Shipping to Switzerland

Toryo
Same thing happened to me…
I asked @Philips_Support_N and the answer was:
https://community.philipsprojection.com/t/customs-duty-at-dhl/7794/2
“Hello, what you paid on Backerkit is the VAT.
But the custom duties may or may not happen, this is depending on the agent handling your device. All import taxe need to be paid by the customer as stated in the Indiegogo page.”

So we will have to pay these custom duties…

1 Like

As per update #10
Quick note to each region’s backers regarding taxes/VAT:

EU backers: you’ll be able to pay your VAT directly via Backerkit, thereby avoiding the hassle of doing so in upon delivery. You’ll be prompted through this process when you receive your Backerkit survey later this week.

US backers : we’re still verifying the process of collecting sales tax for your pre-order as each state collects taxes for this differently. We’ll keep you updated - please make sure you read each update (like this one) as they are posted.

Rest of world backers : relevant taxes can be paid to the shipping company online or at your door, depending on your preference and the shipping company’s ability to do so. Stay tuned for more shipping information in the coming weeks.

The actual Seller quoted on Indigogo is Philips Projection Tolochenaz (Switzerland), hence had expected the import duties to be on the importer who charged the VAT upfront, else no justification for having charged VAT upfront, as VAT is only due once imported.

As the transaction is from a Swiss entity to a Swiss individual or entity, no customs fees should be due by the purchaser, only VAT at the collected rate (and a s side comment, the shipment and the VAT have been préfinancement from 6-12 month …)

Any thoughts on this?

Hence why I’d love to know the makeup of these duties. And why it’s apparently the exact amount we paid as VAT (32 odd Euro).

Handlings duties can amount from 25.- to 50.- for importation when going through a courrier or Swisspost. But again, importation handling and duties should be born by the seller if he collect VAT.

As VAT charged, would expect DDP incoterm to be applicable (delivery duty paid).

Above incoterm sad explained by the Swiss postal service.

finaly received mine this morning, let see how the tax pan out. i remember paying this long time ago as well.
this backer stuff thingy is a total failure… i am not sure i’ll do it ever again…

Mine was just delivered…but not to the service point I rerouted it to. Had this weird feeling and dropped by the old place (in between flats), and DHL had just dropped it off in the mailbox, self-signed as someone else had posted earlier. Glad I listened to a gut feeling, but DHL have some craziness going on. The addresses on the package are both mine, so nothing funny there. We’ll see about duties in a few days I guess.

Thank you Liersi, very helpful. My DHL number is still not identifiable so potentially we will go through a similar experience, but let’s hope otherwise :blush:

Got mine today :grinning:. Everything is correctly addressed and ultimately the delivery went very quickly (yesterday the PPM was still in Hong Kong). The device is worth the price and the wait.

2 Likes

Wow!

My Indiegogo Contribution ID is 22xx and mine is still on hold in Hong Kong.
So delivery to Switzerland its completely random or what?

On which list were these recent CH delivery recipients appearing on , 2 or 3 or no idea?

List 2

Mine was on list 2. Announced in March, supposedly shipped mid of April, tracking number active on DHL towards the end of April, first movement on DHL May 12, 1 week on hold, really shipped May 18, delivered three days ago.

And today I’ve got two payment requests for customs/VAT within 6 hours. Given that it took them 1.5 month to ship the parcel they seem to be rather impatient…

Have you checked the commercial invoice attached to the parcel? Mine says “Terms of Trade: Duliver (sic) Duty Unpaid”. Could be customs duties outside of VAT, but given the same amount it could also be miscommunication between Philips/forwarder and DHL.

ZWEIMWST

1 Like

Mine says the same, even though the commercial invoice is addressed to somebody else :-).

ZWEIMWST

Have not yet received mine yet but not really worrying anymore since it now took about half a year and I purchased a different meanwhile. Maybe not quite as good (on paper) as the PPM but definitely sufficient for me and a lot cheaper. Therefore: once I receive the PPM I will put it on Ricardo or similar for sale. Maybe if someone here is interested… Just send me a PM.

Regards, S.

I finally got mine today too, after it was supposedly still in Hong Kong a day ago. I guess DHLs tracking is about as reliable as their service.

That said, it all seems to be working. Hope that’s the end of this odyssey.

1 Like

I have the same issue, but when you click on the invoice of the DHL payment notification, you can see that it consists of CHF 19 “Kontoabwicklungsgebühl” as well as CHF 15 VAT (=MWST). So the VAT we paid is also in this new bill… I would really like an explanation from @Philips_Support_N

1 Like

Bonjour… J’étais sur la deuxième liste d’expédition mais DHL n’affiche aucune mise à jour depuis le 15 mai et semble toujours à Hong Kong…

Avez vous reçu le votre ? Dois m’inquiéter ? Merci.