Software Update v1.0.27 is available now

In order to go back to the pre-installed version, you have to uninstall it from main screen (by pressing the three-lines button in remote), and normally you’ll see this app back in this main screen.

2 Likes

Updated to v1.0.27 went to settings and used the ‘calibrate’ feature… now auto calibration is stuffed.

The projector thinks it’s on an angle when it’s looking dead straight at the wall. So it’s always got a vertical tilt.

It was working 100% fine before the update and using calibrate.

I’ve already tried a factory reset. Didn’t fix. Ideas @Philips_Support_T

:wave: @GoGo
Thanks a lot for the app --> works fine !

Did you calibrate it on a flat, level surface?
Can you post a pic or clip of what you now see projected?

I did. And it’s fixed itself. Turned it on this morning and calibrated it again, works fine now… COOL! Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

This article will help: FAQ: Automatic Keystone Correction

1 Like

Any update on the readiness and release date of the next update?

1 Like

A minor update hopefully tonight or tomorrow and then v1.1.0 next week. But likely released to beta testers first for a couple of days.

5 Likes

and list of bugs for us to ponder on for 1.0.28 / 1.1.0?

It’s uninstalled! But question is how to get it back!

I haven’t experienced it myself because I have stuck a post-it on my screen on the icon of Netflix and Mx player pro which say “DO NOT UPDATE” :grin:.

To be serious, @Philips_Support_P explained previously that when you uninstall a pre-installed app, it’s icon comes back on the main screen by an internal routine.
@Philips_Support_P, more detailed information upon this ?

Edit : seen on another thread about Netflix, but should be the same for MX player pro :

1 Like

Can you or someone else tell me the exact version number for the Netflix app in 1.0.27 please? I need to check if I still have the patched version or not.

Says 4.16.3 Build 15172

bild

1 Like

If there were an auto reinstall script…

Ok, I guess a Factory reset might do it!
But I better wait for next version update first…

/J

Can we update Netflix after this update?
Because I do not see it in the known issues…

NEVER UPDATE Netflix.

It’s been patched to get Full HD on the PPM, as the regular version doesn’t support FHD normally apparently. So Philips take the latest version out there when they’re building the firmware package, patch it, and include it in the image.

1 Like

I tested Netflix and it’s at best SD quality :frowning:
I also tested Plex and that good. So it’s not the PPM.

The same issue with my Netflix on PPM

Perhaps you are affected by the initiative of Netflix to throttle the streams to not strain the network too much. Mine definitely goes up to 1080p. You can try the Test Pattern videos.

2 Likes

Any news about this?