Software Update v1.0.26 is available now

I don’t like to swear but this whole update system is a steaming pile of s… I can’t wait to get rid of it and replace it with something that actually works reliably :triumph:

Please try the download again.

3 Likes

Okay. I will try again in the morning. But, I want to say something I didn’t in my first post. Thank you. For all the work you and your colleagues are doing. I’ve used your pico projectors is extremely remote locations. Jungles and expeditions. They make life in those places bearable. Take your time and take a break.

4 Likes

Hi guys and thank you for the great work!
It’s there any way to request a software feature?
I’m constantly switching between work use where the picture is normal and bed mode, where the picture is upside down. I would love it if there was a checkbox for “automatic ceiling flip” or something so when the projector is upside down, the picture is automatically flipped. I believe there is something in the projector hardware that can detect orientation?
Or make a special remote key combo that toggles image mode?

1 Like

Yes, you can post the feature request in the section called Feature Suggestions where we can vote on the suggestions and the development team can gauge the interest for new features.

Or perhaps a moderator can split this post off to that section?

I’ll post in there

1 Like

@Philips_Support_P Can you give as an rough estimation, when the previous for 1.0.26 planed features will be released?

See old announcement:

I tried the normal download many times with the same error each time. But the offline update worked fine. So I suggest anyone having issues try that option first.

1 Like

We have planned two service updates focusing exclusively on bug fixes only. Afterwards we will work on any new features. So approximately in two to three weeks they should be available.

3 Likes

I think you secret something with this version. My PPM didn’t die in a snap, it actually showed the shutting down dialog before dying :smile:

1 Like

Dear @Philips_Support_P, I have registered just to tell you how much I appreciate your work and directness, and also that you are addressibg issues with Kodi; I am one of many (if not most) buyers that have been wantibg to use Kodi almost exclusively.

5 Likes

Do we have to update the Netflix App in the v1.0.26 version or we just ignore it?

Ignore any update on the Netflix app

1 Like

FYI the German translation still call it Horizontal Correction

1 Like

Yes I know. Only English was renamed.

1 Like

I’ve had this feature on every Pico I have purchased so I was surprised it was not available, hopefully they can drop it into an update soon

:+1: thanks!

I’m so glad to see that this is a high priority :slight_smile: If this works, taking into account that netflix now also works as an add-on to Kodi. You instantly get a multimedia powerhouse of a projector :smiley:

Hopefully, Rockchip can help with the drivers here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seems external connections don’t have sound and internal Netflix don’t work that great…so what can one watch ??

I’ve had no issues with external connections or internal Netflix.

Had heard Netflix was not displayed in full hd …and external sources connected had sound issues