Software Update v1.0.27 is available now

This article will help: FAQ: Automatic Keystone Correction

1 Like

Any update on the readiness and release date of the next update?

1 Like

A minor update hopefully tonight or tomorrow and then v1.1.0 next week. But likely released to beta testers first for a couple of days.

5 Likes

and list of bugs for us to ponder on for 1.0.28 / 1.1.0?

It’s uninstalled! But question is how to get it back!

I haven’t experienced it myself because I have stuck a post-it on my screen on the icon of Netflix and Mx player pro which say “DO NOT UPDATE” :grin:.

To be serious, @Philips_Support_P explained previously that when you uninstall a pre-installed app, it’s icon comes back on the main screen by an internal routine.
@Philips_Support_P, more detailed information upon this ?

Edit : seen on another thread about Netflix, but should be the same for MX player pro :

1 Like

Can you or someone else tell me the exact version number for the Netflix app in 1.0.27 please? I need to check if I still have the patched version or not.

Says 4.16.3 Build 15172

bild

1 Like

If there were an auto reinstall script…

Ok, I guess a Factory reset might do it!
But I better wait for next version update first…

/J

Can we update Netflix after this update?
Because I do not see it in the known issues…

NEVER UPDATE Netflix.

It’s been patched to get Full HD on the PPM, as the regular version doesn’t support FHD normally apparently. So Philips take the latest version out there when they’re building the firmware package, patch it, and include it in the image.

1 Like

I tested Netflix and it’s at best SD quality :frowning:
I also tested Plex and that good. So it’s not the PPM.

The same issue with my Netflix on PPM

Perhaps you are affected by the initiative of Netflix to throttle the streams to not strain the network too much. Mine definitely goes up to 1080p. You can try the Test Pattern videos.

2 Likes

Any news about this?

The online update for 1.0.29 is not being released yet, as some bugs were found during testing. However new mass production units will come with it pre-installed.

1.1.0 is on track.

5 Likes

Was just about to ask for an update, any ETA .29? My ppm is on it’s way yo the UK, it would be nice to have a spanking fresh update to show her off with :sunglasses:

Not holding anything on you but

that was 12 days ago, it’s kinda sorta off track?

2 Likes

I got an Indiegogo email today to say that 1.0.29 is available (can’t see it yet from my PPM)

New Firmware

1.0.29 is ready to go!

v1.0.28+29:

Fixes a few bugs:

• improved handling of output volume when switching between internal Android and HDMI/USB-C video
  • fixed a bug which was causing brightness/contrast settings to not be saved correctly
  • UI glitches in WiFi setup screen were fixed

Known issues:

• The option to set static IP address while configuring WiFi, may not appear when selected

Update on Kodi: we have reached out to Rockchip last month and continue to work with them to resolve the performance problem.

Next update : v1.1.0: this update will focus on home screen improvements

• Battery level
    • improved display of battery level including percentage charge and time left
    • fixed a bug causing the battery icon to disappear when light-coloured wallpaper is selected
  • Apps List:
    • frequently used apps bubbling up to the top of the list
    • newly installed apps shown with a marker
    • slightly refreshed look of icons
  • Settings:
    • Huge improvement with a quick-to-access settings section built into the home screen
    • quick-access to 4 commonly used settings
    • task management shortcut

Join the beta list to help with testing v1.1.0

4 Likes

Hey Prashant - thank you for the update!

Is there any news on when you want to tackle the adaptive fan control? Is it on the roadmap for an upcoming update?

Best