Software Update v1.1.0 is available now

This was a remarkable update! Thanks! So far, the only slight negative experience with the projector had been the fan noise, so this update made the viewing experience a lot better.

2 Likes

Sorry quick question, didnt see it in the list, so just asking.

Which version update for manual keystone configuration in HDMI mode and USB C.
I did read somewhere v1.1.xx

When you switch between modes the fan takes a few seconds to adapt.

2 Likes

This one, 1.1.0, already allows manual vertical keystone adjustment which carries over to all sources internal or external.

1 Like

I have no idea how @Philips_Support_P but this team made an already incredible product even more so. Thank you to all the staff I (and for sure loads of other people ) am impressed and grateful.

8 Likes

I update to new firmware offline but the bulb is very dim and no picture at all

What should i do ??

Agreed, this is a great update, it is almost silent in normal mode now which is wonderful for quiet scenes. I love the new quick access to settings too. There is one addition Iā€™d like to request to the quick access, and that is the mounting setting (to flip the picture for ceiling mounting) - I do this all the time.

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_P

After update it freeze no projection and no response
Could you please advise

Thereā€™s no shortcut for that yet, itā€™s being worked on. Use the Image shortcut which will take you there in 3 presses.

Very Nice update. Well done guyā€™s!

1 Like

Initially, it was stuck at 0% for several minutes. After I clicked the ā€œRetryā€ button, the update downloaded within few minutes. Rebooted itself and successfully updated firmware.

My PPMax is in Energy Saving mode and connected to power. A short while after it booted up, the fan sound disappeared. I could hardly hear the fan sound even after I put my ear next to the air vents. This is amazingly quiet. For reference, I am in Singapore and temperature here is now 27Ā°C at around 7:00am.

Congratulations to @Philips_Support_P and team for this achievement. Thank you very much.

4 Likes

@Philips_Support_P @Philips_Support_T @Philips_Support_2

I download the new software and it start to update the software then it trun off and trun on loading philips logo then the bulb become dim and no picture see the video

Could you please advise what shall i do

Can someone please explain why Netflix shouldnā€™t be updated. I keep seeing this. I received the ppm this week and forgot that I shouldnā€™t update Netflix, updated it and it seems ok, as in, it functions - what am I missing?

Thanks

1 Like

Okay, nothing is physically broken, as your light engine still boots up and works. The update seems to have failed. Download the update using the offline method please and have that on a USB stick ready to apply, there are instructions on doing a recovery mode FW Update somewhere but I canā€™t find them yet. Perhaps @Philips_Support_P will be up soon and can help out with this.

1 Like

The Netflix app is specially patched to achieve Full HD, please donā€™t update it.

If you updated it, please uninstall it. Then a placeholder icon will still be visible on the home screen. Click it once to reinstall the preloaded version.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve downloaded and installed the update and the fan was definitely quieter to begin with but has now started to speed up and get louder, same as before. I did this with Disney+ but havenā€™t had the chance to test on others apps. Does this sound normal and is the fan adaptive so it speeds up when needed (heavy processing, multiple apps open etc)?

TBH I was never really bothered by the fan noise anyway and never expected it to get any quieter so this update is a bonus.

thanks

1 Like

Is it only netflix or MX pro too? i am not sure if i mistakenly updated it so i uninstalled both. so will both app be automatically installed?

A post was split to a new topic: Projector placement question

I think i may have updated MX Player pro. How do i check or get it back to how it was?

Yes, as it heats up due to whatever reasons the fan will start to work harder. So this is normal.

Both, and yes, they should be installed when you click on their placeholder icons that are still there after you uninstall them.