Shipping to Switzerland

I still have not received the reimbursment. When will it take place? Thanks, Cyril

answered by email. You are a corporate customer, you need to ask DHL to refund you the VAT. You paid it to them not to us.

ZWEIMWST

Contribution ID 6895

@IvoGrijt the PicoPix we got was broken (bulb did not start at all) so after clearing with Philips we returned it back to Hong Kong. Yesterday, we got a new one as a replacement for the broken one. The new piece seems to work well. But I was charged by DHL once again (VAT)! So actually, I paid the VAT TWICE (first time, the above mentioned CHF 37.15 and now CHF 33.70) . Thank you in advance for reimbursement.

Hello @IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N

ZWEIMWST
Contribution ID: 7895

Had to pay 41.65 today.

When an how is the refund going to take place?

ZWEIMWST

Dear,

Settled a DHL invoice of CHF 36.70 today.
Previously paid € 39.96 taxes through Backerkit.
Contribution ID: 21128

Thanks in advance for any reimbursement and have a happy ‘jeudredi’!

Regards,
Wim

OK done! Stripe will refund you within 1 week

done!

refunded!

ZWEIMWST
BackerkitID: 15593943
ContributionID: #2821

Payed 34.15 SFr by 25.05.2020

done

#ZWEIMWST
Contribution ID 14216
Backerit ID 15585685
Amount paid 34 frs

I sent an email to support@screeneo.com on June 2nd but no response. I’ll see if it works better here

@Philips_Support_N @IvoGrijt

i did already write
ZWEIMWST
Contribution ID 21476
Backerit ID 16949105

i did pay DHL 36,70
when will i receive the refund ?
thank you

OK c’est fait!

OK c’est fait

1 Like

Merci !

ZWEIMWST

Indigo ID : 9512
Order : #11684492
DHL – 2630213294

J’ai payé 37.15 CHF, posté plusieurs messages, jamais une réponse ou un accusé de bonne réception, ni de remboursement !!!

Julyan Zeltner
8a Semailles
1212 Grand-Lancy
SWITZERLAND

Bonjour,
Ce channel n’est pas un lieu ou demander ce genre de choses importantes. Vous devez nous envoyer un mail sur support@screeneo.com
Dans tous les cas, nous venons de vous rembourser.
Merci

Hey Hiro. I just refunded you

1 Like

Refunded!

OK I think I refunded everyone here. It should appear in your account within 2 weeks. The Credit Card system we are using is called STRIPE and they take between 7 and 14 days to refund.
If you don’t see anything within 14 days, please send us a message to support@screeneo.com with the proof of DHL payment and title: CH / Doble VAT