Hello PicoPix Max users,
we have released a service update v1.1.01 on 2020-05-14T00:00:00Z and v1.1.02 on 2020-05-18T00:00:00Z, which fixes some urgent issues:
- Graphics performance improvement preference is now remembered across reboots. To be sure this is active for you, please go to Settings > Image > Keystone Correction > Automatic Keystone Correction, turn it off and then back on.
- The HDMI-related bug which was causing the PicoPix to turn on randomly, sometimes overheating, is solved now. Note that with this, HDMI CEC control is completely disabled. It was enabled recently with an update as an experiment, but in the interest of safety & reliability we have decided to disabled it. The CEC settings in Android hidden settings will have no effect.
- Amazon Prime Videos should work again now.
- Built-in apps were updated:
- Kodi (now pre-installed)
- Amazon Prime Video
- ExpressVPN (Philips ed.)
- VLC Player.
- v1.1.02 fixes a rare issue where the light engine might not power on at all.
IMPORTANT: Preloaded apps may lose their user configuration data. In particular, as Kodi is now a preinstalled app, your Kodi configuration may get overwritten with this update. Please backup your Kodi config before updating and restore it after the update. We are looking for a solution urgently.
All other bug fixes and improvements will be made in upcoming releases. In particular, we are aware that:
- Manual keystone is not saved across reboots
- SD Card and USB drives may not be writeable by 3rd party apps
- The battery ‘time remaining’ may sometimes display negative durations
We are working fast to fix those bugs and add more features for you. Thanks for your patience.
How to install?
Use our recommended offline update method: INFO: How to do offline software update?
Simply go to Settings > Software Update > Software Update > Check and update online.