All,
I received my projector 2 days ago (Wed) from DHL. (GVA) Today, I received a text message with a link to DHL telling me to pay the tax (34.15chf).

I recall we got a notification last November about tax and I paid it then (32.26€).

How come I am taxed twice? Anyone else in the same situation?

p.s. My friend ordered 2 months before me and he is still waiting for his. Still on-hold in HK.

ZWEIMWST

Andy just posted the same thing in the general thread. I’ve been reading this from others (ROW) as well, apparently not isolated to CH. Will update here if I get the same thing. Miscommunication or not, it’s strange that they don’t collect applicable taxes on or before delivery, that’s how I remember it.

EDIT: did they provide documentation about what you’re supposed to be paying? Because that should be attached to the parcel in the first place.

1 Like