Software Update v1.3.0 is now available

I’ve gone through the setup process and it is still showing!

I updated from 1.2.7 to 1.3.0 without any issues :blush:

I’m on factory settings from KS should I update it? in all honesty I’m a bit worried to even try.

In response to my post above, it seem the updated ABC apps require Google play. I have been informed by Philips, this projector does not, and will not, support Google play…

is it possible with this latest update to update also all the app pre-installed such as Netflix, Youtube etc?

is it possible to have Disney+ app?

Nicko, Disney+ is already accessible from the menu. Concerning Netflix, there is no update for the moment

Hi Philips Nono
Can I update firmware from 1.1.02 to 1.3.0? ( my projector PPX620)
Thank you very much

Hello, there will be differential updates. You will need to update several times to go from 1.1 to 1.3 :slight_smile:

How is update several times? Can you help me, please?

Hi, I think I found an issue in this version with the auto-focus at the boot.

If the projector is booted when connected to HDMI (as a priority input), but that has no signal (so it will display the yellow screen), the starting auto-focus will result blurry.

Also, but maybe it’s just my impression, the auto-focus works better when on Android than when it’s run on HDMI input… the difference is minimal, but I get the best result when I go back to Android, auto-focus, and then return to HDMI.

EDIT:
After some test I have a correction to what I told before about the auto-focus issue with HDMI at boot, the problem happens always even if the HDMI had signal.
I have seen that the auto-focus starts during boot on Android, as I see the cross sign appear, but the input source is changed to HDMI during the calibration, and it’s here that something goes wrong and the image becomes blurry.

You mean auto-focus :wink:
The focus pattern isn’t shown in external sources so I guess that affects the focus result. It would help if there are texts or anything displayed when the auto-focus is triggered otherwise, blurry focus is kind of expected. Maybe they should just disable or delay further the auto-focus when in external source.

ha ha, it was because the missing zoom function with HDMI input is always in my mind, ruining all my thoughts !!
I corrected the post.

Thanks for the explanation, it makes sense.
For now I’ll just disable it at boot.

Is this the latest software version? Does it support PPX620CN? Does the language adapt to Simplified Chinese?

Hello, the CN software is totally different. you cannot install an INT version into a CN hardware version.

Hey Mats did you ever find a way to get iView working? our Bluey machine is no longer!

No, I didn’t look into it further. Philips said ABC have changed the app to require something called Google Play, which this projector does not support.

Only just saw that there was an update available, so went to update it, hoping it would solve some of the nonstop infuriating issues of this projector. It downloaded the update, powered off and on twice during the process, and now is stuck on a blank screen. Can’t power it off, not with the remote, not on the projector itself, not holding for 10+ seconds. So so sick of this thing.

Try the manual update via usb storage.

This update ruined my autofocus. Now, my PPM is always blurry and I have to focus manually. It’s not there any solution. I tried to restart, tried to focus to the floor and the ceeling, and it doesn’t work. There wiil be any patch to fix that? (I noticed some other users have the same autofocus problem)

@Philips_Support_P