Software Update v1.1.0 is available now

I have just updated the PPM and the new software is very nice! One question, does Philips plan to add more languages ?

1 Like

Which language(s) are you missing specifically?

Shame, because I do have MX player pro, but because we donā€™t have GMS, I canā€™t validate the address Iā€™ve linked to Google services.

Missing my own language:) (polish).
Do not get me wrong, english is OK for me, but the PPM would look more proper as a Philips product. After all, all Philips brand products contain native languages if they are introduced into a specyfic market.

1 Like

download and update worked out with patience :slight_smile: and I can now enjoy the new version. Kudos to the team :clap:

1 Like

Traditional ChinesešŸ™šŸ»

1 Like

Kudos to hardware & software engineers for this awesome update :tada::tada::tada:, Iā€™m shocked (in a good way :joy:) by the difference!
I didnā€™t expect that when buying it, so glad that I had low expectations at the time and get those improvements remotely!
Keep up the good work :muscle:

2 Likes

Great update, could not do ā€˜Onlineā€™ but worked perfectly Offline.

Issues for me:

1. All the non default apps I had installed disappeared until I had rebooted (then they all come back fine.
  2. When on charge (AC or battery) it never goes above 97% charged
  3. Yellow File manager icon, seriously, Yellow? Sack who ever decided on Yellow.

Patiently waiting for the ability to reorder apps (and choose which quick settings are on the home page) and the PPM will be just about perfect.

Oh and I loved when I unplugged the PPM from charge and instead of an actual ā€˜time remainingā€™ it said ā€œA long time remainingā€. Made me laugh.

Did a double header Saturday night of Trolls World Tour followed by Falling Down, both at Normal brightness paired to JBL BoomBox and I still had 38mins remaining on the internal battery and a dead Zmi 15000mah battery pack. Iā€™m very happy with that.

4 Likes

I still have really strong stutter while casting video via ā€œchromecastā€. BTW, I have 2 networks with the same name 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, how do I choose which one to connect to?

@Philips_Support_P, I have the same observation as @GeoffAlex. Should be a minor bug that could be fixed in next update.

Rename them so you know which one to choose. 5ghz is the recommendation

2 Likes

Iv done the update & noticed the fan noise on normal is still the same level, & the charger & projector are quite hot after about half hour in iv turned it off just to cool it down will see how it goes

1 Like

when plugged in itā€™s getting a slight noise when charging & when turned off the noise goes away, is this normal?

The clarity of the image is insane.

3 Likes

Yes, it really brings out the beautiful colour of the salmon fillet! :sushi: I couldnā€™t think of a better way to watch food commercials! :laughing:

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Iā€™m really happy with this update.

This part of release notes especially should be in bold:

Please go to the Keystone Correction settings and turn Automatic Keystone Correction ON. If it was already on, first turn it OFF, then back ON. You only need to do this once. Afterwards youā€™ll immediately notice better performance.

I havenā€™t noticed it first, so I didnā€™t try to turn the auto correction OFF and ON again. The difference in performance is huge!!!

Now I can finally watch movies without attaching Odroid C4 to run KODI. It would be better if 4 corner correction worked with same performace, but well, nothing is perfectā€¦

The fan noise reduction is great too. Iā€™m really happy with this software update. If there will be few more updates as major as this one, the projector will be nearly perfect.

Big thanks to the team working on it! Even though itā€™s their job. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This isnā€™t persistently settable at the moment however, whereas it shouldā€™ve been if I understood correctly. So at each start up of the PPM youā€™ll need to do the toggle. The next FW update will probably fix this if it was indeed an oversight.

1 Like

fan noise still the same for me. iā€™ve updated correctly and have since done a factory reset but still the same - the fan is just as loud as before. no increase in battery too. very frustrating as sounds like this is working for everyone else.

any ideas folks?

thanks

Hi @ScouseKiwi what are your room conditions (temperature and humidity)? Is there enough ventilation specially on the sides of the projector?