Software Update v1.2.1 is now available

Ive had D+ working for months, the new FW for some reason, makes D+ force update, once done it wont open. Ill try and delete and downgrade see what happens.

I dont know the exact SW version it was before, ill check it out today. Cheers.

1 Like

I don’t think the firmware update updated your Disney+ since that app isn’t preinstalled. Perhaps you need to delete app data and cache and/or reinstall.

1 Like

Hi, the FW didn’t update D+, as soon as the FW installed, I clicked D+ and it then forced me to update, I couldn’t use the app without updating, but then after the update it wouldn’t launch. I’ll clear the cache and reinstall, thanks for the advice! Cheers.

@Sponnie we don’t force to update apps especially if the app is not preloaded. I think this is due to Disney+ new policy.

1 Like

Thanks - probably just a coincidence, I had’nt used the app for a while and then updated the FW.

I’ll try the clear cache and redownload method. Not many have seemingly had issues, so must be a fairly isolated issue.

Thanks for the reply.

@Philips_Support_P, i updated the ui with the beta you provided. The miracast icon doesn’t launch anything and doesn’t even click. Can you give me the apk to the old ui?

You can go back to the Screeneo Launcher v1.5.6 by uninstalling the v1.5.9 update.
You can do this in the hidden menu and it goes like this:

Go to More settings More settings , press OK

Scroll down and select About, press OK

Scroll down and select Software Version, press 5 times OK

You’re now in the hidden menu

Scroll down and select Apps, press OK

Scroll down and select See all apps, press OK

Scroll down and select Screeneo Launcher, press OK

Select Uninstall updates, press OK

Now you’re back to Screeneo Launcher v1.5.6

2 Likes

Thats fixed it, cheers fella.

Updated the software yesterday. Now my projector starts to boot, shows the picopix max start up then the screen goes dim and never goes to the homescreen. Then I have to manually power off. Is there a reset I can do or is my projector an expensive nightlight now?

Please request the firmware restore procedure via an email to support@ philipsprojection.com with the subject line

PPX620 Firmware Restore Procedure Request

After this update I can’t anymore see the projector from my PC, I was using Chrome Brower and I was able to cast from there…
Now Chrome can’t anymore find devices to cast to.
From the projector I tried different combination of enabling/disabling ChromeCast and AirPlay, but nothing changed, and my projector is still not seen.

My network card doesn’t support Miracast, so Chromecast is my only option.

I posted even here but maybe it’s more related to the update.

You can try to start the AirPlay app from the home screen, then enable Google Cast.

There is also a “device discovery tweaks” option at the bottom of the settings in this app, which may help.

Check also if your WiFi network had any config changes.

1 Like

Thanks, seems like it started working after I disabled discovery tweaks

1 Like

In the end I found out it wasn’t changing discovery tweaks who made the Google Cast working, but was an issue with the access point, so not of the firmware projector.
Sometimes the access point seems unable to let connected devices see each others, and when this happens I just have to reconnect them to the network.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Slightly doubled image

@Philips_Support_P we need to resolve this . Thanks!

Hi!

One question: Is it possible that this update changed something with access to the hardware-decoder for Aps? I remember in the very first version VLC had no access to it and was unusable. I have a Router which provides the TV signal in my Wlan (SD in MPEG2 and HD in h264) - now the image is not stable when i stream it via KODI or the Fritz Android App ( FRITZ!Apps ohne Google Play Store herunterladen | FRITZ!App WLAN | AVM Deutschland ) - I think it was stable before. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @PhilippBerlin I think something in FritzBox itself has changed because I have the same issue streaming DVBC even on my Fire TV, iPad etc. using either VLC or FritzBox app.

Nothing on the PicoPix Max was changed related to the video decoding, however you can try to turn Automatic Keystone Correction on (and 4-corner correction OFF), in case that is the issue.

Hi @Philips_Support_P - could be the 4-corner correction then! I turned it on lately, will try again without it.

I have the old FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C which does not get any updates anymore (FritzOS 7.01 from 2018) - I have no issues with other devices.

That is correct! There was an FritzBox OS update recently.