Software Update v1.0.27 is available now

I think the Focus is ok when you first press autofocus and then adjust it some manually (for me pressing left arrow once or twice after autofocus is done.)

Also the blurriness in the image is most seen on the navigation screen, so it might be the graphics/GUI scaling on that page fooling you that the image is bad! Did play a HVEC (HD) movie Right now and it do look sharp!
In next release maybe you could include a 1080p or 4K calibration image easily accessable settings.

The SMB issue is there with the Media Center application (Think it was part of the image)
Will try to debug it some more.

bild bild

1 Like

Regarding updating apps!

So I didn’t touch Netflix app.

Following updates worked directly
Aptoid TV, Prime Video, Youtube, Firefox.

VLC needed a reset/clear of it’s data to get it working after update.

”Settings > About > Version > hidden menu 5xOK > Apps > VLC > Clear data

Hulu kicks me out, but it can be due to geo restrictions! (Didn’t test it before update.)

MX Player Pro, won’t install the available update, downloads, but fails Install…
(Clear of App data didn’t help)

So I decided to uninstall it from Aptoid TV menu and then install it again from same menu in the store! Now it complains, can’t validate the purchase!

How do I get it back?
Or how do i get the update of it working?

1 Like

@Juanito @R347ITY try using X-plore File Manager. It works for me, both for FTP and SMB with login and password.

2 Likes

Hello @Philips_Support_P, thanks for your answer;

• I will do steps suggested by Juanito tomorrow , @Juanito, thank you! i will keep you informed if this is the solution for Amazon prime
  • Yes all this after update to 1.0.27, no problems before
  • I have already done the airmote pairing, i think is a problem related to the bluetooth paired devices, if your airmote is the last one will be connected at the end…so I removed ALL my bluetooth paired devices, then i added first the airmote then re paired all the rest, now i airmote works connection is faster :slight_smile:
  • no answers for the bad battery signaling, I hope you will find the solution, but not a big deal, it doesn’t seems to have a big impact on fonctions.

Regarding autofocus, one observation is that after the focus pattern overlay disappears, it seems like the focus changes a bit. This can be a bit problematic when you adjusted it manually. Anyone else noticed this? @Philips_Support_P Can you perhaps check this?

2 Likes

In order to go back to the pre-installed version, you have to uninstall it from main screen (by pressing the three-lines button in remote), and normally you’ll see this app back in this main screen.

2 Likes

Updated to v1.0.27 went to settings and used the ‘calibrate’ feature… now auto calibration is stuffed.

The projector thinks it’s on an angle when it’s looking dead straight at the wall. So it’s always got a vertical tilt.

It was working 100% fine before the update and using calibrate.

I’ve already tried a factory reset. Didn’t fix. Ideas @Philips_Support_T

:wave: @GoGo
Thanks a lot for the app --> works fine !

Did you calibrate it on a flat, level surface?
Can you post a pic or clip of what you now see projected?

I did. And it’s fixed itself. Turned it on this morning and calibrated it again, works fine now… COOL! Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

This article will help: FAQ: Automatic Keystone Correction

1 Like

Any update on the readiness and release date of the next update?

1 Like

A minor update hopefully tonight or tomorrow and then v1.1.0 next week. But likely released to beta testers first for a couple of days.

5 Likes

and list of bugs for us to ponder on for 1.0.28 / 1.1.0?

It’s uninstalled! But question is how to get it back!

I haven’t experienced it myself because I have stuck a post-it on my screen on the icon of Netflix and Mx player pro which say “DO NOT UPDATE” :grin:.

To be serious, @Philips_Support_P explained previously that when you uninstall a pre-installed app, it’s icon comes back on the main screen by an internal routine.
@Philips_Support_P, more detailed information upon this ?

Edit : seen on another thread about Netflix, but should be the same for MX player pro :

1 Like

Can you or someone else tell me the exact version number for the Netflix app in 1.0.27 please? I need to check if I still have the patched version or not.

Says 4.16.3 Build 15172

bild

1 Like

If there were an auto reinstall script…

Ok, I guess a Factory reset might do it!
But I better wait for next version update first…

/J

Can we update Netflix after this update?
Because I do not see it in the known issues…