Software Update v1.1.0 is available now

Yes.

Play any movie with some motion in it, while showing the playing controls overlay (play/pause/skip/ subtitles/ etc), and watch the performance suffer in the motion.
Now stop the movie, go to the Home screen then Keystone settings, and toggle the switch ON then OFF again in your case.
Then go back to Kodi, resume the movie (or go to the same point in it), let it play and call up the playing controls overlay. You should see the motion fluid both with as without the overlay.

Thanks for the explanation , I donā€™t really use Kodi, and try to avoid both auto keystone and 4 corner correction if I can,

So do I need to toggle the auto keystone on then off each time for maximum gpu performance across the board?

Shall I update to the latest Netflix when being promoted? I saw the movie contents are indicated as HD. Can it now support higher resolution? Thanks.

It did state in the update notes not to update it.

3 Likes

Just in case anyone comes across this issue. After updating to the latest firmware, the volume on the internal speakers was reduced to almost nothing even when increased to full according to the on-screen volume prompt (eg straining to hear any audio from right next to the unit even with the reduced fan noise). This persisted across a number of internal content/apps - Plex, Netflix as well as playing video from the SD card via VLC. Also persisted through multiple reboots.

The solution for me was to plug in an HDMI source. This rectified the volume problem, and it hasnā€™t come back since (and internal apps and content are now fine, too). Hopefully this will be of use to someone if they have the same problem.

3 Likes

Simply use a redirect to AWS Cloudfront for the ZIP file(s). Easy to setup on Apache and a big gamechanger. The good thing is, you only pay for the amount of request/data. So no additional recurring costs.

Very good update, apart from the OTA server not available which caused some frustration and effort to obtain the update.zip package.

Update went fine, I was positively suprised by the quality. I like the menu additions and everything ran much smoother. Netflix looked and acted great.

3 Likes

The client side requires certain non standard http headers.

1 Like

The fan is still just as loud as the previous version for me - anyone having the same issue? Iā€™ve definitely got v1.1 and it did seem a lot quieter for the first hour or so but now seems the same, if not slightly louder, than before.

The fan loudness is the same whether Iā€™m on the home menu or playing media through Disney, Plex or Netflix. Makes no difference if Iā€™m using keystone correction or not, if Iā€™m connected to power etc.

I might have to try a factory reset but hoping someone can help!

2 Likes

Try the noise levels with the power plugged in and without please and report back. :bulb:

I hoped this might fix the Vimeo app being displayed sideways, but sadly not.

Have you tried installing the app ā€œSet Orientationā€? You can use that to force landscape mode for ā€˜misbehavingā€™ apps.

2 Likes

Okay, so mine now freezes on the philips logo boot screen. Weird, it still autofocuses and seems to be running well but the projected display is stuck. Shouldnā€™t have updated to this new one.

Is a downgrade possible?

Update: Is anybody experiencing issues on boot up? Mine is just showing a faint light with no boot screen whatsoever, sometimes, it just runs but no display or light at all. You can hear the fan, and the autofocus but no display at all. Happened after this update.

1 Like

Hi, itā€™s the same if plugged in to power or not. Also noticed that ā€˜normalā€™ and ā€˜presentationā€™ modes are the same loudness and there is no noticeable drop when you switch between the two. Only changing it to ā€˜energy savingā€™ mode reduces the fan noise slightly. Would it make any difference if the hard drive was full? Iā€™ve done nothing to suggest this would be the case but maybe one of the apps is misbehaving.

Thanks for your help Ivo

EDIT: Okay just checked the harddrive space and the apps cache/storage and thereā€™s plenty of space and nothing looks unusual.

1 Like

Hey is there a problem with Amazon Prime Video it will not load since the new update also the quality of Prime and Netflix front end is really bad image quality is very poor not vivid anymore also the automatic software update took 10 attemps to get it to work I hope they fix the issues very soon

Regards

Keep safe

What version of Netflix and Amazon Prime are you running exactly?

Using only the touchpad (without using the AirMote), how do I close the Shortcuts panel to get back to the apps list? Sorry, I couldnā€™t figure it out. Thanks.

Edit: Got it. Just move the pointer to the bottom of the screen. Thanks.

1 Like

With CloudFront itā€™s very easy to write a Lambda@Edge script (using Node JS) to inject the required headers. Please ping me if you need assistance, more than happy to assist.

Hey version 3.0.270

As you can see the home page is very poor quality the film images not very clear Netflix is like that on the home page of app also the remote is terrible the range is shocking you have to be right next to the projector

Hope this helps

Michael

2 Likes

I updated Amazon Prime to version 3.0.270 build 48947 just now, running smoothly.
The Netflix version should not be updated, at version 4.16.3 build 15172

Can you post a landscape oriented pic of the following:

1. PPM home screen,
  2. Netflix movie selection page
  3. Netflix while playing a movie
  4. Amazon Prime movie selection page
  5. Amazon Prime while playing a movie