Software Update v1.1.0 is available now

used android assistant task manager (through aptoide) and cleaned cache, checked memory and storage etc and nothing out of the ordinary from what I can see.

• the CPU is running at 31% - it spikes to around 70-100% every 10 seconds or so but guessing this is background refresh. it only spikes for 1 second and then goes back to 31%
  • temp 18 degrees
  • ram 41%
  • voltage is 10.8v
  • internal storage 6%

Not sure if you needed all that info but hope this helps.

EDIT: forgot to mention that when in energy saving mode the fan gets quieter and then after 30 seconds or so it goes lower still, so you basically can’t hear it (which is how it should be from what i’m reading).

Thanks,

@Philips_Support_P: I was able to perform other tests.

Chromecasting by sharing the whole screen of the phone:
It always has audio stutter, even with PPM BLE off and good power 5Ghz network on both phone and PPM. As said video plays smoothly and with good resolution.

Chromecasting by direclty sending content to the PPM via the “cast” icon in any video playback window: phone says video is playing, but nothing happens on the PPM

Miracast: I just discovered I could enable it and share the phone screen through it: Audio doesn’t stutter, video plays but there are visible artifacts, especially in scenes with a lot of motion in it.

Another detail: I updated all the .apk as suggested from https://we.tl/t-7Pto8NyOWt , so maybe the airplay version has some role…

1 Like

So the apps are updated now in v1.1.01?

you can find it in the v1.1.01 thread:

1 Like

Temp 18c is the battery sensor but its not working its static 18c all the time

Possible to disable the update yes no button on netflix ? Or send us an updated app

Any chance this is fixed with 1.0.1?
Also 1.0.1 contains the same apks as the apks you linked with 1.0.0 https://we.tl/t-7Pto8NyOWt?

Yes, latest versions as of last week.

But as always 3rd party apps continue to come out with updates, by the time you install v1.1.01, you might find that VLC or SmartYoutube have already released a few new versions.

1 Like

Oh no! Tried to do the 1.1.01 update and got the typical error, so turned it off and moved the PPM to my office so I could do the offline update method, but when I turned the PPM back on, it’s dead.

It turns on, the fans startup, the Philips Boot screen shows but then it doesn’t make it to the android launcher.

There is a dim light emitted, with an irrigular purple hue on the edges.

Is there a button combination or something to factory reset?

Ok so I tried a bunch of things like holding down power button for 30seconds etc, in the end I was able to turn it off after plugged it into power/charge.

I left it for a few minutes and turn it back on again, same result, getting worried now that mine was going be up for replacement.

Then I tried plugging something into the HDMI port (never used HDMI yet) and it displayed the input perfectly

So I hit the home button on the remote and it came back to the input source selection, I selected Android and it tried to switch but went back to the dim purplish screen.

I went back to HDMI, perfect, except it would not turn the volume up or focus.

Then all of a sudden it seemed to " catch up" and all the button presses I had done an not seen a result went crazy (focus focus, vol up up down focus …)

Eventually, I was back to the android launcher home screen.

Interestingly, on the home screen I’d lost all my installed apps again, and the battery was about 57% (correct) but if I went into settings screen, the battery was 10%.

I reboot it, everything came back to normal (installed apps, battery, remote responsiveness)

Very weird experience, but glad to have my PPM back.

Just offline updated to 1.1.01 and no issues.

My take from this… ONLY do update via offline update method.

6 Likes

So glad it is OK now. Thanks for sharing this experience. I recall another user had a similar problem. Hope that user sees this post and can do something similar to resolve it.

Oh no. It’s happening again. I was playing around with the PPM for a few hours, installing emulators and games, everything was perfect.

I turned it off and popped it on charge.

Now when Ive turned it back on, we are back to the dim light.

I plug my NVIDIA shield in over HDMI, it works, I hit the home button, it come back to input selection, I hit Android, and I’m back to the launcher.

Bit of a weird one.

1 Like

Have you tried a factory reset? I know it’s a PITA to install everything again, but if it gets you a fully working projector again it’s surely worth it.

1 Like

So I left it alone last night and watched a movie (Alien) on the normal boring TV.

Anyway, started the PPM up this morning, and everything is fine.

The last thing I did last night before turning it off was that System clean with the little rocketship thing.

I think the package download for 1.1.01 did something, so only offline updated for me from now on.

1 Like

could you please add some more background wallpapers in future updates

I tried that little rocket it seems to do jack, it says its optimised at 100% ,go back in there again and it’s at either 70 or 80 something percent again, you can let it launch all day long

1 Like

I know right, but it makes you feel better watching it take off with all your junk and presumably reject it all into space?

I also noticed after sending the rocket to space, my update file was still sitting there taking up 800mb of space.

To infinity and beyond!!

Please continue the discussion in the latest firmware thread: Software Update v1.1.01 & v1.1.02 are available now