Software Update v1.1.0 is available now

When is the new game streaming service coming?

Thanks Iā€™ll do some more testing tonight but new interface is great

It seems like the extended settings menu has a bug in the date and time format @IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_P

Just to mention i also have selected 24HR timing format which is not working

I have updated to latest FW version

1 Like

I uninstalled Netflix and now have a little box in the icon, but when I click it, nothing happens. If I hit options, all I have is open, but that does nothing.

I also uninstalled MX Player but there was no placeholder, so I got a copy from Aptoide.

Stupid question, if I would do a factory reset, would it also reset the apps?

Itā€™s not stupid to ask, better safe than sorry. Yes, factory reset will reset the device completely, as if you just opened the box. The only difference is that it will of course reset it to the latest installed firmware version.

In short, everything you installed, all the settings you changed and all your logins will be gone.

1 Like

Awesome update! Fan noise is gone on eco mode, gone! Better performance, higher battery life (Because of the reduction of the fan, I guess) and much better ui in terms of settings. Nice shot with the battery percentage and the estimated remainig battery life. Congrats!!

2 Likes

Great news, thank you for your hard work and listening to you community! Got my PPM yesterday and am very impressed - everything just worked without flaw out-of-the-box. Cool!

2 Likes

I gotta say - this is crazy, my laptop fan is louder than the PPMax! Haha :joy:

3 Likes

Update not working for me. I am currently on version 1.0.27. When trying to download the update, I get ā€œerror - not a valid update packageā€.

Anyone else having this issue?

1 Like

I got same messages, but I restarted projector couple of times and tried again. Finally it worked. Problem might be that too many people are upgrading same time. Just try again it will work eventually.

2 Likes

Hello @Dedohamdy sorry to hear that. I am talking with my team to find a solution for you. I will get back to you later today with instructions.

3 Likes

Thanks @Hmk69ā€¦ did a restart, tried again and waited a whileā€¦ then noticed it wasnā€™t even starting to download, so clicked retry and itā€™s now downloading. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Updates are great especially this last one but so far updating hasnā€™t been smooth so perhaps you can take a look on how you can improve this in the next ones.

Also for 4-corner correction, do you think itā€™s still possible to improve its performance and optimize it so that its effect on the overall system performance isnā€™t too drastic? At the moment, itā€™s almost night and day and Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s only a matter of time before people starts complaining that 4-corner correction is more useless because it affects system performance too much. I have no other experience with other projectors so I donā€™t know how they handle 4cc and if it has similar effects as in PPM.

2 Likes

Great update!!!
It feels now a lot more quiet and itā€™s sharper. I have the ppm behind my bed and Projekt it onto the ceiling. Unfortunately the manual keystone correction I not enough for me (I have to use additional 4corner correction.) Could you extend the spectrum of the manual keystone correction?

Compared to the Screeneo S6, the ppm is very powerful. The 4 corner correction is actually useless there, because the image immediately starts to stutter.

Overall the PPM is the much better projector. The only drawback is that itā€™s a bit darker. But even the image quality (colours not sharpness) feels better. Maybe my S6 is broken, unfortunately nobody from support is answering me.

1 Like

Send it to me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Maybe your unit is defective or it just doesnā€™t have much attention as PPM. I would assume that works on PPM may be used on their other products such as the S6.

Also, I donā€™t think itā€™s possible to change the range of the keystone correction. As far as I know, itā€™s dependent on the hardware and I think it is limited to a certain degree.

Yes, this is a high priority project in our team. The existing update infrastructure was designed for a lower volume product, itā€™s not able to handle the unexpected load of 15k simultaneous downloads. Luckily there is no technical roadblock in solving it, and it will be improved hopefully from n+2 update onwards.

Unfortunately no, in fact the 4cc performance is still acceptable on PicoPix Max, which does not use a dedicated geometry processor. Several other products (e.g. Screeneo S4) have a dedicated geometry processor which results in completely fluid 4-corner correction, but this part is cost-prohibitive in the case of PicoPix Max or S6.

2 Likes

Anyone has the link for downloading the firmware to beable to do a offline uppdate?

1 Like

Settings app is another team than @Philips_Support_P but the Date/time format behavior will be fixed soon.

Sweet